Bills and cards trying to get to 6

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

So, in that scenario - not saying good or bad just putting it into a different perspective - you've traded Cordy Glenn and Tyrod Taylor, for Josh Rosen. 

That would be a steal. And in *that* case, I could get on board with trading up....because, I have a feeling Shady and Hughes are Draft day moves resulting in more picks if the Bills trade up. IMHO, I think that's one reason why Beane is considering it, because he believes he can recoup those picks via player trades. Hughes and Shady both probably come in a 3rd to 4th round compensation. And in THIS Draft, that's exactly what they need, in addition to the two 2nd round picks. DT / LB are deep this year, and the Bills need to add those guys. 

You dont trade Shady. If that's where his value is, better off keeping him. Especially since hes literally the only proven weapon on this roster.

As much as I like KB, dude had to prove he can he a true player at WR for us.

Therefore, unless we get some sort of legit compensation for Shady. Zero reason to unload him.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

You dont trade Shady. If that's where his value is, better off keeping him. Especially since hes literally the only proven weapon on this roster.

Therefore, unless we get some sort of legit compensation for Shady. Zero reason to unload him.

I disagree. Shady is expendable on the wrong side of 30 and one of the positions this Draft is loaded with? Oh yea, RB. You use the pick and continue to unload contracts and get younger. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

That is not totally accurate... If the Giant's were to insist upon Shady being included in the deal (since they would be passing up the chance to draft Barkley) and might reduce the draft choice compensation abit, it might indeed be a good reason to trade Shady. And after all he is hitting 30 and might relish a chance to go up against his former team (Eagles) and perhaps even contend for the Superbowl... I'd hardly call that "zero reason to unload him...)

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think he's probably dead in this photo. 

In the 1800's, it was custom to take post mortem pics with the bodies propped to look alive....like the dude below.

Burger dude wanted to have his last pic with a giant burger in his hands.....like most fatty Americans.

Image result for post mortem pics

i don't think i'm going to talk to you anymore.  

43 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

According to the other "Trade rumor on path to the draft" thread it will only cost us a second and a fourth to move up to #6. Yeah right.

At any rate, I hope that we can pull it off however we have to. We may end up ultimately stuck at six if the giants don't want to move out, but at least we gave it our best effort.

I think his name is Mike Williams.

Nah man, that's Karlos.  His girl is pregnant again. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I would feel a lot better about our QB situation IF we have pick #6 ahead of draft day.  Being at #6 now gives us the flexibility to see if we need to move up further on draft day, and it also puts us in a better spot to go to #2 on the day of the draft. 

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Bills trade #12 and #22 to Colts for #6

Bills trade #6 and #65th to Browns for #4

Browns-Darnold

Giants-Barkley

Jets-Mayfield

Bills-Rosen

We would still have picks 53, 56, 96 and we keep all our picks next year. This also ensures we jump over Broncos, cut out the Cardinals, Dolphins, Patriots and whoever else wants to trade up because the Giants are not trading out of #2.

You're assuming that our competition is going to sit idly while we make moves.  I would not assume that for a moment.  I also don't get this notion as though the Browns owe us something that they will eschew impact players for lesser players by trading down.  For once the Browns are not desperate in terms of draft capital and cap space.

Denver is the better spot at 5.  If I’m gonna overpay to get up to 6, overpay to get to 5.  It eliminates the only other legit candidate besides Browns and Jets who could take a QB in top 5 and it freezes the Giants at 2 and Browns at 4, making the price to move up from 5 cheaper.  

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Denver is the better spot at 5.  If I’m gonna overpay to get up to 6, overpay to get to 5.  It eliminates the only other legit candidate besides Browns and Jets who could take a QB in top 5 and it freezes the Giants at 2 and Browns at 4, making the price to move up from 5 cheaper.  

But it's so hard to figure.  If Denver wants a QB who's left at 5, they aren't trading.    Other than the Dolphins, there's no one ahead of the Bills who really wants a QB, and there's no one behind the Bills with enough capital to trade up to 5.   In other words, either Denver doesn't want to deal, or if it does, there isn't much reason for the Bills to do it.   

• Like (+1) 1

Wondering if we only go to #6, if we are sure we can then get to #2.  If they only get to #6, then Darnold, Mayfield, and Rosen may all be gone leaving Allen as the only "big 4" left.

Just now, PIZ said:

Wondering if we only go to #6, if we are sure we can then get to #2.  If they only get to #6, then Darnold, Mayfield, and Rosen may all be gone leaving Allen as the only "big 4" left.

I think it's likely. Gettleman may have told Beane that if he could get to six, then they have a deal. It guarantees the Giants one of Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Well, I'd be fine with Allen at 6.  I personally think Darnold and Allen are likely the first 2 qbs off the board.

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

I disagree. Shady is expendable on the wrong side of 30 and one of the positions this Draft is loaded with? Oh yea, RB. You use the pick and continue to unload contracts and get younger. 

58 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

That is not totally accurate... If the Giant's were to insist upon Shady being included in the deal (since they would be passing up the chance to draft Barkley) and might reduce the draft choice compensation abit, it might indeed be a good reason to trade Shady. And after all he is hitting 30 and might relish a chance to go up against his former team (Eagles) and perhaps even contend for the Superbowl... I'd hardly call that "zero reason to unload him...)

Did either one of you bother to read what I was originally responding to and what the poster values Shady at?

If I’m Beane, I offer 12, 22, and 53 to Broncos for 5. That’s a big over-payment but worth it in my opinion because it eliminates the only other legit competition to take a QB in top 5.   Then I offer next years 1 to Giants for pick 2.  Giants still get Chubb, Barkley, or Nelson and pick up a 1st next year while building around a 38 year old QB.  If I stay at 5, at worst I get to pick between 2 of the top 4 QB’s.  

12 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Did either one of you bother to read what I was originally responding to and what the poster values Shady at?

I have no idea what you're referring to....you quoted me directly with the response that you don't trade Shady, I countered with, "Yes, you do - given the depth at the RB position in this Draft and the intent to get younger and cheaper". 

Then you mention what "the poster values Shady at"....but the OP doesn't mention Shady at all. He merely indicated the two teams talking about going 6, per NFL Network. So, I guess you'll have to fill me in...?

15 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I have no idea what you're referring to....you quoted me directly with the response that you don't trade Shady, I countered with, "Yes, you do - given the depth at the RB position in this Draft and the intent to get younger and cheaper". 

Then you mention what "the poster values Shady at"....but the OP doesn't mention Shady at all. He merely indicated the two teams talking about going 6, per NFL Network. So, I guess you'll have to fill me in...?

Said shady was worth a 3rd or a 4th rounder. Hence why I said I wouldn't move him for that 

2 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Does anyone else lick the twinkie cake off the wrapper that gets stuck there after you open it?

That’s NOT a Twinkie!!!!

2 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Browns-Darnold

Giants-Barkley

Jets-Mayfield

Bills-Rosen

We would still have picks 53, 56, 96 and we keep all our picks next year. This also ensures we jump over Broncos, cut out the Cardinals, Dolphins, Patriots and whoever else wants to trade up because the Giants are not trading out of #2.

This happens and I bet I’m not the only one who’s ecstatic!!!

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

Said shady was worth a 3rd or a 4th rounder. Hence why I said I wouldn't move him for that 

Oh, I see...I thought you were saying you responded in a separate post about Shady....that's why I was confused. 

As for worth a 3rd or 4th Rounder, given his age, I think a mid to low 3rd or high 4th is probably fair compensation. And, yes Shady has been the best Offensive player for the team since his arrival, but this isn't about 2018, which is why the Bills would be giving up so much to get their QB of the future. This is about setting the team up for 2019 and beyond. 

This Draft is unusually deep at RB, where a 3rd round or even 4th round RB could be a legit starter for the rest of his career and one who can do it all, except for maybe pass block. That's why you turn Shady in for that pick. It gives you flexibility to choose a RB or a WR or a CB or LB, and still be able to get a younger, cheaper, and able RB while adding to the core of your players for the next five years. JMO, I know you disagree, I was just expounding on the reasoning in my mind.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Oh, I see...I thought you were saying you responded in a separate post about Shady....that's why I was confused. 

As for worth a 3rd or 4th Rounder, given his age, I think a mid to low 3rd or high 4th is probably fair compensation. And, yes Shady has been the best Offensive player for the team since his arrival, but this isn't about 2018, which is why the Bills would be giving up so much to get their QB of the future. This is about setting the team up for 2019 and beyond. 

This Draft is unusually deep at RB, where a 3rd round or even 4th round RB could be a legit starter for the rest of his career and one who can do it all, except for maybe pass block. That's why you turn Shady in for that pick. It gives you flexibility to choose a RB or a WR or a CB or LB, and still be able to get a younger, cheaper, and able RB while adding to the core of your players for the next five years. JMO, I know you disagree, I was just expounding on the reasoning in my mind.

Believe me, I'm all for going with a youth movement. However, Shady means more to this team and this locker room... it's been well stated that Shady has really matured here as a player and a teammate.

The salary cap is more worrisome for fans than front offices, I am not overly worried about what Shady is getting paid.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Browns-Darnold

Giants-Barkley

Jets-Mayfield

Bills-Rosen

It took 3 2nds for the Jets to go from 6 to 3 but it only costs a 3rd to go from 6 to 4? 

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

Believe me, I'm all for going with a youth movement. However, Shady means more to this team and this locker room... it's been well stated that Shady has really matured here as a player and a teammate.

The salary cap is more worrisome for fans than front offices, I am not overly worried about what Shady is getting paid.

Fair enough...for me, when I consider value, I think about what Bills would get for him, his replacement value in terms of a Rookie RB, and Cap money spent. Given the depth at RB this year, to me it just makes sense. But, it’s not like I’m on a soap box screaming about the end of the world if he stays, lol....I just happen to think his highest value to Bills at this point, is now. 

• Like (+1) 1