Richie Incognito Retires Via Twitter - Now Confirmed

Virgil

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

"I'm done. That's it," Incognito told Bills.com's Vic Carucci. "My liver and kidneys are shutting down. The stress is killing me. It's just about doing what's right." Earlier Tuesday, Incognito reportedly told Peter King he was "strongly considering" retirement while discussing his deal with the Bills -- he took a pay cut last month -- but now he is officially calling it quits

As much as question him as a person, I do hope his health is alright.  I hardly think all of these problems are just because of football.  This guy loves to get after it off the field.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Helpmenow said:

Resigns with Miami 

I think he would rather let Johnathan Martin bang his sister first .

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can’t sign anywhere 

Yeah isn't it 2 full seasons or something unless the team cuts you/lets you out of the contract?

Edited by SouthNYfan

3 minutes ago, LedyardCTbillsfan said:

Price or Ragnow has to be a priority now.

It’s a G.  He was a good player but let’s not act like Gs are that hard to find.  It sucks to lose good players but G is probably one of the easiest positions to replace.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Unhappy to be making less money, so he prefers no money?

"Liver and kidneys are shutting down"??

I think RI has bottled up the crazy inside for too long the past few years and now it is coming out again. 

He needs more car smashing therapy.

I'm sitting in my car eating a KFC famous bowl.

Realizing that life is good, and I couldn't care less that he retired.

Maybe we shouldn't even run an OLINE next year.

Just a center to small it, a QB, two RBS, and 8 WRs.

Then I realized we don't even have any WRs on the team unless Zay turns into one.

11 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Yeah, that's not really changing the basis of the question though is it? 

I've taken a step back to think about your earlier post because it was worthy response.

I just can't see that an organization would have planned to replace the best offensive lineman in the same off season when they had already lost Eric Wood and replaced that center with a guy that has been to this point at best a bad center. That's just a willful destruction of a team. Groy is not a Pro Bowl guard and they might have seen him as an eventual replacement that isn't something you are thinking is what you want on March 31st. 

Cheers. 

No it’s just business. Richie is 35 with one year left on his deal. If they think they can replace him for cheaper they will. They think they can, given his age, regardless of what he’s done in the past. They were willing to keep him for less. They were going to draft a guy anyway. That guy could end up starting on either side. Groy may still start at C. Bodine is there in case he moves to G. Ducasse is the RG but Miller will compete. I think Connor McDermott will be the RT. Fans hate when teams replace with younger/cheaper but it’s the way it goes. He wasn’t part of the future, they are rebuilding the line. I do not think this changes their plans. It seemed like they were more “willing” to keep him one more year than “trying” to keep him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This why last year i was pissed the Bills did not go after Boldin's $1M signing bonus, or if they did , they did not make it public. Now you going to go after Richie's money? After what he has done for the team for 3 years? That Bolding thing was a bad precedent.

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

I'm sitting in my car eating a KFC famous bowl.

Realizing that life is good, and I couldn't care less that he retired.

This is kind of awesome.

The best part is that in a few years, that will be Richie handing you that bowl through the drive-through window.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As much as question him as a person, I do hope his health is alright.  I hardly think all of these problems are just because of football.  This guy loves to get after it off the field.

Not because of football...because of having to carry all that extra weight.  

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is kind of awesome.

The best part is that in a few years, that will be Richie handing you that bowl through the drive-through window.

I'm good with that.

Maybe he can curse me out and question my manhood?

Maybe I'll wait until he hands me the food, say "you know what? I changed my mind, I don't want it" and drive away without paying. You know. Like he did to the Bills.

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

I'm good with that.

Maybe he can curse me out and question my manhood?

Maybe I'll wait until he hands me the food, say "you know what? I changed my mind, I don't want it" and drive away without paying. You know. Like he did to the Bills.

LOL

Just don't roll through with a Ferrari.....

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, matter2003 said:

Not because of football...because of having to carry all that extra weight.  

Definitely part of it and it’s why linemen lose a ton of weight after they retire.  But he is/ was a huge party guy and given some of his mood swings, it won’t be shocking at all to think he did some other things.

but I really do hope it’s nothing serious.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This hurts.

Staying put at 12 just became a bigger possibility.

I still hope we trade up, though.

I still think a trade up is coming, however I think it is less likely we trade up to 2 and more likely we wait and see what QB falls and snag them at 6-9 range. But we have to trade up and get a QB no matter how many holes we have.

Edited by LedyardCTbillsfan

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don't think option D should be included, why would anyone think that an option. In terms of the other 3, i don't see that as Russian Roulette, I see it as the business in the NFL. Thought the Bills were smart to get a pay cut from Richie, he seemed happy about it, till he wasnt. Its bizarre

That’s the risk that you run though. No one is “happy” about a pay cut though. “Reluctantly accepted” is what happened. The Bills (and every team) realize that whenever a guy is asked to take a pay cut he isn’t going to be happy. You know that going in and you have to be able okay with whatever comes of it. The Bills clearly didn’t want Incognito to retire.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No it’s just business. Richie is 35 with one year left on his deal. If they think they can replace him for cheaper they will. They think they can, given his age, regardless of what he’s done in the past. They were willing to keep him for less. They were going to draft a guy anyway. That guy could end up starting on either side. Groy may still start at C. Bodine is there in case he moves to G. Ducasse is the RG but Miller will compete. I think Connor McDermott will be the RT. Fans hate when teams replace with younger/cheaper but it’s the way it goes. He wasn’t part of the future, they are rebuilding the line. I do not think this changes their plans. 

If cheap is what they wanted, cheap is what they got.

The entire remaining Offensive Line (11 players signed) make less money than Nate Solder.

Bill's have enough FA money to sign one of the remaining guards in FA and they should look into it now.

Need at least 2 in the Draft.

The OL as it sits now has the potential to be the worse in the league.

Juan Castillo is going to earn his money this year!

On the retire vs. take a pay cut topic, it's a little bit of a fallacy to try to compare Richie's situation to that of a "normal" worker.

For example, if I made $5 million last year and my job said "you can take 2.5 million or leave" I COULD just call it quits and never need to worry about money OR just come back for 1 more year and bank the 2.5 extra as a cushion. It would be totally about choice either way.

If I make $40,000 and my job says "take 20K or leave" I might be stuck, at least temporarily, because I probably don't have several lifetimes worth of $$ stashed away in a bank so I couldn't just walk.

• Like (+1) 1

If it is health related like he says and his kidneys/liver are shutting down it makes me think of prescription pain pills. Guys in the NFL have eaten those things like candy for years and the side effects are well documented. 

• Like (+1) 1