Pats not interested in QB only lookng to QB Block the Bills

ddaryl

There is no chance the Pats block us from a QB. Yes they have 2 1st's and 2nd's but they are nowhere near as good aw our picks, and quite frankly any future picks involved have MUCH more value from us.

If Beane wants a guy (or a pick), he has the ammo to beat any Pats offers.

Would not surprise me if they want to create a bidding war -or the illusion of one- to cost us more capital.

If NE trades up for a QB, it will be after we already picked one.

7 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

There is no chance the Pats block us from a QB. Yes they have 2 1st's and 2nd's but they are nowhere near as good aw our picks, and quite frankly any future picks involved have MUCH more value from us.

Would not surprise me if they want to create a bidding war -or the illusion of one- to cost us more capital.

yeah I just shared the article because I thought it was interesting, but I agree with you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

We've got one thread saying it would take all of this years picks and some of next years to move up.

And you've got this thread saying that the Patriots are in position to somehow "block us" from getting a QB despite having considerably less draft capital.

To top it all off, trading all of their picks to "block" the bills and not even wanting a QB themselves TOTALLY sounds like something Bill Belichick would do. :rolleyes:

Get a grip guys, and don't click on the damn link practically making fun of our insecurity.

• Like (+1) 1

If the Pats jump this Bills, it’s because Beane allowed it.  That much I’m confident in.  I think “no leaks” at OBD (which is a stark contrast to the Nix/Whaley days), is starting to make everyone grasp at straws.   

Edited by DFT

Calm down: Bills don't have to worry about Patriots leaping them in 2018 NFL Draft

usatsi_10598523.jpg?w=768&h=461&crop=1

Bills Wire

You can pinch yourself all you want, but this isn’t a nightmare.

On Tuesday evening, the New England Patriots traded wide receiver Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for the 23rd overall pick in the draft. New England also picked up a sixth-round pick in the trade.

While it should be in the back of their mind, the thought shouldn’t keep them up at night.

Like the Patriots, Buffalo owns two picks in the first round. Both of their picks, however, are higher than New England’s.

The Bills own picks no. 12 and 22 in the 2018 draft. The Patriots own the 23rd and 31st overall selections.

New England may not be interested in selecting a quarterback in the first round of the 2018 draft.

However, even if they are, their draft capital is not as attractive as that of the Bills. If they do eventually decide to move further up the draft board, they’re going to have a tough time jumping in front of Buffalo.

billswirelogo-2.png

34 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Yes, but what if that's what Belichick wants us to do???? :w00t:

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DFT said:

If the Pats jump this Bills, it’s because Beane allowed it.  That much I’m confident in.  I think “no leaks” at OBD (which is a stark contrast to the Nix/Whaley days), is starting to make everyone grasp at straws.   

Seems weird to me too... But yet here we are

There some great information in that article that got me thinking this is much more real then I would of believed

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just kept thinking of this clip when the Pats made that trade. The smoke is the trade, George is the Bills and the front door is the top of the draft:

Good thing we have Beane to put this small unthreatening trade out with his big shoe.

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23019613/2018-nfl-draft-New England_QB_Block_Buffalo-bills

I swear its like shooting fish in a barrel. How the hell can you beat such maliciousness

Well sure...when you dress it up that way, it's an ugly, disturbing picture.  But is it really any worse than anything else he's done over the past 20 years?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This type of nefarious behavior is Pandemic in the Cheaters organization 

Edited by stevewin

Let them jump! While there are a plethora of QB choices there's no "guaranteed"  franchise choice.  Someone from round 2 or 3 may actually become a better choice in the long run.  The Pats did what they always do, and that is dump a player approaching a big contract renewal for assets.

If this happens, it will be MUCH worse for the Pats***.  They have several holes to fill.  Trading up for a QB will cause Gronk to retire and perhaps get a lackadaisical Brady.  Think he wants an OL rather than the "new" QB.  

If they do this, I hope an implosion follows.  

If I'm the Pats, I'm going OL, and perhaps QB with the second 1st rounder.  Not trading any picks.  

it amazes me how many people post without actually reading the article.

If you read it the information is quite clear and precise. It may change your view on things

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

it amazes me how many people post without actually reading the article.

If you read it the information is quite clear and precise. It may change your view on things

To be fair I didn't click because I didn't want to give this kind of a story any traffic. But I get it now. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes, but what if that's what Belichick wants us to do???? :w00t:

If BB is reading this forum as a gauge on the Bills paranoia......

Edited by RFL

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

We've got one thread saying it would take all of this years picks and some of next years to move up.

And you've got this thread saying that the Patriots are in position to somehow "block us" from getting a QB despite having considerably less draft capital.

To top it all off, trading all of their picks to "block" the bills and not even wanting a QB themselves TOTALLY sounds like something Bill Belichick would do. :rolleyes:

Get a grip guys, and don't click on the damn link practically making fun of our insecurity.

This just made me want to click on it more?

1 minute ago, HamSandwhich said:

...and just like Peter Pan, BB is going to swoop into the window and dash our dreams of a top flight QB. 

I agree it sucks that is what we are dealing with when we thought we had the clear shot