Well that Seals it Josh Allen # 1 over all

1 minute ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Ok let’s do this l, I will bet anyone $10.00 and pay through paypal a friend. That this guy goes in the top 10.  Step up and take the bet. This will be easy money. ok post that you want to do it 

For every spot past 10 add a dollar and Im in.

8 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

I live out of town I will buy you a large pizza and 20 wings if Allan goes in the top 10. Believe me its not happening. 

Signature bet? Loser has to change their signature on this board to anything the winner wants til the next draft.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Name one QB that has failed because he can't play in cold weather. Peterman has a notoriously weak arm and he looked his best in the snow game. This is a totally meaningless thing to scout.

Peterman had 5 completions in the snow game¡!!!!?????????ALSO...Dan Marino struggled here for example.

Edited by Misterbluesky

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If you had the choice between taking a guy that could start day one, and one who needed to sit a year to just get to the point of the 1st day starter, why would you ever draft the guy who needed to sit?

Well then if they take Allen....wouldnt that mean they think by year 3 Allen will be miles ahead of your day 1 QB.

Just now, dbflaBill said:

hahaha! honestly I'm not worried about it, because its not happening. He will drop for sure out of top 10. Good chance down to the second.  

Here's the thing.  I'm not saying he's a great prospect to be taking in the top 5.  I just think the desperation for QB's by

Cleveland

NYJ

Buff

Arizona

Miami

Possibly Denver

Possibly NYG

LA Chargers - life after Rivers

Steelers - Life after Ben

Saints - Life after Brees

You have teams trying to set up for the future and some teams just needing a QB really bad.  They are going to overdraft.  If you have not seen this pattern in the draft when it comes to QBs I have no idea what to say.  QB by far is the most overdrafted position where guys go well beyond what their tape indicates because GMs believe that its the most pivotal position in the game so they will be willing to overreach.

With that many teams looking at the QB position there is no way he doesn't get taken in the 1st round.  But the supply vs the demand at the top almost solidifies him as a top 10 pick.

21 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

LMAO @ the thought of a pro day impacting a players draft stock. 

You are right that normally the pro day has little impact on how a player is perceived. However, it did with Bridgewater who looked awful in his workout. It resulted in him dropping down the draft board. 

Edited by JohnC

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Here's the thing.  I'm not saying he's a great prospect to be taking in the top 5.  I just think the desperation for QB's by

Cleveland

NYJ

Buff

Arizona

Miami

Possibly Denver

Possibly NYG

LA Chargers - life after Rivers

Steelers - Life after Ben

Saints - Life after Brees

You have teams trying to set up for the future and some teams just needing a QB really bad.  They are going to overdraft.  If you have not seen this pattern in the draft when it comes to QBs I have no idea what to say.  QB by far is the most overdrafted position where guys go well beyond what their tape indicates because GMs believe that its the most pivotal position in the game so they will be willing to overreach.

With that many teams looking at the QB position there is no way he doesn't get taken in the 1st round.  But the supply vs the demand at the top almost solidifies him as a top 10 pick.

I understand what you're saying. But hes not a top 4-5 QB. Obviously this is largely opinion based, but from what I am being told, and what i've seen hes just not there. Too much work to be done to draft him that early. All he has is arm and size, he hasnt shown much of anything else

1 minute ago, dbflaBill said:

I understand what you're saying. But hes not a top 4-5 QB. Obviously this is largely opinion based, but from what I am being told, and what i've seen hes just not there. Too much work to be done to draft him that early. All he has is arm and size, he hasnt shown much of anything else

And I agree with you but we should be used to seeing guys like him going well beyond what their tape shows by now.  

38 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

LOL! you're trolling right. He won't go in the first round. 

Are you serious? He will early in the first round and we would be lucky if he was there at 12. That arm would make a difference in Buffalo weather. He can improve footwork and accuracy.

9 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

Good wings here go for about $1.75-$2 a wing... But Good and Wings dont normally go in the same sentence around here. 

Yikes...I would never pay that..ever! Time to get a deep fryer,bag of wings,Frank's and a stick of butter...since 40 bucks for a double order is straight up highway robbery

what the hell is everyone seeing that I'm not?  I'm serious?  I just don't see it with this guy.  Man, his pro day is being hyped in the media but what I saw was bad placement, overthrows underthrows, all with his buddies in shorts, IN A COVERED setting..

Jesus, I hope someone does take him early, that'll only help the Bills.

Tim-

55 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

LOL! you're trolling right. He won't go in the first round. 

He will certainly go in Round 1 with all of the teams that have QB needs and will not drop past Arizona @ 15  IF he somehow drops that far. 

51 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

I live out of town I will buy you a large pizza and 20 wings if Allan goes in the top 10. Believe me its not happening. 

:o 20 wings?! -That's not even a SNACK for me.. S/be a minimum 50-wing bet...

1 hour ago, dbflaBill said:

I live out of town and that is always my bet when I go to Buffalo. I haven't lost a bet yet though. I think you might lose that one.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He does have a Jim Kelly type feel about him. If you clone the Eagles offense and got this guy good big WR's and a good TE I could see him succeeding here. All 4 top QB's are increasing their value as it gets closer to the draft. I could see 4 QB's being selected in the top 5 picks.

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is probably this biggest boom or bust prospect in NFL draft history for the QB position. I hope he finds a way to become great if he is the guy. He definitely has the best arm talent of any QB I have ever seen. 

Love the BillsMafia comment!

Edited by billspro
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If it was your personal career and livelihood on the line there isn't a single person on this board who'd pick him #1-#5.  

He's this year's Christian Hackenberg.  If arm strength was all that mattered, Hackenberg would have been a Day #1 starter for the Jets.  

• Like (+1) 1