Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

Report: Bills unlikely to trade up to No. 2
Buffalo has plenty of ammunition to make a move, with two first-round choices, two second-round choices and two third-round choices.

The Jets’ trade up to the third spot has added intrigue to the No. 2 choice and what the Giants might do, and Beane and Gettleman worked together in Carolina.

But the Bills General Manager recently denied a report that the Giants and Bills have the framework in place for a trade.

“I don’t get into that, but that’s not true,” Beane told One Bills Live, via Ryan Talbot of Yahoo. “I’m going to leave it at that.”

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm obviously no expert, but I have you guys going tackle at 23, te at 31, and taking lauletta with pick 95

I dont see any way Lauletta makes it to 95. I think he'll go mid 2nd, maybe early 2nd.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Refutes Rumor of Bills & NYG Having a Trade Blue Print in Place
4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Firing this up again!

Sounds like Allen or Rosen.  Darnold and Mayfiled will be off the board by 4, and they wouldn't have to move up for Jackson or Rudolph, so that leaves Allen and Rosen as their guy. 

If it is between those 2, it had better be Rosen.

Does every just assume Mayfield is the Jet's guy at 3?   Any other report that's come out pre-draft has been dismissed as a smoke screen but somehow the Mayfield to the Jets rumor is the one we all accept?

I suppose it could very well be true, but I think the Bills move up to #4 and have the choice between Darnold and Mayfield.   I think Allen goes #1, and Rosen goes #3. 

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Does every just assume Mayfield is the Jet's guy at 3?   Any other report that's come out pre-draft has been dismissed as a smoke screen but somehow the Mayfield to the Jets rumor is the one we all accept?

I suppose it could very well be true, but I think the Bills move up to #4 and have the choice between Darnold and Mayfield.   I think Allen goes #1, and Rosen goes #3. 

I think the Jets want Allen or Mayfield 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I hope so. 

Problem is, what if the Jests were to go off script and pick Rosen in that scenario.  Would Mayfield be "good enough" for Beane, or change his whole draft strategy??   

Need big balls to play this game...

Just now, Lurker said:

Problem is, what if the Jests were to go off script and pick Rosen in that scenario.  Would Mayfield be "good enough" for Beane, or change his whole draft strategy??   

Need big balls to play this game...

Doesn't matter what they do if Beane gets to the #2 pick.  Can't wait!

• Like (+1) 1

I'm fully prepared for us to get hosed in a trade with the Giants. That said, I'm totally okay with it given out draft capital and need for a franchise QB. Move up to #2 and get the guy you want. As long as that guy isn't Allen of course. Anyone of Darnold, Mayfield or Rosen will work and moving up to #2 is the only way you guarantee you get one of them. Beane is doing his best to try to bring down the price that the Giants will ask from us by saying we could easily pursue other trades to #4 or #6 and still get our guy. But ultimately, once the Giants are on the clock, if they are truly looking to move out and acquire a lot of draft capital, then I think that is what will happen., 

On 4/23/2018 at 12:03 PM, Bills4life1924 said:

I'm sure there is truth to that, they have scouts watching these guys for years in college. It's the visits and meetings that could tinker the board a little bit. 

Many of these guys were known even in high school.

• Like (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2
1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I think Allen is the one that falls out of the top 10. Rosen could "fall"to 5-8, but why risk hoping he is available in that rage and that you can pull off a trade over other teams which could even include San Diego or New England and of course Arizona and Miami. Just overpay and move up to #2.

Agree 100% with this. You get Rosen and don't look back. I think Allen has been used by all these teams.

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

26 MORE HOURS!

The guy really is insane. No team at #1 overall does a trade to break even, especially moving down from 1 to 2 and 4 to 12 for 22 and 65.

Edited by cle23

5 minutes ago, cle23 said:

The guy really is insane. No team at #1 overall does a trade to break even, especially moving down from 1 to 2 and 4 to 12 for 22 and 65.

Doesnt seem so unreasonable to me. Cleveland has so many picks they dont need to break even.

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I want Rosen, But I can't give up that much.   Too much like Ditka trading his whole draft...

Yet not even close to that. It cost the Rams and the Eagles 6 picks each to move up to #1 and #2 in 2016. These are only our picks in the first 3 rounds this year, and this wont cost us any future picks. And it's not just for Rosen, it's for the entire pick of the litter.