Interesting Tyrod Stat from Mike Rodak

to the first  -  it means little when you compare the Total TD's thrown.  34 to 14 

I broke this down in one of the Lets Keep Tyrod threads 

#25  Tyrod Taylor.   yeah out of 32 teams 

to the latter 

I've commented on his 4th QRT stats as being bad for a long while 

the truth does hurt   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

This isn't a positive Taylor thread. You can calm down. 

I was not supporting TT in any way.        Maybe you should calm down.  

I added more to support my stance (as if it needed it) 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Sad 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I just watched her inhale a slice of pizza on GMFB

pic's or you're fibbing   ;)   (crap I missed it) 

1 minute ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

So, when he has to be a QB and lead the team he fails worse then every other QB not named Ryan Fitzpatrick.

So, make him play QB with the game on the line.

the dichotomy  of Tyrod Taylor.   

• Haha (+1) 1

The Jax game really said it all for me.    

I know Benjamin was an idiot for pushing off and backing us up on 1st n goal at the 1, and Clay dropped an easy throw etc.   But we know Jax pass defense was overrated (niners and Steelers shredded them for over 40 points late season) and we could only muster 3 points.   

Throw all the stats in the world at me, I don't care,  three points and 134 yards passing is ridiculous.  It wasn't like we had no run game or were playing from behind.   You can't excuse that.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Pbomb said:

Some more good numbers for tyrod

THESE are the stats I found most telling. They're Tyrod in a nutshell: Good enough to start, good enough to keep you in a game as long as your defense and running game are humming. Will make some spectacular plays with his legs and his arm....BUT....when it's crunch time, and the game hangs in the balance he's well below average. For that very reason, it is time for the Bills to turn the page once and for all. 

I wish I could just send a screenshot of these stats to every clueless national media pundit who thinks Tyrod gets a raw deal or that Bills fans are crazy for wanting to move on from him.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

[

But yet there are fans happy about giving him 6mill of our cap space in the hope we can get a 5th or 6th rd pick? A. Who will trade for Tyrod?  B. Is a late pick worth 6 mill in cap?  C. Why not just move on as we should?

These stats are flat out pathetic.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

But yet there are fans happy about giving him 6mill of our cap space in the hope we can get a 5th pr 6th rd pick? A. Who will trade for Tyrod?  B. Is a late pick worth 6 mill in cap?  C. Why not just move on as we should?

These stats are flat out pathetic.

A - Probably teams who have been really bad for a while now, or someone who has a young QB and no viable backup.  The team's he's played on have won more games than they have lost, and they didn't exactly have all-pro receivers and linemen.  

B - If we don't plan to use the cap space, maybe?  It also functions as a protection should we not be able to sign anyone pre-draft.

c - Going into the draft with nate peterman at QB will make it patently obvious what we plan to do with the 21/22 picks.  

10 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

not only did a team say "make him play QB," it was the team he was on for a number of years as a backup.

Nice guy, maybe the perfect backup but he'll never accept that role (and corresponding salary) now.

He'd be overpaid as a backup... but after watching the following people play football, i don't even think its always a bad decision to pay a fair amount for a backup

Savage

Simien

Hundley

Beathard

Fitz

Osweiler

Gabbert

Stanton

Moore

Petty

Yates

Hogan

Kizer

Lynch

Manuel

Fales

Glennon

Brisset

Cassel

I mean - Arizona and denver don't even have QBs.  We saw what happened when Watson went down.  I'm sure Ravens fans would love to trot ryan mallet out again.  Or for the packers/colts to have to lose a whole season because they can't win a game under Hundley/brisset.  Especially after watching minnesota and philly ride their backups to the playoffs.  

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

not only did a team say "make him play QB," it was the team he was on for a number of years as a backup.

Nice guy, maybe the perfect backup but he'll never accept that role (and corresponding salary) now.

He will in a year or so, but only with another team... Obviously Peterman was horrible, but imagine the conversation if he had played decent-great? Instead of Tyrod being mentioned as a marginal starter, he would be seen as a decent backup.

The Jaguars game was one of the worst QB performances I've seen in a long time.  The Saints game was up there too.  The Panthers game was right there.  There's just too many games where Tyrod totally fails.  It's very obvious to anybody with 2 objective eyeballs, that he is nothing more than a slightly below avg. bridge QB.

Man I just started thinking about that Panthers game.....boy was that painful.

43 minutes ago, Estro said:

The Jaguars game was one of the worst QB performances I've seen in a long time.  The Saints game was up there too.  The Panthers game was right there.  There's just too many games where Tyrod totally fails.  It's very obvious to anybody with 2 objective eyeballs, that he is nothing more than a slightly below avg. bridge QB.

Man I just started thinking about that Panthers game.....boy was that painful.

I mean... the worst QB performance I've EVER seen at ANY level... was against the Chargers.

29 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

And people are still OK with one more year since you cant find anything better in FA, according to them......I would rather see what Peterman can do than sit through another year of TT......

I'm sure there's someone else... right?  I'd rather have Gabbert than peterman starting.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Curious to know the numerator and denominator on that 7.0% stat...

I think I've got it reverse engineered at this point. When the Bills are trailing by 8 or fewer points in the 4th Quarter, Tyrod is:

38/71 for 455 yards, 3 TDs and 5 INTs. He's taken 7 sacks, and he's converted 19 1st downs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I mean... the worst QB performance I've EVER seen at ANY level... was against the Chargers.

I'm sure there's someone else... right?  I'd rather have Gabbert than peterman starting.

Peterman is still unknown, played much better in the snow, Gabbert has run his course.....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pbomb said:

Some more good numbers for tyrod

Boggles my mind that people still support and want this guy as QB or say it can get worse. 

Some of the armchair QBs that support TT here really need to second guess their football acumen because it stinks. 

And the new update:

Mike RodakVerified account @mikerodak
FollowingFollowing @mikerodak
More

Mike Rodak Retweeted Mike Rodak

Since 2015, the Bills have scored (FG or TD) on 28% of fourth-quarter drives when trailing by eight or fewer points. That ranks 30th. Meanwhile, 40% of such drives have ended 3-and-out, second-worst in NFL.

• Like (+1) 1