Reich HC...Now I EXPECT a Favorable Deal for the 3rd Pick

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Head Coaches aren’t mute zombies in the war room.

look at McDeremott 

Frank: I used to play for the Bills so how about we deal them the 3rd pick?

Ballard: You're Fired!  Get McDaniels on the phone!

Stupid thread!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Relationships matter in deals.  Always have...always will.

please refrain from quoting me in the future unless you bring the goods.

How about you bring the goods when you start a thread?  Your premise is nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How about you bring the goods when you start a thread?  Your premise is nonsense. 

You did it again and quoted me.

you just have to follow the league and understand the relationships.

unless...you think the Bills just coincidently traded for K. Benjamin.  Hehe you did didn’t you.  Oh boy.

tell you what...less quoting me.  More following the league.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Seems Beane / McDermott / Bills could have trade partners with:

1.  Giants.... GM relationship.

2.  Texans.... GM relationship.

3.  Panthers... team relationship.  Possible new GM Lake Dawson too.

4.  Colts.... team relationship.

5.  Eagles.... previous trade partner.

6.  Browns... previous trade partner.

7.  Chiefs... Andy Reid.  Previous trade partner.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

Seems Beane / McDermott / Bills could have trade partners with:

1.  Giants.... GM relationship.

2.  Texans.... GM relationship.

3.  Panthers... team relationship.  Possible new GM Lake Dawson too.

4.  Colts.... team relationship.

5.  Eagles.... previous trade partner.

6.  Browns... previous trade partner.

7.  Chiefs... Andy Reid.  Previous trade partner.

Thats the real overall point.  I’m obviously being a little facetious with demanding Reich be overly favorable.

but...it couldn’t hurt to have relationships with potential trade partners.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

unless...you think the Bills just coincidently traded for K. Benjamin.  Hehe you did didn’t you.  Oh boy.

Reich isn't making the picks for the Colts and certainly does not have the same power as McDermott does with the Bills. I follow the league very well and this doesn't add up at all.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You expect? :lol: There is absolutely no correlation with Chris Ballard making the call for the Colts as the GM. 

...nor is McBeane surrendering draft capital to move up period.......he had a lengthy meeting with Alex Smith's agen, Tom Condon who probably revealed the rough parameters of what they were looking for.....probably scared McBeane off BUT should be a good indicator as far as his mindset about conservatively playing draft capital and FA dollars....he's looking for value and body count to fill multiple holes versus major investments of either in ONE player....just a hunch...................

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...nor is McBeane surrendering draft capital to move up period.......he had a lengthy meeting with Alex Smith's agen, Tom Condon who probably revealed the rough parameters of what they were looking for.....probably scared McBeane off BUT should be a good indicator as far as his mindset about conservatively playing draft capital and FA dollars....he's looking for value and body count to fill multiple holes versus major investments of either in ONE player....just a hunch...................

We'll see.  I can see the Colts making a deal to acquire more picks if it makes football sense for them, but it won't have anything to do with Reich being a former Bill. 

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Multiple Holes.

with QB being one of those holes?

I do agree relationships matter. However, let's just play along with the idea. Would he use any ounce of influence to give a discount to the team that didn't give him a shot to he a HC? Add on the fact that he isn't looking to give favors to a potential conference rival. Again, I get the premise but I'm not seeing it here.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Head Coaches aren’t mute zombies in the war room.

look at McDeremott 

McDermott is an unusual case...he was pretty much the de-facto GM during this past draft, as it was no secret that Whaley wouldn't be around long enough to even meet most of the draft picks when they came to Buffalo to singn on.  And, McDermott pretty much chose his own GM.  It isn't like that with most franchises...I don't think it will be in Indianapolis either.  The Bils "greatest comeback" probably means very little to Chris Ballard or Jim Irsay.  Reich isn't even their first pick to be HC.  The Colts may have their answer at QB, but I would say that they have as many holes, if not more, than the Bills.  I dont think there will be a desire to get fleeced, because of fuzzy, warm feelings of the new head coach and an unrelated franchise.  If there were some player or players in Buffalo that Reich had some relationship, you would be more likely to have some opening...Reich hasn't been involved with the Bills franchise in nearly 25 years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buftex said:

McDermott is an unusual case...he was pretty much the de-facto GM during this past draft, as it was no secret that Whaley wouldn't be around long enough to even meet most of the draft picks when they came to Buffalo to singn on.  And, McDermott pretty much chose his own GM.  It isn't like that with most franchises...I don't think it will be in Indianapolis either.  The Bils "greatest comeback" probably means very little to Chris Ballard or Jim Irsay.  Reich isn't even their first pick to be HC.  The Colts may have their answer at QB, but I would say that they have as many holes, if not more, than the Bills.  I dont think there will be a desire to get fleeced, because of fuzzy, warm feelings of the new head coach and an unrelated franchise.  If there were some player or players in Buffalo that Reich had some relationship, you would be more likely to have some opening...Reich hasn't been involved with the Bills franchise in nearly 25 years.

/thread 

I know everyone’s just screwing around but why do people suppose Reich owes the Bills anything? He’s been out of WNY for many years. I’m sure he remembers his years with the Bills rather fondly butbtge dudes got his own life and career going on. Everything doesn’t revolve around the Buffalo Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

You obviously got your diploma from the SaviorPeterman School of Logic and Understanding. Aces.

• Like (+1) 1

I would not expect any special considerations for the Bills when making a trade.  When the Colts hired Frank, they would understand that he was to give his best effort for the team that is paying him.  He's also not the general manager.  I can just imagine what the GM would say if Reich approached him and said, "Let's give the Bills a sweetheart deal for that third overall pick we own.  They're good folks and I once played for them."  How do you think he'll respond to that?  I don't think he'll be very  agreeable.

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Frank owes us either the 3rd pick or Luck. I'll take either one 

We loved him! Why not both? 

Sure, get a new job and immediately undermine your new employer by squandering their assets for a team you played for more than a quarter century ago. What a concept! 

3 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Don’t forget where you came from...Frank.  Where you got your start and where you learned how to win.

when the phone rings from Mr. Beane just maybe give us a decent deal and not hold us over the barrel.

I suppose you could just as easily say he'd like the Bills organization to cut *him* a deal as the backup QB who engineered the greatest comeback in NFL history getting them to another Super Bowl.

3 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Don’t forget where you came from...Frank.  Where you got your start and where you learned how to win.

when the phone rings from Mr. Beane just maybe give us a decent deal and not hold us over the barrel.

Should he give good trade deals to the Ravens too?  He is from Maryland after all.  

You should be getting it soon.  No one agrees with you.  

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

No reason to be so rude. The guy is expressing an opinion. Why so serious??

Didn't you call Mods names not too long ago for deleting a thread you created?  Why so serious then? 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

No reason to be so rude. The guy is expressing an opinion. Why so serious??

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Didn't you call Mods names not too long ago for deleting a thread you created?  Why so serious then? 

It’s funny how he deflects. 

This is site is filled with people just trying to bring others down. 

Let’s be happy and positive. 

Just be cool 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Reich is not the GM. Irsay runs that circus. Expect more of the same douchebaggery.