TRADE TYROD/ GET BRADFORD/ DRAFT FUTURE

DKBills25

Die hard fan,

just made this account 

But I think this would be the best move for us 

I think cousins will demand too much money and even thou he can throw well I don’t think he would get us in the right direction 

we need to draft our future (mayfield,Jackson) and sigh Bradford to help mold the rook.

basically what the chiefs did. 

Bradford IMO we can get cheap and will give us the best chance to win 

I would also love to see us maybe trade for a young starter (most likely not gonna happen) but maybe Luck,Dalton or Winston

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, jtrip said:

Tyler Steege @TSteegeNFL

Alex Smith: 33

,000 yard seasons

Kirk Cousins: 3

Alex Smith: 1

Total TD passes last 3 seasons:

Kirk Cousins: 81

Alex Smith: 61

The #Redskins just traded FOR an older QB who isn’t even as good as their current QB.

I don't think the Redskins have a current QB. They are not paying him 35mil and the transition tag is out of the question. I don't think the Redskins think Cousins is worth what other teams are willing to pay, I doubt they transition him for that reason.

2 hours ago, DKBills25 said:

Die hard fan,

just made this account 

I think cousins will demand too much money and even thou he can throw well I don’t think he would get us in the right direction 

we need to draft our future (mayfield,Jackson) and sigh Bradford to help mold the rook.

I would also love to see us maybe trade for a young starter (most likely not gonna happen) but maybe Luck,Dalton or Winston

This could just be me.  But I don't want to read the words "get cheap" and the name of a proposed Bills QB in the same sentence ever again.

What does "too much money" mean?  Too much for a QB who, with some pieces around him, should have us contending for playoffs every year? 

Answer this: What makes it "too much"?

1 hour ago, jtrip said:

Tyler Steege @TSteegeNFL

,000 yard seasons

The #Redskins just traded FOR an older QB who isn’t even as good as their current QB.

But they saved money on a shorter contract!  That must mean they're smart!

We'll see how it goes.  Judging from the per-year figure offered to Smith relative to what they were paying Cousins, the Skins have a cap figure they are willing to allocate to QB.  It's a higher figure than the Bills had in the spring of 2013 when looking at veteran QB, but having that figure in mind and looking for a guy they could pay and stay under it, didn't work out well for the Bills.

6 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Bradford sux worse than Tyrod.

He doesn't, actually, when you look at the last several years he's actually played.

The problem with Bradford is those last two words "actually played". 

As I said elsewhere, when you have a guy who has missed 2 of the last 4 seasons, 2 1/2 of the last 5, with the same injury, most humans would conclude there's a very high probability he'll miss seasons and major sections of seasons going forward.

Don't give a spot to a vet as a bridge unless you have high confidence that he'll be that one thing necessary thing: available

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But they saved money on a shorter contract!  That must mean they're smart!

We'll see how it goes.  Judging from the per-year figure offered to Smith relative to what they were paying Cousins, the Skins have a cap figure they are willing to allocate to QB.

He doesn't, actually, when you look at the last several years he's actually played.

The problem with Bradford is those last two words "actually played". 

As I said elsewhere, when you have a guy who has missed 2 of the last 4 seasons, 2 1/2 of the last 5, with the same injury, most humans would conclude there's a very high probability he'll miss seasons and major sections of seasons going forward.

Don't give a spot to a vet as a bridge unless you have high confidence that he'll be that one thing: available

He sux. He played in a great system on a loaded team so he looked better but he sux and he would suck in Buffalo.

I would love Bradford.  He does have some issues staying on the field, but that's why we draft for our future QB hopefully in the near future, even if it does end up being Peterman.  

I think Bradford is a great pure pocket passer.  He makes a lot, if not all of the throws that Tyrod either doesn't make or refuses to try.  He has a great touch pass and great anticipation.  He throws receivers open.  The only thing is we obviously don't have the receiving corps that the Vikings have, obviously.  It almost angers me matching these Vikings highlights.  Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph, Patterson when he was there.  They all find the soft spots in coverage, make contested catches, catch with their hands, and come back to the football on comeback routes.  Something our receivers basically never do, which was the reason for Peterman's interception in the playoff game.  I think Bradford would be a wise investment on a 3-5 year contract.

I don't get the love for Bradford. Guy is always injured!. Same ppl screaming to trade Sammy due to injuries are wanting to sign glass doll Bradford. Bradford will play no more than 4 games next year wherever he plays. Hopefully not here. Honestly rather have tyrod and that aint saying much. At least we can count on 14-15 games a year

Edited by Wsam4031

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I hope everyone realizes that with Alex Smith off the board there is a REAL possibility that we keep TT and draft a QB high.

Very real.....yes, John.  As frustrating as that is to most of us.  Very real.

8 hours ago, DKBills25 said:

Die hard fan,

just made this account 

Two words for ya DK:

1) knee

2) Kolb

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

If Sam Bradford comes with bubble wrap then sure.

If Gronk can play with his Bionic Club ...er, Brace....could Bradford play in a Zorb

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Two words for ya DK:

1) knee

2) Kolb

If Gronk can play with his Bionic Club ...er, Brace....could Bradford play in a Zorb

I know  that would be the only thing to worry about are his injuries but he would be the best passer ? But is it worth ?

3 hours ago, DKBills25 said:

I know  that would be the only thing to worry about are his injuries but he would be the best passer ? But is it worth ?

I'm probably biased DK from living in StL.  I am not and have never been a Rams fan (even during the Greatest Show on Turf), I have lots of friends who are and of course they were televised a lot.  So I would say "absolutely not".  

Pro: he is a better QB now than he was in St Louis  Con: how much of that was Shurmer and will he turn back to a pumpkin without him?

Pro: he knows at least something about an Erhardt-Perkins O from Rams/Josh McDaniel  Con: he was a total wet mess in that system in 2011.  Bills fans would foam at the mouth, chew the fingers off their gloves, and yearn for the days of Taylor.  No joke!  6 TD all season.  6 INTs

IMHO, Bradford has a giant QB blind spot where his awareness of the pocket ought to be, and he's not very mobile (I think he fell into K'zooMike's "bust" bin for his 0.4% rush yards in college) I think that's one reason he's gotten hurt so much.

If you have a rookie QB raw enough that you may need the option to let them sit, one of the most important things in a vet QB is that they be AVAILABLE.  You simply can not count on that with Bradford.  You need to sign Bradford, AND another vet, and your rookie, if you don't want to be caught out like the Bills were with Kolb/Manuel (Tuel/Lewis)

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

12 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

I hope everyone realizes that with Alex Smith off the board there is a REAL possibility that we keep TT and draft a QB high.

As much as I want an upgrade on Tyrod for next season, I would actually be totally fine with Tyrod coming back next year if the Bills somehow managed to draft a QB high (Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen). 

If by "draft a QB high" you mean whichever QB falls to us at 21/22, or moving up to the teens for someone like Allen or Rudolph, I can't say I'd be quite as enthusiastic about that, but I'm sure I'd still be excited. 

Id also like to say that as badly as I want a better QB for next season, I'm not one of those people screaming "I want Tyrod gone no matter what! ANYONE would be better!". No, I only want Tyrod gone if it's for a legitimate improvement, and I know that as much as he struggled we still could do worse (and we have). 

And I also know that the Bills may not be able to solve their long term QB problem this season. 

• 2 weeks later...

8 reasons Sam Bradford will be the Bills' starting QB in 2018

By Ryan Talbot | Contributing writer

There is no doubt that the Buffalo Bills are doing their homework on quarterbacks that will be available in the draft, via trade and in free agency. Buffalo's roster is good enough to win now as evidenced by their 9-7 season in 2017. To stay competitive this season, Buffalo may look for a veteran to start while grooming a rookie. Could that veteran be Sam Bradford? Here's a look at 8 reasons why Bradford will be the Bills' starter in 2018.

Most realistic option for Buffalo?
Worked briefly with Brian Daboll protege Josh McDaniels
Some experience in O Daboll will run
Ideal short-term bridge QB
Doesn't prevent Bills from selecting QB in draft
Accurate
Upgrade to Tyrod Taylor
Protects the ball

I would be perfectly happy if they signed Bradford and picked a QB at the top in a trade up - darnold, Rosen, Mayfield - or keep the other 1st and take Lamar Jackson. Bradford’s issues are all injury related imo and if he will take a short term bridge deal and you have a top pick waiting in the wings, see what you can get out of Sam and if/when he goes down, it’s your rookie’s time.  Bradford had good accuracy and talent l when healthy. I wouldn’t want to sign him as “the guy” long term but as a bridge he’s >>> Tyrod. And no need to give anything up to get him unlike Foles.

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 1/31/2018 at 6:54 AM, jtrip said:

Tyler Steege @TSteegeNFL

,000 yard seasons

He is cheaper and will be used as a bridge, I fully expect them to draft a QB early to develop behind him. Wash did what they had to, they will be good this year and for many to come by what they did. IMO

On 1/31/2018 at 6:54 AM, jtrip said:

Tyler Steege @TSteegeNFL

,000 yard seasons

Former GM Charley Casserly believes that they are equal passers but Smith is more mobile and can make throws outside the pocket.  Smith will also be much cheaper.  I think it was a nice move by Washington.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If a team trades any draft pick for Tyrod Taylor I will eat my shoe. He will need to be released, a team will then sign him for 5 or 6 mil per year.

I agree that NO way a team trades for that contract unless maybe the Bills pay the big bonus first and even that has a very slim chance of happening.

Edited by xRUSHx