Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

Honestly, there are probably some reaches in what the original poster says but let's be honest isn't it already common knowledge that the Bills NEED two DT's?  That should be common knowledge even if Kyle Williams returns.  It should also be common knowledge that the Bills need linebackers.  So I don't think those two are leaks.  Those should be common knowledge.  Now about the Peterman stuff and the Glenn stuff, I'll suspend judgment.  What I would say though is that it shouldn't take a lot to figure some of this stuff out.  Of course, if the Bills cannot get the QB they want, Peterman and a Vet is in the cards.  You're really not saying anything that shouldn't  be common sense. It just really depends on how they have the QB's in this draft graded.  At this point I think you do have to consider this:  Who does the staff see as an upgrade over Peterman?  If they cannot land who they consider an upgrade over Peterman, why waste a pick on someone you don't think is an upgrade?  Again, this stuff really isn't that difficult to figure out.

Not saying the original poster is right on anything but just saying a lot of what he says really isn't that difficult to figure out.  What is difficult to figure out are the variables that only the front office knows, that is, they are the only ones who know the grades that they've assigned and the value they place on players in this draft.  And at this point saying we won't draft a QB if we can't get Darnold could be smoke and mirrors to throw other teams off of someone that they MAY grade high.  Who knows?

Edited by NewEraBills

Except for going all-in on Peterman, I actually like this plan. Get a Smith or a Bradford as a stop-gap, if Peterman wins the job over either of them or has to start because Bradford broke his leg again, so be it. Draft a QB with one of our picks, but don't go crazy with a trade. 

Not that I believe any of this hogwash comes from a real source.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

No dunkirk don troll nonsense Teef, those that know me are familar with my past work in the Pac 10 (now Pac 12). And I'm still in regular contact with insiders out west which is why I know about Darnold and what teams covet him.

Also this is from the same source that broke the Brian Gaine story I posted here a while back (search the forum for proof).

Regardless, I'm confident in my sources and most or all of this information coming to fruition in the coming weeks and months.

I know you don't like me 26 - but just this morning on Joe Buscalia's podcast they speculated the only QB's that McD and Beane would target are Darnold and Rosen because they fit 'the process' and what they'd be looking for.

Either way I'm not saying this information is gospel. Just wanted wanted to stop by and share what I learned with fellow Bills fans, especially those who have been sending me PM's wonder where I've been lately. Been super busy but hopefully will post more soon.

Explain to us all how Rosen fits the bill or the process? He's young. Outspoken.

Explain please

5 minutes ago, scottdoomed said:

pseudo smoke screen at best

that said dont know if ill be back freakin cancer is back it seems

god bless ya god bless bills. i was hoping to see them go but i got to see them back in playoffs.

Sorry to hear that, man.  Best of luck of to you.

45 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Now I'm stuck with 50 acres of grass and swamp land in South Newstead thanks to Dunkirk Don, so I'm a little emotional about "sources"

....care to add the Brooklyn Bridge in Arizona to your real estate empire??............

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I like Peterman as a lottery ticket, but how does his performance in a handful of plays vs the Jaguars look more impressive? He fumbled the ball then threw a pick.

I was just about to ask the exact same question.  The statement by SaviorPeterman suggesting that NP's play in the Jaguar game was "showing a lot" is hilarious.  

I wasn't going to come in here and flame SaviorPeterman as I have gotten flamed years back when I got some info from friends in the NFL and shared it here.  Now I get info and I never ever post it here...boards loss, not mine.  So I get it...sometimes you have sources and rather than believe you do its easier to mock it.  

HOWEVER:  SaviorPetermans statements about why they have confidence in Peterman makes absolutely no sense.  And that for me highly discredits a lot of this.  When did anything he do proceed anything close to "showing a lot"?  What is it that they are so enamored with?  Is it...

1. His 50% preseason completion percentage against backups and guys no longer in the NFL?
  2. Was it his underwhelming practices and inconsistencies reported all camp and preseason?
  3. Was it his 5 interceptions in less than a half of play against a weak team coming off a 2 game losing streak?  (4 of which were awful throws)
  4. Was it how he panics like a dear in headlights as soon as pressure is on him and flings the ball up and high for an easy pick?
  5. Was it his NON interception against the Jags, that IMO was NOT a true INT as I felt the ball moved, BUT STILL was a TERRIBLE and WEAK throw that should have been EASILY picked off for a pick 6?
  6. Was it his fumble and INT in just a handful of snaps against the Jags?
  7. Or maybe its his 6 interceptions after barely playing just over a single games worth of time.  
  8. And if its not any of those, maybe its how he is a threat to throw a pick 6 every time he throws to sidelines without the zip to do so?

Funny thing is, I actually LIKE Peterman as a prospect, but by NO MEANS do I look at him and go its time to go all in on him.  He has a LOT of work to do to MAYBE be a decent backup, let alone a starter.  

So I have serious doubts about this information is this thread.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Beane didn't even draft Peterman but is in love with the kid and realizes they struck gold. As was Brian Gaine (who my source likely got this info from since he went to the Texans knowing all the Bills offseason plans).

Bottom line NP showed a lot in very tough circumstances including the non INT against a Jags team that went on to win in Pittsburgh and nearly upset the Patriots. Makes NP's performance that much more impressive in hindsight.

Dude - I have made it thru 2 pages so far - I am stopping now - but for the love of all things holy STOP harping the Gaine thing.  Makes you look like a child.  STOP!

Go BILLS!

5 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

But basically in a nutshell I was told that the Bills current QB plan is to move on from TT (obvious), and bring in another veteran to compete with NP for the starting job in 2018. However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

To me this make sense because I also believe Darnold is the best QB in this draft even though some teams don't have him #1 overall or the #1 QB on their draft boards. And as much as I love NP and believe he's a future franchise QB, I would certainly take Darnold in a heartbeat as scouting contacts of mine out west compare him to Phillip Rivers with more upside. And I've always loved Rivers and feel he's carried terrible Chargers teams through the years.

A few other tidbits shared:

- Bills are going to move on from Cordy Glenn and hope to get something in a trade, if not he'll be released (pretty much same applies to TT which isn't a shocker).

- Bills have ZERO interest in guys like Baker Mayfield. Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph which will certainly disappoint some fans here.

- Bills are looking to replace all 3 starters at LB via draft and FA (they do like Stud-lano but still not sure if he's a full time starter).

- Outside of the chance of landing Darnold, internally DT is the top priority for the Bills in FA and the draft as they are also looking for two new starters for McD and Frazier to achieve their vision of the defense they want to run. No word on if they are interested in bringing KW back on a Bills friendly deal but it's expected he's done in Buffalo.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

i for one...and maybe the only one, enjoy your posts. i have been a fan for 44 yrs. so i've seen a few qbs here....and a lot of them this team has ruined. however, i believe with a solid draft and some good fa moves, i think nate can give us a geoff like performance and at least a 10-6 season after a full camp and preseason.

do i think they want or should get a vet? i guess but i think peterman can match alex smith without the loss of assets. sam bradford?...ok but again, it's gonna cost and with his injury history?... josh mc cown for cheap...no unless he's a backup.

i'd be fine if they pulled a deal for foles or mc carron...or maybe even luck. i can't see them braking the bank for cousins.

we do need to draft a qb ,but who and where and how much? i would not be scared to roll with peterman and one or two rookies behind him. i think that's why the ken dorsey thing makes sense. like i said, maximize our picks, do good in fa and nate can get us to 10-6 or better. if this past season would have been his second, he would have beat out tyrod for the starting job.

if you stop to think about it, (remembering gruden's assessment of np last year prior to the draft), i wonder where he would rank among this current class. these are all my observations and gut feelings , so i don't care if i get flamed.

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, that’s why Daboll took the job. He was going to have a chance to go back to NE to work with Brady but the opportunity to coach Peterman was too much to turn down.

Can you thank, like and “haha” a post all at once?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I was just about to ask the exact same question.  The statement by SaviorPeterman suggesting that NP's play in the Jaguar game was "showing a lot" is hilarious.  

I wasn't going to come in here and flame SaviorPeterman as I have gotten flamed years back when I got some info from friends in the NFL and shared it here.  Now I get info and I never ever post it here...boards loss, not mine.  So I get it...sometimes you have sources and rather than believe you do its easier to mock it.  

HOWEVER:  SaviorPetermans statements about why they have confidence in Peterman makes absolutely no sense.  And that for me highly discredits a lot of this.  When did anything he do proceed anything close to "showing a lot"?  What is it that they are so enamored with?  Is it...

1. His 50% preseason completion percentage against backups and guys no longer in the NFL?
  2. Was it his underwhelming practices and inconsistencies reported all camp and preseason?
  3. Was it his 5 interceptions in less than a half of play against a weak team coming off a 2 game losing streak?  (4 of which were awful throws)
  4. Was it how he panics like a dear in headlights as soon as pressure is on him and flings the ball up and high for an easy pick?
  5. Was it his NON interception against the Jags, that IMO was NOT a true INT as I felt the ball moved, BUT STILL was a TERRIBLE and WEAK throw that should have been EASILY picked off for a pick 6?
  6. Was it his fumble and INT in just a handful of snaps against the Jags?
  7. Or maybe its his 6 interceptions after barely playing just over a single games worth of time.  
  8. And if its not any of those, maybe its how he is a threat to throw a pick 6 every time he throws to sidelines without the zip to do so?

Funny thing is, I actually LIKE Peterman as a prospect, but by NO MEANS do I look at him and go its time to go all in on him.  He has a LOT of work to do to MAYBE be a decent backup, let alone a starter.  

So I have serious doubts about this information is this thread.  

...likewise as far as doubts......Peterman is a 5th round rook who despite showing some promise particularly in the mental aspect of the game, has a long, LONG way to go.....sure I like the kid's potential, but this thread wreaks of "fake news" especially if one considers the OP.......perhaps Chapstick Chad's cousin..............

What’s interesting to me is how many people are showing up here with “Here is What’s Happening - Respect My Authoritah!” types of posts these days. 

As long as I’ve been here, there have always been dribs and drabs of inside information that have proven correct, but never so many showing up like manic street preachers insisting they have the word and the truth. 

The increase in “insiders” this year, is it a function of the BBMB shutdown? Or something else?

• Like (+1) 1

lmao what a load of horse ****

Also if the Bills ignore the QB position again and draft 2 defensive players in the 1st round they deserve to not make the playoffs

we gave up 10 points in the wild card game, the defense is really not the pressing issue right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Beane didn't even draft Peterman but is in love with the kid and realizes they struck gold. As was Brian Gaine (who my source likely got this info from since he went to the Texans knowing all the Bills offseason plans).

Bottom line NP showed a lot in very tough circumstances including the non INT against a Jags team that went on to win in Pittsburgh and nearly upset the Patriots. Makes NP's performance that much more impressive in hindsight.

Your bottom line here is absurd. The kid is slow to read and react. Almost as slow as EJ. He has a quick/compact delivery but doesn't have the arm strength to put it on a rope and hit his man on the more difficult throws a QB is asked to make. 

He threw a game-sealing interception and you're calling it impressive because the team that intercepted it beat Pittsburgh and came close vs New England. That's absurd. The defense deserves all the credit for giving them a chance to win in Jacksonville. When his number was called, the dude faltered. If he's as good and as smart as you believe, he doesn't even throw that out route if he has any idea the closing speed Ramsey has. And Ramsey read it the whole way. 

I don't think the dude is ever going to be a long term starter. Decent number two with a chance at a Case Keenum 2017 type season is his ceiling. 

And every team has Darnold rated highly, despite his turnovers this year. Teams obviously see he has everything you want in a franchise guy and just needs coaching and experience at the pro level. 

I wish there was an emoji for doing a raspberry but since there isn't I'mma just type tthhhppppbbbtttthththt.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've known Savior for awhile from BBMB.  It can be entertaining sometimes....

OK - so morbid fascination has led me to read on.....like watching a train wreck I tell ya!!!

So so so glad I was NEVER on the BBMB......SP is a troll of the highest degree......

GO BILLS!

2 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

*Also a true dark horse QB to watch out for is Tanner Lee, I have a 4th round grade on him but he could go as high as 2nd round. Very similar QB to NP and coaches still covet pocket passers who thrived in pro style college offenses. Perhap's he could be our Kirk Cousins behind NP if we spend another mid round pick on a QB

AND the hits keep coming.......just when i thought he bowed out he is BACK!  With EVEN more BS......omfg I can take it anymore!!!

GO BILLS!

Perhaps SaviorPeterman's high level business meeting was with Dunkirk Don, regarding the purchase of real estate somewhere east of the city of Buffalo next to the new stadium site.

It makes sense.  Dunkirk Don still has his contact and the e-security leak...he was banned but now he is passing his coveted information forward to SaviorPeterman.

By the way, in this context, "High Level Business Meeting" means coffee with Dunkirk Don at Dunkin Donuts in Dunkirk.

I don't think there is any possible way that Buffalo can move up far enough to draft Darnold without giving up picks.  Of the top three QBs, Rosen is the riskiest pick because of the red flags.  He's a partier who is thought not to take football that seriously and is bad in the locker room.  Even though he might be the most ready on the field, the risks are not worth where a team will need to draft him.  Josh Allen might have the most physical talent, but his footwork is going to take some time to fix.  Darnold is more ready for the pro game than Allen and has a far better attitude than Rosen.  He's not a perfect QB, but he's a pretty safe pick early in the draft and should be able to play sooner rather than later.

The notions of trading Glenn, a complete linebacker turnover and DT as a high priority are entirely feasible whether there is a source or not.

Personally, I would not rule out Mayfield, Jackson and Rudolph, but then I have not looked at the at the level of detail that the Bills have and will.

Any time someone posts "insider information," it is what it is - something that's not going to be corroborated.  You can either believe it or not.  You can't really do anything about it.  The best you can hope for is if it pans out you can maybe feel like doing a little gloating because you "knew it was going to happen" and your friends didn't.  Inside information is not actionable unless you're a stock market investor, and then you can get arrested for it.  Otherwise, it just "is."

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

i for one...and maybe the only one, enjoy your posts. i have been a fan for 44 yrs. so i've seen a few qbs here....and a lot of them this team has ruined. however, i believe with a solid draft and some good fa moves, i think nate can give us a geoff like performance and at least a 10-6 season after a full camp and preseason.

do i think they want or should get a vet? i guess but i think peterman can match alex smith without the loss of assets. sam bradford?...ok but again, it's gonna cost and with his injury history?... josh mc cown for cheap...no unless he's a backup.

i'd be fine if they pulled a deal for foles or mc carron...or maybe even luck. i can't see them braking the bank for cousins.

we do need to draft a qb ,but who and where and how much? i would not be scared to roll with peterman and one or two rookies behind him. i think that's why the ken dorsey thing makes sense. like i said, maximize our picks, do good in fa and nate can get us to 10-6 or better. if this past season would have been his second, he would have beat out tyrod for the starting job.

if you stop to think about it, (remembering gruden's assessment of np last year prior to the draft), i wonder where he would rank among this current class. these are all my observations and gut feelings , so i don't care if i get flamed.

You aren't the only one. I get along with most folks here even the ones that insist on flaming me, but thank you for having the courage to speak up. At the end of the day I'm a serious Bills fan that tells it like it is. And thankfully the drought is over even if we got somewhat lucky and didn't truly earn it.

Also I agree with the sentiment that if it comes down to signing a guy like Alex Smith or Sam Bradford we might as well just roll with Peterman unless that guy legitimately beats him out and is head and shoulders better in camp/preseason. But even if it's dead even in training camp you still go with the younger guy with upside like Peterman.

Either way I don't think this QB draft class is very impressive beyond the clear cut top 2 (Darnold and Rosen), too many JP Losman and EJ Manuel types in there and I hope Beane is smart enough to avoid them unless it's another mid round flyer pick like NP was then sure why not because worse that can happen is you find another backup type QB.

1 hour ago, scottdoomed said:

pseudo smoke screen at best

that said dont know if ill be back freakin cancer is back it seems

god bless ya god bless bills. i was hoping to see them go but i got to see them back in playoffs.

That sux man - beat the **** outa that cancer - best of luck to ya - CANCER BLOWS!

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

What’s interesting to me is how many people are showing up here with “Here is What’s Happening - Respect My Authoritah!” types of posts these days. 

As long as I’ve been here, there have always been dribs and drabs of inside information that have proven correct, but never so many showing up like manic street preachers insisting they have the word and the truth. 

The increase in “insiders” this year, is it a function of the BBMB shutdown? Or something else?

I've only made a few posts like this if I'm confident in the source, and in this case it was the same one that shared the Brian Gaine hiring with me which I reported and was later validated well after I reported it was a done deal (I reported it at least a week in advance). My gut feeling tells me this source received this info directly from Brian Gaine but he wouldn't confirm that which I respect. No secret that Gaine would know a lot about Beane and the Bills offseason plans since he was a major part of the new front office.

Other than that I don't proclaim to know the inner workings of One Bills Drive but it's well know there's been a lot of leaks out of there in years past based on how the organization was run.

We'll see what happens in the coming weeks and months but I strongly suspect most of the content in my original post will come to fruition especially the not so earth shattering stuff (i.e. moving on from TT/Cordy Glenn and upgrading the front seven).

5 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I've only made a few posts like this if I'm confident in the source, and in this case it was the same one that shared the Brian Gaine hiring with me which I reported and was later validated well after I reported it was a done deal (I reported it at least a week in advance). My gut feeling tells me this source received this info directly from Brian Gaine but he wouldn't confirm that which I respect. No secret that Gaine would know a lot about Beane and the Bills offseason plans since he was a major part of the new front office.

Other than that I don't proclaim to know the inner workings of One Bills Drive but it's well know there's been a lot of leaks out of there in years past based on how the organization was run.

We'll see what happens in the coming weeks and months but I strongly suspect most of the content in my original post will come to fruition especially the not so earth shattering stuff (i.e. moving on from TT/Cordy Glenn and upgrading the front seven).

Freaking again with the Gaine stuff.....LET.  IT.  GO!  Dude seriously - LET.  IT.  GO.  Don't you have a meeting to attend too?

GO BILLS!

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

(...)

do i think they want or should get a vet? i guess but i think peterman can match alex smith without the loss of assets. sam bradford?...ok but again, it's gonna cost and with his injury history?... josh mc cown for cheap...no unless he's a backup. (...)

we do need to draft a qb ,but who and where and how much? i would not be scared to roll with peterman and one or two rookies behind him. (..)

The nice thing about this thread is it helps to smoke out the sock puppets

31 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

(...)

Also I agree with the sentiment that if it comes down to signing a guy like Alex Smith or Sam Bradford we might as well just roll with Peterman unless that guy legitimately beats him out and is head and shoulders better in camp/preseason. But even if it's dead even in training camp you still go with the younger guy with upside like Peterman.

You two should really get a room.  Table for One!

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

Welcome to the new BBMB

7 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Trust me everyone, soak all of this glory in when you can, because when SaviorEdwards isn’t around anymore, you’ll miss him.

I’m so glad he’s back.

”Tied up in high level business meetings..”

You can’t script this stuff. It’s genius.

Trying to get the Budweiser beer vendor to give him a break on prices for his bar?