Gronk's Karmic retribution

It took a few weeks but it looks like the universe just paid Gronk back for his dbaggery vs Tre White. While I usually wince at hits to the head, it was very sweet to see that oaf get his comeuppance.  TBH it didn't look like an intentionally dirty hit by the Jags defender. It might have been an accident as the Jags defender leads with the shoulder but follows through to Gronk's head.  Nice that karma finally caught up to one these Pats players, finally!!

• Like (+1) 1

I don't consider that retribution at all.

The Bills need to take care of their own business and they match fire with fire.

I.E., that matter will be resolved when a Buffalo Bill cheap shots Gronk in a similar manner. 

Until then, this was just another play in another football game, and it didn't even cost NE the game.

They're still headed to the Superbowl.  Again.

• Like (+1) 2

How do the Eagles have Carson Wentz AND Nick Foles on their roster and a bunch of other studs at every position.

and we have Tyrod Taylor and Nate Peterman and a bunch of stiffs at every position ????

Somebody put Doug Whaley on conference call please.......................

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The Bills need to take care of their own business and they match fire with fire.

I.E., that matter will be resolved when a Buffalo Bill cheap shots Gronk in a similar manner. 

Until then, this was just another play in another football game, and it didn't even cost NE the game.

Gronk was taken out with a concussion and your still not happy?

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

similar to this idea,  I noticed that the Jags defenders were noticeably taking it to the Pats - through the whistle contact,  jaw jacking, not backing down - in the first half. I've been waiting to see that from the Bills for 15 years against that team.  We always seem awestruck. Hit em, push em around,  give a little extra teabag now and again.  

Its not happening your team is not good enough to ever beat the team with brady on the other sideline. He will beat you 2x a year until he retires.

Hes such a nightmare you root for every other team. Who roots for other teams, if the pats lost to jacksonville im not rooting for the other team to win. But today we got to see a buncb of bills fans rooting for the team that ended there season. Lol ?

Hey you got 1 more shot, go root them eagles.

3 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Its not happening your team is not good enough to ever beat the team with brady on the other sideline. He will beat you 2x a year until he retires.

Hes such a nightmare you root for every other team. Who roots for other teams, if the pats lost to jacksonville im not rooting for the other team to win. But today we got to see a buncb of bills fans rooting for the team that ended there season. Lol ?

Who whines about their lil team on another team’s message board? ?

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Schmuggs said:

Is this thread serious? Smh. Opie you have no idea how karma works.  Don’t attempt to explain it. Theyre in the super bowl. 

And apparently you do?? Last time I checked Karma was your intents and actions in life influencing future actions that happen to you. So Gronk concusses another player with a dirty hit and then strangely a few weeks later by chance Gronk gets concussed by a dirty? arguably hit. Am I missing something here? Are you a HIndu Scholar or something and illuminate me as to how that doesn't resemble karma?

As for the Pats, yes as a collective, they have yet to achieve karmic retribution for much of anything and yes they will probably win again this year but at least Gronk got some measure of punishment.

On a side note: I don't really believe in karma.....LOL

7 hours ago, B Fan in LA said:

How do the Eagles have Carson Wentz AND Nick Foles on their roster and a bunch of other studs at every position.

and we have Tyrod Taylor and Nate Peterman and a bunch of stiffs at every position ????

Because Nick foles isn't good? And why are you blaming Whaley for This? If Whaley gets blame for this then he gets credit for the trade down, Tre, poyer, and Hyde. Or is that too logical? 

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Go eat some Tide Pods, Pats Fan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Maybe nobody else see's it this way but I'll offer a slightly different perspective on the hit that knocked Gronkowski out of the game.  I think taking him out of the game actually aided their comeback.  It required Brady to change his reads and progression and look elsewhere for a receiver.  Jacksonville had the big TE more or less under control to that point.  They practiced all week to focus on taking away Gronk.  Now with him gone the defense needed to adjust their coverage to other receivers, alter their secondary calls, they didn't seem prepared, and they didn't do a good job. 

It's obvious the Patriots lead a charmed life.  Hope I'm wrong and I hate to say it but I see no way the Eagles are going to win the SB.  Throwing 38-21 out there.

10 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

You're a big boy. Do you like movies about gladiators?

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

Everyone said “karma” when he did not get a bonus.   Guess what he made all pro and got it anyway.   Everyone said “Karma” when he got knocked out.   Guess what his team won and he will play in the sb.  There is no such thing as karma.   

I can send some charcoal up your way to induce the vomiting. I'm worried your stomach can't handle all this Patriot love juice, son.

I guess better your stomach than your colon.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

You're a big boy. Do you like movies about gladiators?

I can send some charcoal up your way to induce the vomiting. I'm worried your stomach can't handle all this Patriot love juice, son.

I guess better your stomach than your colon.

What are you talking about? Someone points out some facts so you think they are someone rooting for those facts.   Really stupid post

15 hours ago, B Fan in LA said:

Because prior to this year, BUFFALO has been a poor organization at evaluating and draft talent...

8 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

Because prior to this year, BUFFALO has been a poor organization at evaluating and draft talent...

Hmmmm.  If we're so poor at evaluating and drafting talent, how come we got all these traded and FA players, playing on teams in the final 4?

And we had the same crew doing the talent e v a l and draft this past year....

The reason we have scraps at QB is organizational unwillingness to take the Big Gulp and pay what you have to/make what trades you have to to bring in quality.  We've been trying to be smarter than everyone else and find a good QB on the scrapheap of players teams are willing to trade/FA - then giving them 3 years to develop, 1 guy at a time.

The reason the Eagles have all that talent at QB is back in 2015, they made an organizational decision to go "All In" for excellence at QB and have been pursuing it since with a series of trades, FA signings, and draft day tradeups, that most pundits said were nuts and would set them back as a franchise.

Strange thing is, it hasn't since they were able to trade away excess quality QB for a good ROI

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

On 1/21/2018 at 10:59 PM, Livinginthepast said:

It took a few weeks but it looks like the universe just paid Gronk back for his dbaggery vs Tre White. While I usually wince at hits to the head, it was very sweet to see that oaf get his comeuppance.  TBH it didn't look like an intentionally dirty hit by the Jags defender. It might have been an accident as the Jags defender leads with the shoulder but follows through to Gronk's head.  Nice that karma finally caught up to one these Pats players, finally!!

It was enjoyable to me to see the Patriots losing while Gronk was in there, then he leaves and they come back to win. Just like they won the Super Bowl last year without him. The shaved gorilla is irrelevant to the Patriots' success and is the most overrated player in the NFL.

22 minutes ago, transient said:

I was surprised to find that rocks could get concussed. 

Way to live up to the lofty expectations of your screen name. 

Lofty expectations of the screen name!! By a guy who calls himself "transient"??? are you posting this from "a van, down by the river!!!" LOL

57 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Lofty expectations of the screen name!! By a guy who calls himself "transient"??? are you posting this from "a van, down by the river!!!" LOL

Is one to assume by your tired, feeble, and oh-so-played-out Rob Johnson hatred and your Matt Foley reference that the past you’re living in is somewhere between mid 90s and early 2000s?  Seems like an odd choice of times to ruminate over, but maybe it’s just me.  If coach had only put you in in the fourth quarter, you’d be state champions, right? Sorry if the reference is a little too recent for you. Anyway, carry on...

1 hour ago, transient said:

Is one to assume by your tired, feeble, and oh-so-played-out Rob Johnson hatred and your Matt Foley reference that the past you’re living in is somewhere between mid 90s and early 2000s?  Seems like an odd choice of times to ruminate over, but maybe it’s just me.  If coach had only put you in in the fourth quarter, you’d be state champions, right? Sorry if the reference is a little too recent for you. Anyway, carry on...

Seriously dude you need to lighten up a bit and take a burn in stride, its all in fun (at least for me). . Also if you cannot see the irony of "calling people out" about the quality of your screen name when yours is a pejorative term I cannot really help you.  BTW my screen name is self deprecating. I "live in the past" being a Bills fan because recent times (like a 17 year drought) were too painful and embarrassing. And no its not about  mid to late 90s to 2000s. why in the hell would that be the past I would like to live in?? its directly related to the 88-94 time period. Go watch some Ytube vids on the Bills from those years, they were magic. 

Anyway I  was answering another post, quite honestly I might add. If you were a Bills fan in the late 90s watching Rob Johnson practically fail  to do anything on a multitude of plays on offense and then watching your coach (Wade) fail to pull him and put somebody who could (and did) do something in games like Flutie then you literally had to hope for a game ending injury for Johnson. That was the only way he was going to come out and therefore the only chance for the Bills to win. So wishing for a Johnson injury was not so much glee at seeing him get hurt, it was needing him to get the hell out of there so the Bills had a chance at winning. Wade was way too stubborn and felt the pressure of ownership to not pull the plug on "Robo sack" because of the big contract. So that rationale is somehow  "tired and "feeble"  because it accurately describes a situation for me and a huge bunch of other fans at the time??  That's a laughably  lame criticism.  Wait you aren't Rob Johnson are you? :) 

On 1/22/2018 at 1:14 AM, Cmdjr85 said:

YOU!

Take the tide pod challenge