AFC Championship GDT: Jaguars vs. Patriots at 3:05 PM ET on CBS

Just now, NoSaint said:

Jax only got called for one hold and it was both obvious and impacted the play. It’s not like they killed the jags with holding flags

When you hold the edge defender from behind like that last 1st down that is an obvious textbook holding called every time. If you really think the Pats committed 1 penalty the entire game......

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Have fun. Jefferson Starship is playing on Saturday.❄

They're playing this weekend. Not super bowl weekend. But we are going this weekend too. So it should be cool. The Cave is awesome.  You in cali?

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

The ramsey PI was obvious, the hit on gronk was a penalty, the delay of game was real, the hold was very legit.

That leaves the one PI  that I didn’t catch replays of that I can’t comment on 

Come on promo

Jags 6 penalties for 98 yards.

Pats 1 penalty for 10 yards.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Iron Maiden said:

For once, I really didn't see the refs helping NE today....they came back on their own.....Jax D was gassed....

They did their work mainly in the first half on that ridiculous PI call.

In the second half, they chose to not call obvious O-line holds.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I'll be cheering for Brady and the Patriots in the SB, because I think if they win it is the best chance we have that he'll decide to go out on a high and retire.

The thing is after all the dominance from NE----I'd like the Bills to be the team to send Brady into retirement.

I mean Brady is the best. And he always rises to the occasion. 

Bortles had a 102+ passer ratting all game until the very last drive which dropped him to a 98. Brady on the other hand had an 87 passer rating in the first 3 quarters while in the 4th he had a 130+!

That's insane...When the game is on the line, he just comes alive. 

1 minute ago, MattM said:

They called what, 1 holding the entire game......It's not like Jax didn't have any plays that could have been called also.....We always say to let them play....those refs did today.....

1 minute ago, MattM said:

PI call was valid, defender knew where the ball was and intentionally maintained active contact with the receiver to keep him from getting to it

They chose not to call largely tickytack holds on either team, which is fair

1 minute ago, leonbus23 said:

They're playing this weekend. Not super bowl weekend. But we are going this weekend too. So it should be cool. The Cave is awesome.  You in cali?

Used to be, in Oregon now. Love skiing, was a ski bum in Utah for years. Been keeping tabs on ski areas thinking of making a trip soon.

Just now, Iron Maiden said:

They called what, 1 holding the entire game......It's not like Jax didn't have any plays that could have been called also.....We always say to let them play....those refs did today.....

Some of those Pats no calls were obvious holds.

At a certain point when it happens over and over, you have to ask why one team seems to always get the controversial calls/no calls go their way.....

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

All the geniuses told me the Pats didn’t stand a chance at all

The Jaguars were underdogs all week... Who the hell were you talking to that said the Patriots...THE PATRIOTS, had no chance at all? 

I've never seen a single person for over a decade say the Patriots with Brady dont stand a chance for any game.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BigDingus said:

The Jaguars were underdogs all week... Who the hell were you talking to that said the Patriots...THE PATRIOTS, had no chance at all? 

I've never seen a single person for over a decade say the Patriots with Brady dont stand a chance for any game.

At least half this board told me the Jags were going to win.

4 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

The thing is after all the dominance from NE----I'd like the Bills to be the team to send Brady into retirement.

Lol don’t hold you breath on that one. 

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

"I'm really surprised that New England* won this game"...said no one ever.

Apparently plenty here are based off the comments. 

5 minutes ago, MattM said:

Some of those Pats no calls were obvious holds.

At a certain point when it happens over and over, you have to ask why one team seems to always get the controversial calls/no calls go their way.....

That's my point...they didn't get any controversial call go their way today.....nothing outrageous...they usually do...but I didn't see it today...

25 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

Without the refs in their pocket, NE doesn't win this game.  Terrible officiating.

24 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

The refs had no impact. I hate em too but I have to respect what I just witnessed. I'd kill for a Bills offense capable of coming back like that against the top D nonetheless. Alot of hating in this thread

23 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

1 penalty for 10 yards, so much holding missed, multiple PIs overlooked. The Pats got almost 100 yards from penalties it's so fixed it is not even funny. 

2 minutes ago, davspo said:

Real question-  when was the last time a ti

eam only had one penalty- I really don't know

If you guys want to know about penalties this site is awesome.

Spoiler Alert:  New England is one of the least penalized teams and the teams they play have almost the most called!

Coincidence?  You can make the call.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/?year=2017

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The f##k they did. Where would they be without all those PI and PF calls? Once again the NFL rides to the rescue of it's made franchise.

Every last PI was obvious and they even missed a few on the Jags.  The game was won because of Amandola playing amazing well, and well Gilmore playing very well and Harrison's huge sack.

2 minutes ago, Hawaii50 said:

When does a Pats game end with "Brady had to overcome some questionable calls" to win??  Always, always, tilts their way from refs!

Ever Pats game ends with "Brady had to overcome some challenges to make history."   Just that none of them are calls.

Still...that was one of the more evenly called Pats games I've seen.  It was like Jax was only playing against fourteen men on the field.

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Avisan said:

PI call was valid, defender knew where the ball was and intentionally maintained active contact with the receiver to keep him from getting to it

They chose not to call largely tickytack holds on either team, which is fair

Exactly. 

You pull the obvious and non debatable pre snap calls and there were very few calls on either team. 

A H2H hit that knocked out the pats best receiver was a fair call. 

Taking down a defender and laying on top of him was the only hold on either team.

The PI before the half I didn’t see a replay but the one after the half obvious (way early and involved both grabbing and twisting the upper body effecting the catch on a very catchable ball)

it wasnt like one side got hit hit with Ticky tack calls or it was terribly inconsistent. The only way your truly angry about officials in that game is if you were angry before the game started.

Edited by NoSaint