AFC Championship GDT: Jaguars vs. Patriots at 3:05 PM ET on CBS

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

The refs had no impact. I hate em too but I have to respect what I just witnessed. I'd kill for a Bills offense capable of coming back like that against the top D nonetheless. Alot of hating in this thread

Not a blame the refs guy, but the holding on the edge that last first down was so obvious. Do you really think the Patriots only committed 1 penalty all game?  C'mon man.

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

The refs had no impact. I hate em too but I have to respect what I just witnessed. I'd kill for a Bills offense capable of coming back like that against the top D nonetheless. Alot of hating in this thread

If you don't find it odd that NE is almost never called for an O hold or any critical penalties on D ( in a game that OL hold on most every play and DBs constantly clutch and grab ) then enjoy the show! You are easily pleased. 

Why JAX stopped throwing RB ant TE outs on fist down mystifies me.   Running inside for one yard over and over in the second half put too much pressure on Bortles to be a downfield thrower.

Now is that Hackett being Hackett or and adjustment by Belichick?   I dont't know, but that JAX defense was on the field way too much in the second half, in contrast to the first.   

Oh well.   The commercials better be entertaining this year...

Bottles had a great game for the most part. Still makes me laugh we had people before the Jacksonville game say they'd rather have Tyrod than him in the playoffs. 

He outplayed Brady most of the game, was smart, made good decisions, and did it on the road. The Jags running game wasn't even doing much, so congrats to them all for playing the Pats so well. 

In other news, the Patriots have now won their last 4 playoff games where they were down by 10 points or more...That just sucks. The Bills are the exact opposite in recent years. They go down at all, even by a point, and it becomes nearly impossible to win. 

And as much as I hate him, Brady is the best QB of all time easy. Doesn't even need to win this SB. Has 5 win, 2 losses and about to have either a 6th win or 3rd loss. To put that in perspective, Jim Kelly is considered one of the top 15 QBs of all time with half the stats and 4 losses... Even if Brady loses, he'll be 1 SB loss away from Kelly's SB losses, but with the bonus of having also won FIVE. That's insane...And was done in the Free agency era. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

If you don't find it odd that NE is almost never called for an O hold or any critical penalties on D ( in a game that OL hold on most every play and DBs constantly clutch and grab ) then enjoy the show! You are easily pleased. 

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa

whaaaaaaaaaaaa

7 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Is the NFL finally dead to me?

I think so. This time feels different.

Yet so many posters still use the ridiculous tinfoil-hat references. The NFL and its officiating has been corrupt for over 15 years maybe longer don't, be naive people.....NE generate more $$$$, they get all those sweet calls. When B&B retire, the calls end.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Didn't watch one play of this game and I'm glad I didn't . You can pretty much pencil in this script. NE almost never gets called for O holding or any penalty on D of consequence while the game is in doubt . Just ridiculous and makes it virtually impossible to win against them. I decided after ATL debacle and SEA Brian fart in last few SBs that I wouldn't waste my time or invest any emotion by watching a NE SB ever again. I checked the score 3 times in this game: once when JAX was up 14-3 and twice in the final 06:00. I'm not surprised at all at the final and definitely not from any of these same old comments about the biased officiating. It's not worth the time watching the Pats when they are predetermined to win. 

Wish I joined you........ For not watching the game your spot on.

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

Not a blame the refs guy, but the holding on the edge that last first down was so obvious. Do you really think the Patriots only committed 1 penalty all game?  C'mon man.

For me it was that TD drive prior to the half.  OK with Gronk I guess you have to call it but the PI on Bouye was soo much BS.

5 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

They absolutely did. The pass interference call that led to the Pats TD was a bad call. 

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Why JAX stopped throwing RB ant TE outs on fist down mystifies me.   Running inside for one yard over and over in the second half put too much pressure on Bortles to be a downfield thrower.

Now is that Hackett being Hackett or and adjustment by Belichick?   I dont't know, but that JAX defense was on the field way too much in the second half, in contrast to the first.   

Oh well.   The commercials better be entertaining this year...

This is it for me. Sometimes these guys outthink themselves.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The f##k they did. Where would they be without all those PI and PF calls? Once again the NFL rides to the rescue of it's made franchise.

The ramsey PI was obvious, the hit on gronk was a penalty, the delay of game was real, the hold was very legit.

That leaves the one PI  that I didn’t catch replays of that I can’t comment on 

Come on promo

1 minute ago, Avisan said:

Zero of them?  All of those penalties were valid

Ya'll are straight up insane with negativity at this point

I guess you missed the blatant holding on the Pats OLine.  Had those been called like they should have, several big plays would have come back.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Neither did Jax

They got called for pre-snap penalties and blatant defensive fouls outside of one (valid) PI that theoretically could have been not called

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Yet so many posters still use the ridiculous tinfoil-hat references. The NFL and its officiating has been corrupt for over 15 years maybe longer don't, be naive people.....NE generate more $$$$, they get all those sweet calls. When B&B retire, the calls end.

Pats have the best owners and coaches and players, so yeah they will win most likely 

2 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I'll be cheering for Brady and the Patriots in the SB, because I think if they win it is the best chance we have that he'll decide to go out on a high and retire.

I said that as well a few days ago. 

All the media stuff canonizing him (like that promo commercial) seems to be leading to something like that...

I got flamed for calling the Falcons screw job a scripted mess and here we are again... 

the next years biggest game is the newest most dramatic thing and once again it looks bogus. The Jags forgot how to play defense because the Pats lost their best weapon? Amendola catches a pass infront of the DB and doesn't even get pushed out of bounds lol.

what are we watching? I don't know. But I'm sure it will be even more dramatic in two weeks.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Stop the bitching and give the dreaded Patriots begrudging credit for coming back to win after being down by 10 in the 4th without Gronkowski. 

Good job stripes.  Another game for the zebras.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Jax only got called for one hold and it was both obvious and impacted the play. It’s not like they killed the jags with holding flags

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Avisan said:

Neither did Jax

They got called for pre-snap penalties and blatant defensive fouls outside of one (valid) PI that theoretically could have been not called

It's the NE fouls that aren't called that make the difference. I'll take your word for it on the JAX calls, but pretending NE doesn't commit fouls that don't get called is just silly. 

I am so ticked off.

Funny how a few plays that look like PI are not questioned by announcers, and NO replays.

i just want to freaking enjoy watching a super bowl without any care who wins.

damn it.

Edited by davefan66