Tyrod deserves a huge THANK YOU!

Punt75

Tyrod took a beating today.  He got up off the ground when many others wouldn’t have.  His heart is with the Buffalo Bills. He’s a well spoken man and a great representative of Buffalo the city and the Bills.  Have you ever heard or read of a negative issue (on or off-field) with Tyrod?

He’s a great athlete but not necessarily the prototype of a successful QB in the NFL.  He did his BEST!  I know he wanted more.

THANK YOU TYROD !!!

• Like (+1) 12
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

Tyrod took a beating today.  He got up off the ground when many others wouldn’t have.  His heart is with the Buffalo Bills. He’s a well spoken man and a great representative of Buffalo the city and the Bills.  Have you ever heard or read of a negative issue (on or off-field) with Tyrod?

He’s a great athlete but not necessarily the prototype of a successful QB in the NFL.  He did his BEST!  I know he wanted more.

THANK YOU TYROD !!!

Ironically your avatar name is Punt!!!

exactly what his offense did all day!

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

THANK YOU TYROD !!!

I can join you in thanking Tyrod. I join others in wishing him well elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Success said:

I hate that some deride him.

He is a tough dude and gave his all today.  He may not be the guy going forward, but we didn’t lose because of him today.  He has only ever worked hard and given his all.

You must have been watching a different game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

He is a tough dude and gave his all today.  He may not be the guy going forward, but we didn’t lose because of him today.  He has only ever worked hard and given his all.

LOL Why did we lose today then?

Good luck Tyrod

It's really easy to like Tyrod the man and the teammate and to appreciate the effort he has made.  He seems like a great guy. 

Several years ago I went to a Bears game and sat in the first row. One of the things you notice down there is how tough it has to be for the QB to navigate the field on passing plays. There is an awful lot going on in front of and around the QB, it happens very quickly and receivers are often scattered across a lot of area.  It's easy to see why it's such a tough position to play and maybe that explains in part why so few are really good at the position.  Those that are : Brady, Rogers, Brees and some others are really special.  Tyrod simply can't do what the better ones do, but he is still a great athlete and likely a great man. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Wrong QB, that was Cam Newton

9 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

THANK YOU TYROD !!!

I liked Tyrod and haw he tried his best. Both on the field and in front of moronic press.

That said he was done the day he admitted he liked his wings with ranch dressing. 

8 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

THANK YOU TYROD !!!

I will give thanks. He is a good guy, likeable as a person and did his very best. Cannot question his toughness. Hopefully he continues on and gets the chance to keep playing football. 

Just not here.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

What????

Yes his 3 points and his indecisive play nearly brought us to victory.

I thank him for his effort and wish him well on travel to another team.  

I really hope hope that was the last time I have to see him in a Bills uniform.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Success said:

We certainly didn't lose because of his effort or attitude, which have always been fine, but one of the primary reasons we lost was because of his ability.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

He's a class guy for sure and I wish him the best..but his time here is over.

I agree. He has a lot of class, a lot of heart, he's a great teammate and has talent. But he's just not going to be any more than he is, and frankly we need more. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Feel better? Many of us think he should go we just don't want to be snarky about it.

Holy christ. I thanked him. 

Actually a couple times in multiple threads. Grow some thicker skin

• Like (+1) 1

I love Tyrod, and he is a class guy and gives his all.  We can't all be elite NFL QBs no matter how hard we try,  But he protected the ball, gave up his body, and exceeded both his draft slot and free agency cost, and got us to the playoffs however much of the credit he deserves or doesn't.  We were still alive with one minute left in a playoff game, and only eight teams.

By the way of the eight teams left that did better than we did this year, four have first round QBs, two have HOF QBs, plus Keenum and Foles who are playing because of injuries and haven't won a playoff game yet.

Thanks Tyrod, and we hope you are okay after that final play, and if that was your last snap as a Bill, we wish you well the rest of your career.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Holy christ. I thanked him. 

Actually a couple times in multiple threads. Grow some thicker skin

Haha, A thank you from you is like a FU from others. Besides It ain't about me. I just think the guy deserves a better send off then a "don't let the door hit you on the way out" sentiment.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Success said:

I disagree, I think Dennison had enough plays called where guys were open to make plays. I think with even a passer like Alex Smith we score 17 points on offense today. Defense played great, ST was solid. When McD goes over that game tape he will see that we win this game with a better passing QB. I put all the blame on Taylor for this loss.

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Haha, A thank you from you is like a FU from others. Besides It ain't about me. I just think the guy deserves a better send off then a "don't let the door hit you on the way out" sentiment.

Said Thanks

enjoy your next city and good luck. 

What more is there to be said? 

3 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

What a stupid statement!  Does this make you feel happy inside?  Sad case!

He's a hard worker, a good teammate, can make plays no other qb can make, and puts it all in the line.  Any new team will be lucky to have him.  Feel better?

It's sadly not surprising that the CoTH has taken this thread as another opportunity to bash Tyrod. (Is there a punchbowl you're not willing to piss in?) Personally, I hope to see him in a Bills uni next season. I hope we draft a QB in the 1st, and keep Tyrod as the vet mentor/early-season starter. 

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

It's sadly not surprising that the CoTH has taken this thread as another opportunity to bash Tyrod. (Is there a punchbowl you're not willing to piss in?) Personally, I hope to see him in a Bills uni next season. I hope we draft a QB in the 1st, and keep Tyrod as the vet mentor/early-season starter. 

Luckily you aren't making decisions regarding the direction of this franchise. 

Have a nice night.

28 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

THANK YOU TYROD !!!

Agreed. He put with a lot during his time here. I hope he finds more success at his next stop.
Good Luck and Thanks TT