Who is unimpressed by the 2018 QB class?

njbuff

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

This class could be MAJORLY overhyped.

What do you think?

And does this force the Bills hand to sign Cousins since this class could be unimpressive?

....don't they all end up being overhyped?.....wasn't the 2017 battle cry "wait 'til next year"?..............

I think that every QB coming out this year has their warts.  Darnold has been inconsistent, Rosen is all beat up, and the rest all seem to be getting mixed reviews.

If anything, I don’t think this is the year to “mortgage the farm” and move up for that franchise guy.  So yes, I think this forces Buffalo to make some kind of QB move in FA.

• Like (+1) 2

It is still markedly better than the 2017 class IMO

Rosen and Darnold pretty much have displayed no interest in going to Cleveland so it didn't surprise me to see Rosen sit out his bowl game and USC unimpress 

those 2 guys are still better NFL prospects than Trubisky and the like . Not to mention Baker and the guy that a lot of scouts love in josh Allen and Lamar Jackson 

Then there is a whole host of round 2-4 guys

Edited by Buffalo716

I think it's a good QB class.

This is the Bills year to get their guy in the 1st rd. if they want to unless they want to wait to see what next year holds. Too many draft picks.

Sam Darnold

Mason Rudolph

Baker Mayfield

Ryan Finley

Josh Rosen (not sure about him)

Josh Allen

9 minutes ago, Sweats said:

The only guy i want is Rosen, although i would take Allen as a project QB if he drops to the later rounds.

My guess is Allen climbs up the charts throughout the off season and ends up in the top 10 on day one. He will be like Flacco who was originally projected as a third rounder and then shot up the board after the season ended.

Tyrod for starter next year guys will of course call this class unimpressive. 

Every year it's the same old story, wait till next year it's a better class. Recliner GMs know this guys or that guys will fail, how many knew for sure Watson was a bust before the draft. It is sad how many times the Bills avoid drafting big on a QB, I am sure it has aided the longest playoffless streak in all of sports. Your not ever going to be a playoff team with other teams backup QBs as your starter.

Edited by xRUSHx

As I’ve said Rudolph, Ferguson and Finley  are in the Bills wheel house as far as potential picks. Not to mention all 3 of them looked solid in their Bowl games.

This isn’t a response of who’s better... just wondering if anyone pays attention to those 3.

I think Darnold stays at USC, Rosen goes top 2, Allen goes shortly after and Mayfield goes top 15. No to Jackson.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

10 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

My guess is Allen climbs up the charts throughout the off season and ends up in the top 10 on day one. He will be like Flacco who was originally projected as a third rounder and then shot up the board after the season ended.

Allen needs way too much work, no thanks

2 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

As I’ve said Rudolph, Ferguson and Riley are in the Bills wheel house as far as potential picks. Not to mention all 3 of them looked solid in their Bowl games.

This isn’t a response of who’s better... just wondering if anyone pays attention to those 3.

I think Darnold stays at USC, Rosen goes top 2, Allen goes shortly after and Mayfield goes top 15. No to Jackson.

My top 4 are 

Rosen

Rudolph

Mayfield 

Darnold 

In that order.

Stay away from Jackson/Allen

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Next year's class will be even better!

Always next year's class, it is why we never have a potential franchise QB. Tannahill isn't all that but is better then nothing while Miami looks for better, in fact he even got them to the playoffs once. QB driven league and some fans will never pull the trigger on one because no one ever is good enough as a prospect. This team is forever doomed if they continue to avoid it.

38 minutes ago, njbuff said:

This class could be MAJORLY overhyped.

What do you think?

And does this force the Bills hand to sign Cousins since this class could be unimpressive?

Nope it is a very good class. And will go down as the best class in a long long long time

of course that is is those declare that people thibk will like Rosen, Darnold, Jackson etc

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm underwhelmed with the "hyped" picks of Darnold and Allen. Darnold is way too inconsistent and makes too many turnovers against Pac-12 D's.  Allen scares me.  He has the size, but has under-performed in a very weak conference.  However, I think there are some good QB's in this class.    My top 2 are Rosen and Mayfield.  Although I doubt the Bills draft Mayfield.  I haven't watched enough Rudolph to have an opinion.  Luke Falk's numbers intrigue me.  70% completion 2 years in a row.  Anyone like him?  Likewise Furgeson also impresses me from a numbers standpoint, but have not seen him play.  

I'd grab one of these guys in 1st or 2nd: Rosen, Mayfield, Furgeson, Rudolph (perhaps). 

And then grab either: Falk or McSorley in a later round.  

Edited by RyanC883

40 minutes ago, wppete said:

Sam Darnold didn’t look good vs Ohio St at the Cotton Bowl. 

and all season. 

He is a product of draft culture. They need to hype the draft early and often. 

If anyone bothered to watch him play you see a kid that needs a lot of work to make it in the NFL. 

I hope Beane and team can see through the hype. 

Edited by 1B4IDie
  • Like (+1) 2

Not to mention this same thread pops up every year. Its always uminpressed, bad class, next years is better 

etc etc 

right until this time next year and the same thread gets recycled bad class, uninpressed, better next year. 

Blah blah blah

• Like (+1) 2

Josh Rosen will be in the hall of fame...if he wants to be. Not sure if he does. Best QB prospect since Andrew Luck. But he might get a concussion and get freaked out and about brain damage and quit. He doesn't need the game, has money, highly intelligent, other interests. Does he have the desire to be the best? What is his motivation? Everyone needs something to drive them. If you watch the Elite 11 program (it's on YouTube) he said he was using football to meet people and pay for school. He was the #1 QB in the country and surprisingly he didn't say "I want to be the best ever." I think if he gets picked by Cleveland he will lose interest and flame out and do something else with his life and be just as happy

7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yes but you know when it comes to QB, this league drafts upside

The league drafts QBs and spends big on them, the Bills are in a different league not knowing it's a QB driven league and OBD makes excuses to draft them early. If you don't buy a ticket you will never win.

Edited by xRUSHx

Just now, Section242 said:

I think 6 QB's will go in the first rd. Not sure how that can be considered unimpressive. 

Yep maybe more

surfire 1st 

Darnold

Rosen

Mayfield

Allen

Jackson

Rudolph

three more that coukd rise

Falk

Finley

Fitzgerald 

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

We'll be drafting anywhere from about 15-22 (didn't do math beyond a quick wins and losses).  I don't make a move to the top of the draft but I'd be looking into that 10-15 slot, if there's a QB there I like.  

Perfect spot to take Rudolph 

Edited by xRUSHx

25 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Always next year's class, it is why we never have a potential franchise QB. Tannahill isn't all that but is better then nothing while Miami looks for better, in fact he even got them to the playoffs once. QB driven league and some fans will never pull the trigger on one because no one ever is good enough as a prospect. This team is forever doomed if they continue to avoid it.

Fans have nothing to do with whether or not the Bills draft a QB.  

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Fans have nothing to do with whether or not the Bills draft a QB.  

No I am sure they do not hear the fans yelling for change at all...SMH

Fans buy tickets and if OBD opens there eyes they will see fans have waited long enough, if a QB is not taken this draft they will have a revolt of fans wanting this new staff fired by the end of 2019 IMO. Fans buy tickets and when fans want something they will let OBD know it. Remember the booing at TC? Remember Chan sticking with Fitz even with fans wanting him replaced, well fans won and Chan Fitz got fired. 

12 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Remember the last time we reached for a QB?  We got EJ. Let's not be hasty.

SMH, of course stick to the biggest fail even though they still got Kiko and a cheap backup out of him for his full contract. Didnt they also trade both to top it off.

Goes to show how bad OBD is at drafting QBs when EJ is the best they can do.

Edited by xRUSHx