Tyler Thigpen

Trent Green

Elvis Grbac

Rich Gannon

Steve Bono

Joe Montana

Dave Krieg

Steve Deberg

Sweet Jesus, I remember being optimistic when Thigpen signed here. Though he could be a find.

I was going to post this last night. 30 years!! Blackledge's stats in that game were something like 6/15 75yds and an int. Not like he did anything to help them win. 

Saints have gone 19 years: Danny Wuerffel. Then again, they've had Brees for the last 12 seasons. 

42 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

The Chiefs are starting Patrick Mahomes on Sunday, having already clinched their playoff spot. If he leads them to victory, he’ll be the first quarterback drafted by the Chiefs to win a game since Todd Blackledge

Interesting. I wonder if he creates any QB controversy if he wins decisively...

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Outside of the Rob Johnson debacle, I can't think of any other situations where a qb comes in and does well in a meaningless last game and earns a playoff start.

But there are some similarities. Smith hasn't been wonderful this year despite the leading the team to the playoffs. Flutie wasn't great when he got replaced. To be clear, I don't think he should have been replaced. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsintaiwan said:

Outside of the Rob Johnson debacle, I can't think of any other situations where a qb comes in and does well in a meaningless last game and earns a playoff start.

But there are some similarities. Smith hasn't been wonderful this year despite the leading the team to the playoffs. Flutie wasn't great when he got replaced. To be clear, I don't think he should have been replaced. 

That is the exact scenario I was thinking about. I doubt it will happen, but I DO believe the Chiefs fan base is eager to see Mahomes succeed. 

1 hour ago, billsintaiwan said:

The Chiefs are starting Patrick Mahomes on Sunday, having already clinched their playoff spot. If he leads them to victory, he’ll be the first quarterback drafted by the Chiefs to win a game since Todd Blackledge

I guess they want to see what they have before they go into next season.

1 hour ago, billsintaiwan said:

Those were the days.

Regressing, that Rob Johnson switch,by Ralph Wilson,(partially based on that meaningless last game win) may have cost us a Super Bowl.

Flutie was, by far, a better QB, and I believe there never would have been a Music City Miracle.

Picking that clown up with a number one was arguably one of the largest mistakes this franchise has ever made.

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

That's pretty bizarre.  Quite the list actually

Alex Smith

Matt Cassel

Damon Huard

Tyler Thigpen

Trent Green

Elvis Grbac

Rich Gannon

Steve Bono

Joe Montana

Dave Krieg

Steve Deberg

If memory serves, I think Deberg played in the Chiefs playoff game with a rod screwed into his middle finger of throwing hand.

The tip of it was sticking out of the finger a little bit. There was blood too. Gross!

2 hours ago, billsintaiwan said:

Perhaps my standards are too low - but 4000+ 26 TDs and 5 INTs in only 15 games seems pretty good doesn't it?  Another 350 on the ground too

Edited by dneveu

3 hours ago, billsintaiwan said:

Hmm.  So then FA QB play can work, but only to a degree.

At least the Chiefs' record supports that assertion.

3 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

There are quite a few fans here in KC that want him to start already. 

Personally, I can't wait for him to fall on his face. I think it was a HUGE mistake to give up a first for him.

5 minutes ago, Yav said:

There are quite a few fans here in KC that want him to start already. 

Personally, I can't wait for him to fall on his face. I think it was a HUGE mistake to give up a first for him.

Not sure why but I am kind of rooting for that outcome as well. I think it is because the way some people reacted when the Bills "passed on him" by trading away the pick.

7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Not sure why but I am kind of rooting for that outcome as well. I think it is because the way some people reacted when the Bills "passed on him" by trading away the pick.

I just don't see him translating well to the NFL. 

He maybe a decent player but I just can't see him being a first round QB. 

Maybe because I live in KC and just can't stomach the Chefs and some of their fans are annoying. I'm so tired of hearing about how they win their weak ass division and make the playoffs only to loose in the first round when they play against real playoff teams. Seeing them screw up just seems to be a fun show to watch.

That's mind blowing. Especially considering the Bills have drafted such greats as Collins, Losman, Edwards and Manuel who have won them games since Kelly. 

Some teams just struggle drafting certain positions. The Ravens have never been able to draft a good WR under Ozzie.

Edited by EersN'Bills

16 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Must be similar for GB, right?

Pretty close.  Starting Seneca Wallace for a game in '13 (and starting Scott Tolzien the next 2 weeks) ended a streak that began in '92.  Before that it was all Majkowski, Favre, Rodgers, & Flynn.

Edited by Buffalo86

4 hours ago, dlonce said:

Those were the days.

Regressing, that Rob Johnson switch,by Ralph Wilson,(partially based on that meaningless last game win) may have cost us a Super Bowl.

Flutie was, by far, a better QB, and I believe there never would have been a Music City Miracle.

Picking that clown up with a number one was arguably one of the largest mistakes this franchise has ever made.

I did agree with everything stated here except Ralph’s influence on the decision. EVERY THING.

5 hours ago, dlonce said:

Those were the days.

Flutie sucked in every playoff game he played.

Johnson played great and if not for that miracle....

And now you want to give Flutie a Super Bowl?  I would have settled for one playoff game where he didn’t suck out here and lose.

8 hours ago, billsintaiwan said:

That is crazy! Blackledge last won a game for the Chiefs early in the 1987 season...its been more than 30 years!!

3 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

Pretty close.  Starting Seneca Wallace for a game in '13 (and starting Scott Tolzien the next 2 weeks) ended a streak that began in '92.  Before that it was all Majkowski, Favre, Rodgers, & Flynn.

Farve was drafted by Atl.  It would only be the games Rodgers started.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Flutie sucked in every playoff game he played.

Johnson played great and if not for that miracle....

And now you want to give Flutie a Super Bowl?  I would have settled for one playoff game where he didn’t suck out here and lose.

You clearly do not remember the game.   Johnson was horrid in that game.   He was something like 10 of 25 for 100 yards and was Jevon Kearses ragdoll all game.   

14 hours ago, billsintaiwan said:

Didn't Flynn for the Packers toss 6 TDs against the Lions the one year and signed a big contract with the Seahawks.... as they drafted Russell Wilson?

2 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Didn't Flynn for the Packers toss 6 TDs against the Lions the one year and signed a big contract with the Seahawks.... as they drafted Russell Wilson?

That is true if memory serves. But that is more similar to how we got Johnson in the first place. He had a great last start of the season for the jags and looked like a qb. 

On 12/28/2017 at 11:32 AM, dneveu said:

That's pretty bizarre.  Quite the list actually

Alex Smith

Matt Cassel

Damon Huard

Tyler Thigpen

Trent Green

Elvis Grbac

Rich Gannon

Steve Bono

Joe Montana

Dave Krieg