Will Taylor ever learn to throw the ball away and avoid the sack?

Jerry Jabber

It is very frustrating seeing Taylor hold onto the ball way too long, not throw the ball away and take the sack. This happened multiple times during the game. On one play and first and ten, Taylor could have thrown the ball away, but instead holds onto it way too long, gets sacked for a fifteen yard loss and it becomes 2nd and 25. This happened again on a third down late in the game by which Taylor fumbled.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

It is very frustrating seeing Taylor hold onto the ball way too long, not throw the ball away and take the sack. This happened multiple times during the game. On one play and first and ten, Taylor could have thrown the ball away, but instead holds onto it way too long, gets sacked for a fifteen yard loss and it becomes 2nd and 25. This happened again on a third down late in the game by which Taylor fumbled.

Nooooooooo.

You simply cannot teach somebody who has made it to this level fundamental concepts like this.  He didn't learn it because he cannot learn it.

He is who is he is.  He doesn't need another OC or QB coach.  He needs to GO.

Taylor's best plays come from holding the ball too long, narrowly avoiding pass rushers, then hitting a big pass downfield.

Today he was unable to get away.  The Patriot defenders managed to get a hold of his feet, or just keep him trapped in the pocket (which has always been the most successful strategy for beating him.)

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Tony Romo made some very astute analysis during the game in a polite way when talking about TT.  Gave credit where due but also made criticisms that pointed out his weaknesses. 

Honestly used to hate Romo when he was with the Cowboys. His commentary however has won me over. He's smart. Wonder if he would be open be being a QB coach?

Edited by KelsaysLunchbox
  • Like (+1) 1

The sack was just terrible.

He should of thrown the DiMarco screen into the ground....the play was blown up from the start.. but he doesnt

He should of had Shady in the corner the EZ, ball should of been out before Shady made his cut, but he was late and it was a bad throw.

If you look at what Woods and Goodwin(who hasnt had Jimmy G throwing to him all season), have done you see that TT is holding back the receivers.   He's holding the offense back, not making it better.

Edited by billsfan714

16 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

A HS Qb should know to throw it away to avoid a sack.   I guess TT will get this by year 20 in his devlopment.

he just needs the right coordinater and system built around him, oh and his wrs and oline suck too. are there any other excuses im missing?

Edited by Pbomb

11 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

he just needs the right coordinater and system built around him, oh and his wrs and oline suck too. are there any other excuses im missing?

If he just had Dallas's offensive line, Gurley at RB, Gronk at TE, Julio, Antonio, AJ Green, Jordy Nelson, Hopkins at WR, he might take a team to a WC birth.   So thats what you need to surround him with.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

He's great at dancing around back there running in circles. He has no idea WTF he's doing when the pressure is around him.

• Like (+1) 1

Wait.......I thought Taylor threw for more yards than Brady today?...........damn goal posts keep movin'!:lol:

Funny that MG sealed the Bills fate with his TD today.........while the Bills were trying to use Mike Tolbert!

And the Rams.......who McD stocked with WR talent.........beat the Titans.......a bad loss for the Bills for their playoff chances.

And McD's hyper-conservatism reared it's ugly head with the 50 yd FG attempt on 4th and 1 from the Pats 32!:lol:

Rough look for ol' McD today!   

Show us you can learn, Sean.:thumbsup:

Edited by BADOLBILZ

4 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

He's great at dancing around back there running in circles. He has no idea WTF he's doing when the pressure is around him.

I beg to differ: he has no idea what to do in a clean pocket and knows to run when he feels the pressure 

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Wait.......I thought Taylor threw for more yards than Brady today?...........damn goal posts keep movin'!:lol:

Funny that MG sealed the Bills fate with his TD today.........while the Bills were trying to use Mike Tolbert!

And the Rams.......who McD stocked with WR talent.........beat the Titans.......a bad loss for the Bills for their playoff chances.

And McD's hyper-conservatism reared it's ugly head with the 50 yd FG attempt on 4th and 1 from the Pats 32!:lol:

How many 15 yard sacks did Brady take today?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Bills lose= Blame the QB. 

It goes way beyond that which most Bills fans turn a blind eye to.

Today yes we can.  

Did you listen to Romo at all during the game.  He was spot on all game foretelling plays before the snap.  

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It’s his 7th year in the league. This is who he is. We probably saw him at his ceiling his first year as a starter.

I completely agree. He’s not terrible, but he can’t get a team where it wants to go. He should be a quality back up for 5-6 more years. Just not under current contract numbers with the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Do you think Taylor played well today?

No he wont. And it will hurt the team thay signs him in March

41 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It’s his 7th year in the league. This is who he is. We probably saw him at his ceiling his first year as a starter.

Dont say that too loud there are alot that dont want to hear that

Just now, jmc12290 said:

How many 15 yard sacks did Brady take today?

You are calling for Taylor to be benched when he's got like 12 TD's and zero turnovers in his career against Miami?:flirt:

Really?:lol:

You are officially at the clown-level of those who wonder if the Bills can get Tony Romo as their QB coach.:lol:

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

You are calling for Taylor to be benched when he's got like 12 TD's and zero turnovers in his career against Miami?:flirt:

Really?:lol:

You are officially at the clown-level of those who wonder if the Bills can get Tony Romo as their QB coach.:lol:

I see you didn't answer the question.  Perhaps slow down on your emoji binge, homie.

10 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I completely agree. He’s not terrible, but he can’t get a team where it wants to go. He should be a quality back up for 5-6 more years. Just not under current contract numbers with the Bills.

+1

TT gave us some exciting plays but it's time to move on.

FR A G I L E       Sounds Italian.  Could be anything in there, could be a Bowling Alley.

Merry Christmas to all Bills Fans wherever you are!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Bills lose= Blame the QB. 

It goes way beyond that which most Bills fans turn a blind eye to.

You are right it goes beyond Taylor. Clay dropped an easy TD. They took away the Benjamin score. The defense couldnt slow down the Pats. There was no pass rush. Taylor looked decent to start and then he went back to his old habits....holding on to the ball too long, rolling out of the pocket to take a sack, and not seeing open WR's. When he was waiting for a dump pass on the other side of the field to McCoy to open up you can see two open WR's standing there. Benjamin didnt have a defender within 5 yards of him. Romo pointed out multiple times where Taylor was late to throw the ball. He even pointed to a Bills WR running up the sideline with a step on his man saying "this is the NFL, that receiver is open"

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

If you look at what Woods and Goodwin (who hasnt had Jimmy G throwing to him all season), have done you see that TT is holding back the receivers.   He's holding the offense back, not making it better.

Actually, the crew announcing the Jags/49ers game made a point to tell us that in THREE years with the Bills, Goodwin had 40-something catches, but THIS YEAR with the Niners he already has 50-something catches.

Why do so many players STINK when they are with the Bills, then go somewhere else and become much better players. Are the Bills a cancer? LOL

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I see you didn't answer the question.  Perhaps slow down on your emoji binge, homie.

The same amount as Brady threw pick sixes? :huh:  

Btw..........anymore inside info like your source that said the Bills were going to cut Lesean McCoy last offseason?  

Remember that?    Hot "insider" tip there........ho ho homie!:lol::lol::lol:

You are a complete joke dude.........sorry to tell you.:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The same amount as Brady threw pick sixes? :huh:  

Btw..........anymore inside info like your source that said the Bills were going to cut Lesean McCoy last offseason?  

Remember that?    Hot "insider" tip there........ho ho homie!:lol::lol::lol:

You are a complete joke dude.........sorry to tell you.:thumbsup:

I know you have been defending Tyrod for sometime, but it's hard not to watch that game and see that he spit the bit whenever the pressure increased. He's adequate, but he's not someone who is going deliver winning results over the long run. He's just not that guy.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

IN the first game Romo called he said Taylor takes the sack to keep his passing stats up. I tell no lie. It is an incomplete you see. But a sack doesn't show up in those passing stats that are often quoted.

My brother and I always say Tyrod is the guy who won't shoot the basketball at the end of a quarter/half, he don't want to hurt his shooting percentage.