ESPN predicts Alex Smith as starting Bills QB in 2018.

PIZ

3 hours ago, blacklabel said:

If they do trade for him (or any QB) I still hope they draft and try to develop one. People get tired of seeing Tyrod dump it off to the backs now, gah, I wouldn't wanna see the reaction when Smith does that all game. Can't remember what year it was but the Chiefs went the entire season (or nearly the entire season) without any single one of their wide receivers catching a TD pass.

They won a bunch of games that year and made the playoffs. Do WR TDs count more than other TDs? There are no style points in football.

Alex would look great in a Bills suit.

3 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Might as well resign Fitz, cheaper and same player.  :wub:

LOL. Just LOL. :lol:

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

bills defense is ranked 23rd yardage-wise this year. chiefs are 28th..... but the chiefs actually give up less ppg than buffalo this year. takeaways favor bills 23 to 21. again no big difference. so I don't agree that the chiefs defense has been noticeably worse than buffalo. both defenses have been bad for the most part, both tend to make up for it with taking the ball away at a solid clip.

and i'm here to tell you that if the taylor and the bills offense had the luxury of the 7th best scoring defense last year like the chiefs did they may not have won 12 games but 10 to 11 wins is easily conceivable.

Dude just stop it already Tyrod is a backup QB period , you shut down the running and we're DONE ,  with 8 and 9 man in the box and we still try to run why you think that is ? defenses still have to account for A Smith passing game can you say the same about Tyrod??????

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

Dude just stop it already Tyrod is a backup QB period , you shut down the running and we're DONE ,  with 8 and 9 man in the box and we still try to run why you think that is ? defenses still have to account for A Smith passing game can you say the same about Tyrod??????

I don't want tyrod back.... you apparently are missing the point.... which is without an elite defense and run game smith is only marginally more effective than taylor. I don't want either qb.

2 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

I want nothing to do with Smith or any other journeyman QB. I'd do what Washington did and take a QB round 1 and another in round 3. Let those 2 and Peterman fight it out. You ask any QB and they'll tell you "The only way to learn how to play in the NFL is to PLAY in the NFL". Sitting a QB for a year is wasting time. If he gets gun shy or loses confidence then he wasn't going to make it anyways.

I agree.  You want the guy starting right away, if he's the guy.  I don't know what you learn from a QB like Smith or TT--certainly not the habits you want the new QB to display.  If you have Brett Farve ahead of your guy like Rodgers did then sitting may work, otherwise, I like the DC idea.    

Smith is an upgrade over Taylor.  He's having the best year of his career right now as he's one of those rare quarterbacks that seems to get better every year even into his mid 30's.  If the Chiefs want to dump him and move on to Mahomes, sign him asap.  Drafting a QB should still be a top priority though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

So, Mahones will be ready day 1 year 2.....??????

Why not?  It was smart of KC to give a full year.  Better than throwing him in on Day 1 of Year 1 like so many teams do.

KC is in cap hell next year.  Trading 17 million of Alex Smith's contract and getting a probable 2-3 round pick is smart.

As to the Bills getting Smith.  I kind of like it.  It would be only 1 year left on his contract for 17 million.

Sit our new 1st round pick and Peterman.

Now if we were forced to sign Smith to a longer term contract, unless we had an out after the 1st year, I wouldn't like that.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I don't want tyrod back.... you apparently are missing the point.... which is without an elite defense and run game smith is only marginally more effective than taylor. I don't want either qb.

Forget about defenses we’re compering the 2 QB’s , As far as a pocket passer A Smith is head and shoulders above Tyrod , they’re not even on the same level , one is a starter and one is a backup ,,,

26 minutes ago, Direhard Fan said:

He is old and past his prime.  TT is the team leader and the players love him.  He doesn't turn the ball over and has great wheels.  Draft our future and let TT stay another year.   

It’s like a Brocken record , he doesent turn the ball over , hard worker people love him , except the Bills are 32nd ( the worst ) passing , 

• Like (+1) 1