ESPN predicts Alex Smith as starting Bills QB in 2018.

PIZ

I want nothing to do with Smith or any other journeyman QB. I'd do what Washington did and take a QB round 1 and another in round 3. Let those 2 and Peterman fight it out. You ask any QB and they'll tell you "The only way to learn how to play in the NFL is to PLAY in the NFL". Sitting a QB for a year is wasting time. If he gets gun shy or loses confidence then he wasn't going to make it anyways.

• Like (+1) 2

Lets not forget about Kelse in his prime and Hill who are among the top 10 in the AFC for yards after catch.

When 30 year old Alex Smith had the likes of a rookie Kelse, Dwayne Bowe, Albert Wilson, Jason Avant,  Jamal Charles etc... his state line was:
3265 Yrs, 65.3%, 18 TDs, 6 INT, 93.4 QBR  over 16 games

For Comparison - 28 year old Tyrod with this group of receivers and McCoy...
2961 Yards, 62.8%, 16.64TDs, 5 INTs, 89.1 QBR equalized over 16 games.

30 year old Smith appears marginally better than 28 year old Tyrod with similar offensive weapons - neither appears capable of competing with the Patriots in the AFC east.

Edited by DasNootz

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I would rather see my left testicle or Nate Peterman start at QB for the Bills in 18 than Tyrod or Smith. FFS.  I need a drink.  FU ESPN. Rodent probably planted this BS story.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

if they believed NP is a viable option why isnt he the starter right now?

oh yea because they tried, and he came in and had a record setting bad performance

I dont think NP is horrible, but I sure as **** dont want to go into next year with him being the anointed starter lol

Don't assume we won't see NP again this season, as soon as the 2nd half of the Pats game.

I still think nobody can fairly judge NP based on the circumstances of the two games he's started this year.

Either way we'll find out exactly what McD and Beane think of NP by next April because still believe there is less than a 1% chance TT is on the roster even if this team somehow makes the playoffs. Doesn't mean NP is guaranteed to be the guy if TT is released/traded, but what they do to replace TT will say a lot especially if they sign another journeyman QB and/or draft a QB in the mid late rounds instead of 1st round.

41 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

I want nothing to do with Smith or any other journeyman QB. I'd do what Washington did and take a QB round 1 and another in round 3. Let those 2 and Peterman fight it out. You ask any QB and they'll tell you "The only way to learn how to play in the NFL is to PLAY in the NFL". Sitting a QB for a year is wasting time. If he gets gun shy or loses confidence then he wasn't going to make it anyways.

He's played for 2 teams over a 12 year career.

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

Smith was an MVP favourite the first 6 games. Overall he's had a very good year. Yes he had a few bad games this year but so have all quarterbacks.

Im not saying smith is great but he's had some very nice moments in his careeer. He's thrown for over 300 yards ,Twice in playoff games, with 4 and 5 touchdown games, and playoff wins.

TT hasn't done anything close to that 

I don't want Alex Smith but man if I had to choose him and his 300 plus yards games vs TT I sure as hell would.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/11/1/16591482/alex-smith-is-the-chiefs-midseason-mvp-and-its-not-close

1 minute ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I told the board last week this was going to happen.  My source was two days in front of ESPN.  Check  my post and the date of this article if you don't believe me. You called me a liar and now have been proven wrong again.

Nothing has been proven. ESPN, much like you, is just throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Why doesn't he play for SF and KC drafted a QB last year? HE SUCKS!

Who was that other guy who played for SF and KC .... name escapes me.  But he must have sucked ....