ESPN predicts Alex Smith as starting Bills QB in 2018.

PIZ

6 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

If the choice was between TT and Alex Smith then yes I'd certainly make the swap in a heartbeat.

However the more viable (and preferred) solution is to hand the offense over to Nathan Peterman and draft another mid round rookie to develop and be his backup.

I truly think NP is going to have a great offseason and be primed for a big year next year as the starter.

Good thinking, they would be a lock for 0-16 next year and the #1 overall pick which they could use to get the next great QB prospect if they followed your plan.....

15 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you think smith makes the playoffs with the bills teams that taylor has been on? I don't.....

think about those niners teams and then the chiefs... I truly believe there are about 20 qbs that could have won as many games as smith on those teams.  they just went 12-4 and the chiefs went out a traded up to draft a qb in the first!.... smith would probably be a slight upgrade but the cost increase would have to be slight as well.

The first part, probably not.

The 2nd part I disagree with.

Smith is a system QB who is extremely intelligent on the field. Not many QBS can do what he does with that offence.

It thrives off being accurate, and very smart. And let's be honest, TT is none of that lol.

So to answer your question i don't think Smith gets in with the Bills teams but would probably be a win better.

But I also don't think TT would be close to 12 and 4 with that Chiefs team last year nor 8 and 6 this year.

THe Bills defence this year is much better than the Chiefs and they both have an 8 and 6 overall record 

Edited by billsfan11

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Good thinking, they would be a lock for 0-16 next year and the #1 overall pick which they could use to get the next great QB prospect if they followed your plan.....

I don't think this team is going to be very good next year regardless because of the pending veteran roster purge and influx of draft picks.

And I still don't see this team wasting all their draft picks to try and move up to draft a QB anyway especially if they believe NP is a viable option.

Smith has put up better numbers for the most part this year and has shown he can throw it down field. They have incredible weapons in Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill. He likes to throw to the TE and the backs more than WR's allot like TT. He had to throw it more down the field since the brought in the rookie who will more than likely take his job at the end of the year. That being said he is a little bit of an upgrade over TT as a passer yet his athleticism is a little bit of a downgrade. He has shown he can be accurate at times as well as inaccurate in others and requires a ground game to run play action.

38 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Smith was an MVP favourite the first 6 games. Overall he's had a very good year. Yes he had a few bad games this year but so have all quarterbacks.

Im not saying smith is great but he's had some very nice moments in his careeer. He's thrown for over 300 yards ,Twice in playoff games, with 4 and 5 touchdown games, and playoff wins.

TT hasn't done anything close to that 

Career passer rating is 87 to Tyrods 91. They are both marginal with some very minor trade offs between them.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

The first part, probably not.

The 2nd part I disagree with.

Smith is a system QB who is extremely intelligent on the field. Not many QBS can do what he does with that offence.

It thrives off being accurate, and very smart. And let's be honest, TT is none of that lol.

So to answer your question i don't think Smith gets in with the Bills teams but would probably be a win better.

But I also don't think TT would be close to 12 and 4 with that Chiefs team last year nor 8 and 6 this year.

THe Bills defence this year is much better than the Chiefs and they both have an 8 and 6 overall record 

bills defense is ranked 23rd yardage-wise this year. chiefs are 28th..... but the chiefs actually give up less ppg than buffalo this year. takeaways favor bills 23 to 21. again no big difference. so I don't agree that the chiefs defense has been noticeably worse than buffalo. both defenses have been bad for the most part, both tend to make up for it with taking the ball away at a solid clip.

and i'm here to tell you that if the taylor and the bills offense had the luxury of the 7th best scoring defense last year like the chiefs did they may not have won 12 games but 10 to 11 wins is easily conceivable.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

6 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't think this team is going to be very good next year regardless because of the pending veteran roster purge and influx of draft picks.

And I still don't see this team wasting all their draft picks to try and move up to draft a QB anyway especially if they believe NP is a viable option.

I have not seen any viability on display from NP.  Just some horrendous decision making.  

You can’t fix stupid 

11 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

if they believed NP is a viable option why isnt he the starter right now?

oh yea because they tried, and he came in and had a record setting bad performance

I dont think NP is horrible, but I sure as **** dont want to go into next year with him being the anointed starter lol

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

bills defense is ranked 23rd yardage-wise this year. chiefs are 28th..... but the chiefs actually give up less ppg than buffalo this year. takeaways favor bills 23 to 21. again no big difference. so I don't agree that the chiefs defense has been noticeably worse than buffalo. both defenses have been bad for the most part, both tend to make up for it with taking the ball away at a solid clip.

and i'm here to tell you that if the taylor and the bills offense had the luxury of the 7th best scoring defense last year like the chiefs did they may not have won 12 games but 10 to 11 wins is easily conceivable.

Maybe, maybe not.

I respect your opinion and you even have brought stats to back your point, but I guess we'll agree to disagree on this one. 

I dont think smith is light years ahead but I personally think he's better