SUH punch no penalty?

ALLEN1QB

8 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

He is a dirty little tw*t of a player. That punch had force. It wasn't just swinging. Don't understand how anyone could think that it wasn't intentional, especially given his reputation. 

My opinion is it was unintentional.  It should have been a flag, but, doesn't warrant a suspension or fine.

I think it could be argued it looked intentional or not intentional.  I believe it was NOT intentional because why would anyone choose to punch someone in the helmet?  You can brake bones in your hand pretty easy doing that.  But, anything is possible.

Doesnt matter if it was intentional. Defensive players are not allowed to make ANY contact with a QBs head. We simply never get that call though.

I've seen it called against us, and then go ignored by the refs when it happens in the same game to us.

Complete BS, and another case of the Bills not getting the basic level of respect all teams should receive.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Manther said:

My opinion is it was unintentional.  It should have been a flag, but, doesn't warrant a suspension or fine.

I think it could be argued it looked intentional or not intentional.  I believe it was NOT intentional because why would anyone choose to punch someone in the helmet?  You can brake bones in your hand pretty easy doing that.  But, anything is possible.

Neither of us can prove it of course. To answer your question, Suh is an animal. And his arm is as thick as Tyrod's head. And he's wearing gloves. It probably hurt, but it hurt Tyrod, judging by his reaction, more. 

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

if you honestly think it looked intentional I find that I little silly.... I had no problems with no flag there.

Even if it was a accident you still can't make contact to QBs head. Intentional or not.

And knowing Suh's past that was intentional. He has become an expert at making dirty plays look accidental...

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Clearly intentional.    Draws his arm back to punch, makes fist, throws a straight jab into TT's face and looks toward McCoy to sell it as unintentional.    Frustration with the run-pass option.

This was the play where he jumped offsides. He knew he had jumped and the play was going to be dead. I don't think it was frustration with the play as much as he knew he didn't really need to tackle McCoy because the play was dead anyways. So he just made a half assed effort to tackle him but kept one arm free for the punch.

1 hour ago, DC Greg said:

This was the play where he jumped offsides. He knew he had jumped and the play was going to be dead. I don't think it was frustration with the play as much as he knew he didn't really need to tackle McCoy because the play was dead anyways. So he just made a half assed effort to tackle him but kept one arm free for the punch.

Yes great point I believe you are 100% right.   Suh is a devious bastard who is always looking for a way to get away with a cheap shot.

So far this year I have witnessed Tyrod hit late out of bounds, hit late at or below his knees, facemasked and punched in the jaw area of his helmet. All of these resulted in zero penalties. It's very similar to the complaints Cam had a few years ago. The NFL decides which marquee QB's to protect and the small market bottom feeders are on their own. This league has never been fair and equitable and never will be.....

5 hours ago, DC Greg said:

That was 100% intentional. He already knew the play was dead and he was offsides, so he didn't need to actually try to tackle McCoy. Saw a good chance to put a shot on Taylor that he might be able to get away with. It's how he does and who he is.

5 hours ago, kota said:

It was intentional.

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

From the video I posted it looks pretty damn intentional to me. You don't make a fist and swing that high for no reason.

Actually I just got off the phone with Ndonkeykong Suh, and he told me it was unintentional.

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And i am sure Fin fans steaming over the no call on a blatant OPI only to have it called on Landry later 

:lol: the Bills were clowning on Landry I loved it. He was clearly not focused on the game, Hyde was dancing over him every 3rd down tackle short of the sticks.

This new secondary's got an attitude.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Actually I just got off the phone with Ndonkeykong Suh, and he told me it was unintentional.

I think you misheard him. What he said was, "It was just as unintentional as when I stomped on Aaron Rodgers' arm."

(I'm with the NSA. I'm responsible for monitoring Suh's phone calls. Don't tell anyone, okay?)

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

All contact to the head on a QB is suppose to be flagged. I will not be stupid and say some QBs get more protection than others (Brady,Brees, and Rogers)  while some are neglected totally (Cam Newton). I don't know why some are completely neglected especially Cam as he is considered the future face of the NFL.

Isnt it only in the pocket? Essentially they are treated as defenseless when looking downfield. As a runner/blocker they can be hit in the head (within same legal bounds as any other player)

3 hours ago, DC Greg said:

That puts a lot on suh processing things in the moment. Whether or not you think he did it I have a hard time buying a complex sell in a split second. I’d venture it was just “suh smash” and the rest is us trying to create narratives 

8 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Easy for a ref to not see it.. I didn't see it in real time. I would expect discipline from the league, though.

What is funny is I missed it too and my GF seen it and said did you see that?

Then the replay and I did see it then and it should have been 15yds.

Thats why Jeromes crew won't be going to the playoffs.....too many missed or blown calls. 

Edited by JMF2006

8 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Easy for a ref to not see it.. I didn't see it in real time. I would expect discipline from the league, though.

The refs job on a run play is to watch the QB until the play moves downfield.  On passing plays, his/her job is to watch the QB from drop to release.  So, it's unclear how they missed that one because it was a clear shot to the head.