SUH punch no penalty?

ALLEN1QB

Just now, MAJBobby said:

At game speed as the play was going on your saw the hit to the head?

I did not see the entire game.  But it's pretty clear in the video that TT's head is hit.  You have SHU's arm going up, and TT's head going back.  Refs make $$ to catch that at game speed.  Yeah, it should have been caught during the game.  Only excuse is if the ref was looking somewhere else at the time (O-line, etc) .  

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

no. I think people get too butt hurt and sensitive around here. it doesn't look intentional. sorry. nothing about it looks malicious to me in the least.

Agree looked to me like he was wrapping up. Oooo Dont want Taylor to get hit dont run a read option

Just now, RyanC883 said:

I did not see the entire game.  But it's pretty clear in the video that TT's head is hit.  You have SHU's arm going up, and TT's head going back.  Refs make $$ to catch that at game speed.  Yeah, it should have been caught during the game.  Only excuse is if the ref was looking somewhere else at the time (O-line, etc) .  

I believe one of the zebra's sole job is to focus on the QB.

Didn't really look intentional to me. I think he was going for the tackle on Taylor and then saw the ball go to McCoy and shifted that way and his hand came up and whacked Taylor. But I agree with what some others have pointed out, intentional or not, shots to the QBs head are always supposed to be called. Yesterday's officiating was pretty bad. Missing that facemask on McCoy is inexcusable, I mean, those are the things these dingbats are paid to watch for. I also thought Landry should have gotten a PF for blocking a guy well out of bounds. He'd already been flagged once for unnecessary roughness and a second penalty of that nature would've seen him get ejected but I don't recall them stating during his first personal foul penalty that if he was flagged again for another PF he would be booted. Refs were not on their game yesterday. And that's been the case in way too many games this season. To me, it's the worst part of the game. I know it's not an easy job but perhaps it'd become a little easier if they overhauled the rulebook and wrote everything out in clear and concise terms. 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

And you have a handoff and Shady Shielding the ref from a clear view of Taylor. Also he is likely watching for a hold there or a facemask on Shady at that specific moment in time. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And you have a handoff and Shady Shielding the ref from a clear view of Taylor. Also he is likely watching for a hold there or a facemask on Shady at that specific moment in time. 

I'd agree.  If the ref had an obstructed view, that's one thing.  But if a ref saw it and missed it, wow.  

Although the ref's did miss a clear facemask on Shady in the game :)

48 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

if you honestly think it looked intentional I find that I little silly.... I had no problems with no flag there.

If you honestly didn't think it was intentional then you don't know Ndomokung Suh.  There are no accidents when he makes a dirty play.  It is always intentional.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

if your answer is no then i dont see how you can say no way the officials should miss that call

Completely different though. As fans we watch the game and the play. One officials job is literally to stare at the QB to see if there is roughing the passer/unnecessary roughness or not. What you said is not a good comparison at all.

There are tons of obvious mis calls in the NFL and that was one of them

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I'd agree.  If the ref had an obstructed view, that's one thing.  But if a ref saw it and missed it, wow.  

Although the ref's did miss a clear facemask on Shady in the game :)

Refs miss alot of calls. IE OPI on the TD pass to McCoy. But that is NFL Officials 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

if your answer is no then i dont see how you can say no way the officials should miss that call

This is why the officials are on the field,  feet from the players, and watching the game in 3 dimensions,  at 1:1 scale - and not sitting on a living room couch watching the game on a 55" flat screen.  Just because a fan watching the game on tv may not have seen it in real time,  doesn't mean that the ref who's sole job on the play is to watch the QB shouldn't have. 

2 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

This is why the officials are on the field,  feet from the players, and watching the game in 3 dimensions,  at 1:1 scale - and not sitting on a living room couch watching the game on a 55" flat screen.  Just because a fan watching the game on tv may not have seen it in real time,  doesn't mean that the ref who's sole job on the play is to watch the QB shouldn't have. 

Really his Sole Job is to watch the QB???? Wrong 

and if a fan misses it in Hi def on a huge screen with nothing else going around him then yes an official can miss something at field level with obstructed views 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, PIP said:

Can anybody tell me how Suh can punch TT in the jaw and there is no penalty can you imagine if that would have been Tom Brady

That's because there are a different set of rules for when you play NE vs the rest of the league.

5 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

How is it that an NHL official can tell if a puck hits a stick at 100 miles an hour yet an NFL ref cannot see a guys head recoiling from a punch or a facemask on a running back? 

Lol it's true. NFL has the worst officials. And on top of it, have the most complex unnecessary rules

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Really his Sole Job is to watch the QB???? Wrong 

and if a fan misses it in Hi def on a huge screen with nothing else going around him then yes an official can miss something at field level with obstructed views 

Primary job.  Better? 

Fans aren't paid to officiate games. He was.  I could clearly see Tyrods head snap backwards in real time on my TV. Boger should have seen it,  and flagged it. 

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

Primary job.  Better? 

Fans aren't paid to officiate games. He was.  I could clearly see Tyrods head snap backwards in real time on my TV. Boger should have seen it,  and flagged it. 

Again ball handed off his primary job is to RB, blocker and tackler. Not TT. 

And as i said missed calls all over the field on every sunday. Just not enoufh Refs on the field to officiate the over ruled sport 

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

Taylor is not Brady...

I would agree with that, but the rules are meant to be applied evenly. They don't say "if your team owner is Kraft and you have a #12 on your jersey then calls on the field must be changed when you tell the refs they got it wrong".

The advantage from calls that Brady seems to get every game is the reason I can't pick him as the GOAT.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Hard to say it was intentional.

Irrelevant. Hit a QB in the head, they throw the flag.

And even if intent was a factor, with Suh's history, he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

I don't know. I was still  steaming over the no call on Charles Harris hitting TT in the knees late after the ball was thrown a couple of plays before and the blatant face mask on Shady that was also not called. 

And i am sure Fin fans steaming over the no call on a blatant OPI only to have it called on Landry later 

We need to get Tyrod some acting classes I think if he went down like a heap and grabbed his head we might of got a pity call. Either way he grabbed his head and had to readjust his jaw. Regardless of intent that gets flagged in a normal game. For whatever reason the refs didn't want to throw flags yesterday and missed allot of calls on both sides. Our coach needs to learn when to call timeouts he kind of screwed us twice yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And i am sure Fin fans steaming over the no call on a blatant OPI only to have it called on Landry later 

OPIs don't physically hurt players. Unless of course your name is Gronkowski.

Edited by billsbackto81

16 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Did you see the slow mo vid posted?  Looked pretty deliberate hard hit to me. Yes though, there was really no excuse not to see the facemask. 

Dont care about slow motion zoomed in replays. That is not what Refs get to make a call 

13 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

OPIs don't physically hurt players. Unless of course your name is Gronkowski.

Neither does a play like happened from Suh to Tyrod 

unless your glass

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Do you have a link to that play? 

Nope but clearly pick on Bills to free up McCoy. And Landry does same thing later and gets called. Then makes a ref sad and next thing you know 1st and 35 

here is shadys missed OPI

Ian Wharton (@NFLFilmStudy)
Shady continues to kill Miami. This time with an open touchdown reception pic.twitter.com/tWpFuFS3lS
Edited by MAJBobby