SUH punch no penalty?

ALLEN1QB

2 minutes ago, PIP said:

not going to convince me it was not intentional either way intentional or not you can't punch a QB in the head and not get a penalty

if you honestly think it looked intentional I find that I little silly.... I had no problems with no flag there.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't think it was intentional but he still hit the head which I thought was illegal in any way?

Chris Kelsay got a roughing the passer penalty on Brady once when he was coming around the edge, went to swipe at the ball, missed and hit him in the shoulder.  The ref thought he made contact with the head so he threw the flag.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Hard to say it was intentional.

When considering Suh's history of "accidents", no, no its not difficult to say it was intentional.  Why is he trying to tackle the ball carrier with a closed fist?

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think it was intentional but he still hit the head which I thought was illegal in any way?

Chris Kelsay got a roughing the passer penalty on Brady once when he was coming around the edge, went to swipe at the ball, missed and hit him in the shoulder.  The ref thought he made contact with the head so he threw the flag.

Taylor is not Brady...

It doesn't have to be intentional for a flag to be thrown. How many times have we seen flags for inadvertent contact with Brady's helmet by a pass rusher with his arms up trying to block a pass?

For further league discipline,  I think intent would need to be shown. For what it's worth,  I believe it was intentional.  One of Suh's typical bush league plays. Guy is a scumbag. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

It doesn't have to be intentional for a flag to be thrown. How many times have we seen flags for inadvertent contact with Brady's helmet by a pass rusher with his arms up trying to block a pass?

For further league discipline,  I think intent would need to be shown. For what it's worth,  I believe it was intentional.  One of Suh's typical bush league plays. Guy is a scumbag. 

From the video I posted it looks pretty damn intentional to me. You don't make a fist and swing that high for no reason.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

if you honestly think it looked intentional I find that I little silly.... I had no problems with no flag there.

And I find it silly to believe a player with his history of dirty on field incidents gets the benefit of the doubt here. It looked intentional to me. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

And I find it silly to believe a player with his history of dirty on field incidents gets the benefit of the doubt here. It looked intentional to me. 

It almost appears he takes a swing at Mills there as well at the end?

F-Suh

Edited by Real McCoy

His left arm is on Shady and he tries to get his right hand over as fast as possible to grab Shady's fanny pack. You can see his wrist is not locked and folds back when it hits Taylor's helmet. He also has his helmet turn towards Shady before his right arm hits Taylor. It looks unintention to me.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

His left arm is on Shady and he tries to get his right hand over as fast as possible to grab Shady's fanny pack. You can see his wrist is not locked and folds back when it hits Taylor's helmet. He also has his helmet turn towards Shady before his right arm hits Taylor. It looks unintention to me.

100%

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

All contact to the head on a QB is suppose to be flagged. I will not be stupid and say some QBs get more protection than others (Brady,Brees, and Rogers)  while some are neglected totally (Cam Newton). I don't know why some are completely neglected especially Cam as he is considered the future face of the NFL.

That was 100% intentional. He already knew the play was dead and he was offsides, so he didn't need to actually try to tackle McCoy. Saw a good chance to put a shot on Taylor that he might be able to get away with. It's how he does and who he is.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was talking more about the personal foul/unsportsmanlike calls.

What was Landrys again for?  Ooo yeah mad an official upset 

NFL Officials are freaking HORRIBLE

that said at game speed i can ver easily see how it was missed 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

In real time I was ok with the no flag. That angle and slow motion are pretty damning, but I'm not going to get on the ref about it.

agreed.  real time hard to see.  The league should suspend him for at least 2 games.  That looks decently blatant on his part.  

2 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I thought Intent has nothing to do with a hit to the head of a QB?

it shouldn't.  You're right.  That should have been 15 yard hitting QB head.  Then suspension.  I think the refs must have been watching for holding or the hand-off.  I don't know how they miss that.  

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

agreed.  real time hard to see.  The league should suspend him for at least 2 games.  That looks decently blatant on his part.  

it shouldn't.  You're right.  That should have been 15 yard hitting QB head.  Then suspension.  I think the refs must have been watching for holding or the hand-off.  I don't know how they miss that.  

Did you see it ar Game Speed???? And say yes punched TT in the head???

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

no. I think people get too butt hurt and sensitive around here. it doesn't look intentional. sorry. nothing about it looks malicious to me in the least.

Ya it wasn't intentional. But was still a missed call regardless. You can't hit a QB in the head 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Did you see it ar Game Speed???? And say yes punched TT in the head???

at game speed, if the QB is hit in the head it's a penalty.  I don't think it looked like a "punch".   But that's what the post-game league review is for.  

Just now, RyanC883 said:

at game speed, if the QB is hit in the head it's a penalty.  I don't think it looked like a "punch".   But that's what the post-game league review is for.  

At game speed as the play was going on your saw the hit to the head?

if your answer is no then i dont see how you can say no way the officials should miss that call

Edited by MAJBobby