Alright, who wants a dome?

Roundybout

Dome??  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pegs build a dome?

The majority of the players in the NFL are from southern states.  It would be easier to convince them to play in Buffalo, if Buffalo had a dome, not to mention the possibility of getting a super bowl and the potential revenue for the city/area.

I’m pro-dome, I enjoy watching other teams play in the snow, but today’s game was hard to watch.

26 minutes ago, frogger said:

The majority of the players in the NFL are from southern states.  It would be easier to convince them to play in Buffalo, if Buffalo had a dome, not to mention the possibility of getting a super bowl and the potential revenue for the city/area.

I’m pro-dome, I enjoy watching other teams play in the snow, but today’s game was hard to watch.

Right, I want to see precision passes, Shady cutting on a dime or juking a guy out of his jock, even a 50+ yard FG is kind of exciting. 

Sure today was cool for a series or 2 then I was like ok I want to see some skill moves and plays.

Need a dome.

41 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

No I wouldn't. I'd be pissed the BUFFALO Bills didn't win the best snow game ever. That's what I'd be pissed about. 

Yeah, because the Bills are used to playing games with 8 inches of snow on the field.  No one plays in conditions like we played today. 

How many snow games have there been in Buffalo in the last several years?

Tasker, who's played quite a bit of football in Buffalo, said it was the worst he's ever seen.

Perhaps people are over reacting bit to the conditions?

This is how football should be played.  The elements should be part of the game.   Yeah, speed andprecision may suffer, but strength, coaching, mental fortitude become part of the game.  IMO, this was one of the most exciting games I've seen in years.   The refs let the teams play for once and the players fought tough as hell for the full game. There was an element of the unknown to every kick, pass, or run.  It was exciting and fun to watch.

No way should any team have a dome. 

Plan and simple, put a dome on this game and no one remembers it.  The weather made the game today.

Everyone remembers the 2007 snowbowl.  NE vs the Raiders for the start of their dynasty.  It's better when the elements are involved even when it could have been against us.  I watched a game today like a kid remembering what it was like to go out and play pick up ball with my friends in the snow.  Just felt right.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

Of course football was meant to be played this way.  Especially in Buffalo.  You frigging panzies.  Ask Green Bay fans if they want a dome.

The Buffalo Bills playing in a dome is sacrilege.  Might as well move them to frigging Toronto.

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Oh, you haven't remotely defended it.  You've stated your opinion...but your defense hasn't risen above "Snow spoiled my television viewing experience," which is well beyond stupid.

/clap

People indoors laying on their couch complaining. /smh

https://i.imgur.com/gxcvDID.gifv

Edited by QCity

I'm shocked how many voted for a dome.

I would have guessed the vote would be something like 185 No vs. 20 Yes

This is Buffalo, but there must be a bunch of fans from fair weather areas.

I just can't imagine watching that game and being unhappy with it.

9 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

Trash product?

Fun game, enjoyable and memorable for all.

It wasn't like a video game, but this is what separates football, they don't wimp out at the first drop of rain or flake of snow.

What is that last sentence even referring to? They don't wimp out? As opposed to?

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Plan and simple, put a dome on this game and no one remembers it.  The weather made the game today.

Everyone remembers the 2007 snowbowl.  NE vs the Raiders for the start of their dynasty.  It's better when the elements are involved even when it could have been against us.  I watched a game today like a kid remembering what it was like to go out and play pick up ball with my friends in the snow.  Just felt right.

Nothing you said here means anything. Maybe another meaningless game in December where the Bills are in the hunt is forgettable. Reminds you of playing pick up with your friends and just felt right... All are solid points.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

What is that last sentence even referring to? They don't wimp out? As opposed to?

As opposed to baseball was what I was thinking of particularly.

A drop of rain falls within 10 miles and they're calling games off.

NASCAR applies too I guess but that one makes sense with driving 200mph and all.

9 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

As opposed to baseball was what I was thinking of particularly.

A drop of rain falls within 10 miles and they're calling games off.

NASCAR applies too I guess but that one makes sense with driving 200mph and all.

I guess that's fair. I don't really feel too strongly one way or the other. If the team is good they'll be worth watching, inside or outside. The way the rules favor the offense, a team built for a dome playing in a dome seems like the way to build in my opinion.

28 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Nothing you said here means anything. Maybe another meaningless game in December where the Bills are in the hunt is forgettable. Reminds you of playing pick up with your friends and just felt right... All are solid points.

Apparently it meant enough for you to comment on it.

16 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah as opposed to actual good football i guess. 

I'm personally opposed to a monoculture in which every goddamn thing is the same and their is no room for quirks and oddness, like snowy venues in relatively unique cities. I'm not sure if you're from Buffalo, but I'd venture to guess that most here are and that they root for the CITY, with the team and sport being incidental. If the Bills left Buffalo, I'd never watchan NFL game again.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm personally opposed to a monoculture in which every goddamn thing is the same and their is no room for quirks and oddness, like snowy venues in relatively unique cities. I'm not sure if you're from Buffalo, but I'd venture to guess that most here are and that they root for the CITY, with the team and sport being incidental. If the Bills left Buffalo, I'd never watchan NFL game again.

Ooo no the typical your not from here post because i called the weather what it was yesterday and the game what it was yesterday 

Dome, please. The venue can be used year round no matter the weather.

I'm a 10 yr STH and stayed home today simply because of the weather (the fact the it was Brisset v Peterman didn't help). If it was a dome game, I would have used my tickets. Some would call this soft, but after the Saints and Pats stinkers, I didn't feel like freezing to death watching a crappy game with the potential to lose.

I'll take a dome any day. If I lived out of town and didn't attend games, then I'd probably vote no dome.

Screw the dome. This game is meant for the elements. Yesterday was one of the things that makes this area great. Best thing is my house is still standing like it always is after a blizzard. No floods. Earthquakes. Brush fires. Tornados or Hurricanes. No dome. Roofs are for the hockey crowd.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Screw the dome. This game is meant for the elements. Yesterday was one of the things that makes this area great. Best thing is my house is still standing like it always is after a blizzard. No floods. Earthquakes. Brush fires. Tornados or Hurricanes. No dome. Roofs are for the hockey crowd.

Yeah i am sure Pegula’s LOVED the 1/3rd filled Stadium in a game that Bills need to win to keep their season alive. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I'm torn. I love the idea of a dome for all the other uses but my gut says this is Buffalo, WHEN we return to true contention, snow is supposed to be our advantage.

IMO, the 'other uses' for a dome is overstated.  There really aren't many events that a dome would service that the combination of the arena and outdoor football stadium can handle.  Pop an amphitheater downtown and that would cover about everything.   MAYBE Buffalo would someday get a final 4, but even that is a long shot.  We aren't getting those high stakes college games that Atlanta, Dallas, and even Indy grab.     

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

You think they liked losing the $$$$ with a 1/3rd stadium?

Newsflash this is a Business

The stadium had 60k there, I would know I was there and they probably only had a 4-5k in tickets not sold total. Second the NFL gets and makes its money from the TV deals and sponsors now not ticket sales.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

The stadium had 60k there, I would know I was there and they probably only had a 4-5k in tickets not sold total. Second the NFL gets and makes its money from the TV deals and sponsors now not ticket sales.

The entire upper deck and most of the lower bowl was empty by the 4th

4 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Please Corta. Your using intellect to make a well thought out counter argument. Maj Bobbys gonna have a mental meltdown. Logic is to Major Bobby as a stake in the heart is to a vampire.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

We are 7th in the league in attendance and we did have an epic game day blizzard but I suppose that doesnt matter at the psych ward does it?

Edited by THEHARDTRUTH
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Please Corta. Your using intellect to make a well thought out counter argument. Maj Bobbys gonna have a mental meltdown. Logic is to Major Bobby as a stake in the heart is to a vampire.

We are 7th in the league in attendance and we did have an epic game day blizzard but I suppose that doesnt matter at the psych ward does it?

Might want to check yourself in then if you don't think the lower bowl was half empty in the 4th

11 minutes ago, corta765 said:

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Many left early, but about 60k bought tickets and went to the game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201712100buf.htm

Edited by WhoTom

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Might want to check yourself in then if you don't think the lower bowl was half empty in the 4th

I didnt say the upper deck wasnt empty in the 4th did I? Think it might have had something to do with people leaving early in the middle of a major weather event so they could get home alive? Now I know what its like to have a debate with Charlie Manson.

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And again all the free money that is not shared left early too

You have now entered THE TWILIGHT ZONE!

3 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

I didnt say the upper deck wasnt empty in the 4th did I? Think it might have had something to do with people leaving early in the middle of a major weather event so they could get home alive? 

This was the exact scenario. Our section was full at kickoff, the only empty spaces were the upper deck corners. People began filtering out almost immediately, because it was definitely not going to get any better out weather wise.

4 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

I didnt say the upper deck wasnt empty in the 4th did I? Think it might have had something to do with people leaving early in the middle of a major weather event so they could get home alive? Now I know what its like to have a debate with Charlie Manson.

You have now entered THE TWILIGHT ZONE!

Whats the goal in Business???