Alright, who wants a dome?

Roundybout

Dome??  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pegs build a dome?

45 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I’m shocked anyone would want a dome. Sure, if today’s game happened every week, it would suck. But it rarely happens and when it does embrace it. Buffalo = snow

Suck it up buttercups. 

Or when we get a good QB it becomes a huge disadvantage, but hey what do I know. I’m only watching the Eagles and Rams play a hell of a game 

18 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

If today's game were in a dome, it would be just another forgettable game between two forgettable teams. Add in some lake effect snow and we have a game everyone will remember. They will be showing clips of this game for years to come. 

Yea. I probably won’t remember this one. Or if I do it will be oh yea the **** football game where it snowed a lot. 

Id rather remember games for  actual football. Not the weather

Edited by CountDorkula

14 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Not trying to be an ass on replying back to you. I just don't understand it?  This is all I've known from growing up in Tonawanda, NY and what I love about football in December with the Bills. It's a element growing up playing HS, peewee and pick up backyard football that I love.  It's a element myself and 2/3rds of the fans on this poll do not want to see gone. 

The Biils won as McCoy is better than Gore and our D actually played well. Coach will have his team better prepared for these games in the future the longer he is here.

Lets not get twisted the Bills won because a Great FG kicker missed two FGs in the weather

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Life is not lived in a vacuum. A bubble.

A kicker who played 90% career in a dome.

Needs to learn to kick in snow!

So the Bills won because the Weather impacted the skills of a good player. 

Yeah what a great football game. Lol again i want to watch that type of game i will turn on an Army vs Navy game

39 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Plenty of skill shown from Shady and Benjamin. 

Quarterbacks had to be nearly flawless when throwing the ball given that it was so slick

We pressured Brisset a lot today. Ryan Davis had a very nice sack.

Plenty of skill. 

I suggest you watch Carolina/Minnesota or Philly/LA. That is a ton of skill. 

What happened between Buffalo and Indy is what we did as kids when school got cancelled. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Lets not get twisted the Bills won because a Great FG kicker missed two FGs in the weather

You just illustrated the exact point I'm trying to make. If Pagano was a smart coach he never tries kicking those attempts. But he undermined the elements as most Dome coaches would.

Just now, Doc said:

The weather helped the Colts keep it closer than it should have been. 

Yes and they should have then won the game and Bills season over. Then i wonder if all these people that think this was a great game would be saying 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yes and they should have then won the game and Bills season over. Then i wonder if all these people that think this was a great game would be saying 

It wasn't a great game, outside of the outcome. 

Just now, Real McCoy said:

You just illustrated the exact point I'm trying to make. If Pagano was a smart coach he never tries kicking those attempts. But he undermined the elements as most Dome coaches would.

As much as i want the Bills to win next week and keep their playoff hopes alive i would just love to see what all thse people that love the game have the Phins win on some weather related thing ending the Bills season 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Why should they have won the game? Because they committed a penalty on the 2 point conversion? It should have been an OT game and it was. And the Bills won.

55 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

"fluke plays and not utilizing players skills"  LOL It's called football. How don't people realize the players with the better skillz still shine if not more in games like these?

It's crazy some of you guys are Bills fans. Make a petition to start the regular season in June to the NFL. Better yet let's just play all games in northern Cali were it's 70 and sunny everyday.

It's our advantage to ensure we have a stud running back to weather these conditions like you seen today. So when teams come to "OUR house" we own them in our home conditions.

This has been going on since 1960 and people are surprised?

Hahahahahahaha. You think either team has an advantage? The Bills practice in a dome they don’t proactive in this. If anything this evens the playing field

1 minute ago, Jackington said:

Why should they have won the game? Because they committed a penalty on the 2 point conversion? It should have been an OT game and it was. And the Bills won.

Eithout the weather Colts get two FGs in regulation 

Just now, Jackington said:

That is asinine. How many times did both teams go for it on 4th down to affect that? That is not even close to a logical conclusion. 

Again they lined ip for Two FGs and missed two FGs did they not?  And now tell me weather didnt effect that?

Just now, Doc said:

Because everything else stays the same, right? SMH. 

The argument i am making is it was a crap game because you are jot seeing the best of these athletes 

Eithout the weather Colts get two FGs in regulation 

Without the weather, everything changes. Shady gets more yards. Nate completes more passes (maybe). The whole game dynamic is different in this weather, not just a couple of FG attempts. 

4 hours ago, Maynard said:

Not in Minnesota, that’s a dome

If Buffalo has to have a dome, I'd use the Vikings stadium as a model.  I was there this summer and it is impressive.  

It's not a retractable roof, but it does have massive doors on the front that can be opened and is designed specially to let in light.  It definitely felt like I was outside, while sitting inside.

http://www.vikings.com/news/new-stadium/article-1/Innovative-Roof-Makes-US-Bank-Stadium-Lighten-Up/472f5cb5-d803-4dba-8541-3e6c9c6f4f3a

"Clear is the new retractable," said Vikings executive vice president for stadium development Lester Bagley, repeating a slogan coined as the design was revealed more than two years ago.

The transparent roof on the south side will be complemented by five 95-foot tall pivoting glass doors on the front of the building, letting actual fresh air in on warm days. With high-definition televisions at home serving as stiff competition for ticket sales in a northern climate where sunny autumn afternoons are savored, natural light was a high priority. The memory of the Teflon-covered Metrodome, cozy and quirky but dingy, was still fresh.

"The easy way out would have been a simple roof," said Kevin Taylor, the senior vice president at HKS Architects who's managing the project for the Dallas-based firm. "This'll be one of those well-recognized buildings in the industry. We think the perception of sitting in a facility enjoying a game when it's either raining or snowing outside and still feeling like you're experiencing an outdoor stadium is going to be phenomenal."

As for the notion that snow makes things safer, I disagree.  It's super easy to twist an ankle on snow that's packed uneven and falling on hard packed snow / ice / frozen turf sucks.  These are multi-million dollar athletes, seems crazy risk them in such bad conditions.

That said, I do love the Buffalo snow and the notion of playing outside.  But I *really* get the argument for a nice, modern indoor stadium...

Just now, WhoTom said:

Without the weather, everything changes. Shady gets more yards. Nate completes more passes (maybe). The whole game dynamic is different in this weather, not just a couple of FG attempts. 

So a better football game with the athletes showing their skills 

Again they lined ip for Two FGs and missed two FGs did they not?  And now tell me weather didnt effect that?

The argument i am making is it was a crap game because you are jot seeing the best of these athletes 

Their kicker was like 50% in Buffalo before today. So yeah.

And if you can't comprehend why they wouldn't have had those opportunities without the snow, you are hopeless. Other posters realize the weather affected game decisions that led to short fields. 

This was the best Bills game I have seen in a decade. 

Their kicker was like 50% in Buffalo before today. So yeah.

And if you can't comprehend why they wouldn't have had those opportunities without the snow, you are hopeless. Other posters realize the weather affected game decisions that led to short fields. 

This was the best Bills game I have seen in a decade. 

Then go watch Army Navy if you think that was a great football game

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Japanese wabi-sabi:

"Japanese philosophy of wabi-sabi, which calls for seeing beauty in the flawed or imperfect."

That conflicts with the Western New York philosophy of "I'm so done with this team," which calls for whining about every little damned thing that isn't perfect.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So a better football game with the athletes showing their skills 

Tell that to Benjamin or McCoy.

You want to hate the game, fine, hate the game.  But don't be completely retarded about it, and ESPECIALLY don't pretend to some grand insight the hoi polloi are lacking when you are being retarded about it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That conflicts with the Western New York philosophy of "I'm so done with this team," which calls for whining about every little damned thing that isn't perfect.

I still think they have a snowball's chance in hell winning in Foxboro.  But I am hoping for a snow game again in two weeks!!!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Were sorry the game didn't meet your high standards. Try madden?

No enjoyed LA Philly or any other football game on today that allowed the players to show their skills they get paid Millions for

Just now, DC Tom said:

Tell that to Benjamin or McCoy.

You want to hate the game, fine, hate the game.  But don't be completely retarded about it, and ESPECIALLY don't pretend to some grand insight the hoi polloi are lacking when you are being retarded about it.

Yeah lets ask benjamin how the uneven footing helped his knee today

I can appreciate that. At least you found it entertaining!  I just think Buffalo loses a lot identity without the weather. Every football game becomes the same.

I called it caveman football when it was still coming down because the game was reduced to just who could carry the ball further.