Alright, who wants a dome?

Roundybout

Dome??  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pegs build a dome?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

No enjoyed LA Philly or any other football game on today that allowed the players to show their skills they get paid Millions for

Yeah lets ask benjamin how the uneven footing helped his knee today

So it's no longer "I want to see athletes showing their skills," but now "I don't want to see athletes get injured?"  

And if it turns out the snow helped his knee, because his foot slid and kept it from twisting too drastically...where do you want to move those goalposts to then?  "I don't want to see offensive linemen's nipples get hard in the cold?"

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No enjoyed LA Philly or any other football game on today that allowed the players to show their skills they get paid Millions for

Yeah lets ask benjamin how the uneven footing helped his knee today

Yeah, how did that regular field help Benjamins knee when he first hurt it?

Logic is not your strong suit...

21 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So the Bills won because the Weather impacted the skills of a good player. 

Yeah what a great football game. Lol again i want to watch that type of game i will turn on an Army vs Navy game

By this logic, the Bills would have lost in a dome.

Football is a fall sport. Never intended to be played in winter. Only the need for profit results in football played in winter.

There is a reason NCAA bowl games are played primarily in the south in better fall like weather. It makes it watchable and it attracts fans.

Dome or go home. Buffalo new stadium needs to be a dome.

Edited by cba fan

Just now, DC Tom said:

So it's no longer "I want to see athletes showing their skills," but now "I don't want to see athletes get injured?"  

And if it turns out the snow helped his knee, because his foot slid and kept it from twisting too drastically...where do you want to move those goalposts to then?  "I don't want to see offensive linemen's nipples get hard in the cold?"

So you telling me you saw 100 percent of the Skills Benjamin Shady and the other 20 football players on the field?

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

By this logic, the Bills would have lost in a dome.

Lets see i think i said something about this already

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

So you telling me you saw 100 percent of the Skills Benjamin Shady and the other 20 football players on the field?

You're telling me it's a bad game if you don't see 100% of everyone's skills on the field?    :lol:

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Lets see i think i said something about this already

Yeah you said something about skillz being a be all and end all

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yeah that was a bad and boring football game. Sorry it was in my opinion and ready for a Dome

If that's your measure, you must not see very many good football games, then.

But I'm sure a friggin' dome will fix that.  :wacko:

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah you want cookie cutter perfection.  A bit OCD.  To me, that's boring... And I can be pretty OCD.

Agree to disagree

No i want the game to be decided by the players 

not the weather or the refs or some other outside entity. 

The players if thats cookie cutter so be it

It would be cool if there was some kind of radiant heat under the turf with proper sized drains on the side lines. But today was awful to watch. Snow during a game is nice, it looks nice falling, but 12" on the field is a bit much and watching a white out on tv sucked as well.  . I was never for a dome, but in a game like this it would be nice.

And since when do the bills not have some plows and roating brushes to clean the field? I thought for sure at half time they would be clearing the field.

16 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Football is a fall sport. Never intended to be played in winter. Only the need for profit results in football played in winter.

There is a reason NCAA bowl games are played primarily in the south in better fall like weather. It makes it watchable and it attracts fans.

Dome or go home. Buffalo new stadium needs to be a dome.

No, they are played that way because you don't want weather to be advantage on a neutral site.  Weather has historically been an andvatge for Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan3482 said:

It would be cool if there was some kind of radiant heat under the turf with proper sized drains on the side lines. But today was awful to watch. Snow during a game is nice, it looks nice falling, but 12" on the field is a bit much and watching a white out on tv sucked as well.  . I was never for a dome, but in a game like this it would be nice.

And since when do the bills not have some plows and roating brushes to clean the field? I thought for sure at half time they would be clearing the field.

Like Lambeau... Hybrid real grass mixed in w/fake turf.

29 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Without the weather, everything changes. Shady gets more yards. Nate completes more passes (maybe). The whole game dynamic is different in this weather, not just a couple of FG attempts. 

Not true, he may have gotten less. How many of his runs were because of poor play by the defence and not being able to get good footing in the snow? Or because someone slipped going after him? They also ran the football way more then they would have had the weather not been as bad. It is true, everything changes on a better field.

As for the FGs, still a chance he misses one or 2, they kept mentioning how he hasn't kicked well in Buffalo

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I have made my opinion and defended my stance. 

Oh, you haven't remotely defended it.  You've stated your opinion...but your defense hasn't risen above "Snow spoiled my television viewing experience," which is well beyond stupid.

• Like (+1) 2

I think there might be some practical concerns with a domed stadium in Buffalo.  Nov 2014, seven foot of snow fell in Orchard Park.  Can domes safely handle that weight?  And if they can, can they be built to also be retractable?  I doubt it.  Maybe some mechanical engineers can weigh in but I suspect the choice is a super heavy duty, non-retractable dome, or open air.  I hate the idea of losing the outdoors feel at games, and say no to a dome.

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Oh, you haven't remotely defended it.  You've stated your opinion...but your defense hasn't risen above "Snow spoiled my television viewing experience," which is well beyond stupid.

Got it. Let me just get in line with your thinking. Yes keep the open air stadium. There now you can shut up

11 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I think there might be some practical concerns with a domed stadium in Buffalo.  Nov 2014, seven foot of snow fell in Orchard Park.  Can domes safely handle that weight?  And if they can, can they be built to also be retractable?  I doubt it.  Maybe some mechanical engineers can weigh in but I suspect the choice is a super heavy duty, non-retractable dome, or open air.  I hate the idea of losing the outdoors feel at games, and say no to a dome.

That's why you open it when it snows!

People would go insane...  I would love it!

Stops snowing, close it and melt the snow.  :lol:

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was fun until the Colts tied it up. 

They coulda went for two.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

20 minutes ago, billsfan3482 said:

The brushes were for older turf. They were using them for a bery short time on the rubber ball turf fields but they ruin the turf by picking up all the balls. It's a disaster. 

It was great. I love games where weather matters. IF every game was like this, it's an issue. But almost no games are. 

Enjoy it. It is, after all, a game. And as any kid who played football from Buffalo can attest, it was fun and relatable watching that today. 

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's why you open it when it snows!

People would go insane...  I would love it!

Stops snowing, close it an melt the snow.  :lol:

They coulda went for two.

Retractable would not allow much snow in. Not worth it. 

Screw the dome. The dome people are probably the same folks who were complaining earlier this year about people not sitting down during the games!

49 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So a better football game with the athletes showing their skills 

I get your point and to an extent, I agree. I wouldn't want every game to look like this, but for as often as it happens (which isn't a lot), it's an interesting twist.

I don’t like snow games with these as on on the line and every guy on the field is doing something completely foreign to them.  None of them played football today.  Looked like a game of Luckball to me. To each is their own.  I enjoyed the game due to us winning and staying alive.  I would’ve preferred to play the game in light snow or in a dome.  What I saw out there today didn’t look like football to me.  

7 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

The brushes were for older turf. They were using them for a bery short time on the rubber ball turf fields but they ruin the turf by picking up all the balls. It's a disaster. 

It was great. I love games where weather matters. IF every game was like this, it's an issue. But almost no games are. 

Enjoy it. It is, after all, a game. And as any kid who played football from Buffalo can attest, it was fun and relatable watching that today. 

Retractable would not allow much snow in. Not worth it. 

Screw the dome. The dome people are probably the same folks who were complaining earlier this year about people not sitting down during the games!

I rarely ever sit down when I go to a Bills game, I’d love a retractable dome for games like this.  You nelly it now!, but if T.Y. didn’t get called for the pick play than you’d be pissed that we played this game in these conditions and our season ended because of it.  If you’re not pissed than you should be sitting down watching the game with the rest

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t like snow games with these as on on the line and every guy on the field is doing something completely foreign to them.  None of them played football today.  Looked like a game of Luckball to me. To each is their own.  I enjoyed the game due to us winning and staying alive.  I would’ve preferred to play the game in light snow or in a dome.  What I saw out there today didn’t look like football to me.  

There is nothing lucky about winter driving and not crashing. It's called: skill

Same here.

people should also be reminded that this is an example of the extreme.  i dont think anybody is advocating for this to be a weekly happening.  in 35 years of watching games in orchard park, i have never seen anything like this.  it was a novelty, a rare occurrence.  it almost reminded me of an nhl outdoor game.  the players looked like kids playing backyard winter football.  few flags, no replays, every inch couldnt be nitpicked...   it was fun to watch.  ill remember it as long as im around 

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't think anyone minds having some snow during the game or on the field, but today was ridiculous and it affected the quality of the play on the field.

The game becomes a battle of who can make it through without making a mistake instead of watching players play and use their skill.

Weather like this seems to be happening more often now. I doubt the other teams or the league are going to be happy if every year teams get forced to play in these conditions or the game is forced to get moved like the game that was moved to Detroit, the snow makes it tougher to play in physically and can cause more injuries

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

There is nothing lucky about winter driving and not crashing. It's called: skill

Same here.

Yup.  Playing football in this weather and driving in this weather are 2 different animals,   I’ve driven in that weather for 20 years (happily haven’t had to drive in it for the past 20), these guys haven’t played football in conditions like that.  Practice makes perfect.  These guys had little practice 

22 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I'm against a dome (hate them) but another practical consideration is: would more free agents be interested in playing for the Bills if severe weather and temperatures were not concerns?

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You nelly it now!, but if T.Y. didn’t get called for the pick play than you’d be pissed that we played this game in these conditions and our season ended because of it.  If you’re not pissed than you should be sitting down watching the game with the rest

No I wouldn't. I'd be pissed the BUFFALO Bills didn't win the best snow game ever. That's what I'd be pissed about.