Dareus is killing it for the Jags

Klaista2k

Dareus is a beast out there for the Jags.

Announcers talking about how the Jags run defense went from one of the worst in the league to one of the best since acquiring him.

What a great move is was trading him! 

Edited by Klaista2k

21 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Announcers talking about how the Jags run defense went from one of the worst in the league to one of the best since acquiring him.

Been watching this one as well, he is playing good. But the box score analyst's around here will only see one tackle and say he sucked. They will fail to realize Jax was giving up 5.2 yds a carry pre-Dareus and now around 2 yds a carry post-Dareus. 

Whatever, what's done is done now.

Edited by Real McCoy

Yeah he's really killing it against the Browns as they hold a 3 point lead going into the 4th quarter. SMH... Old Dareus will come around soon, I'm just glad they were willing to take on that contract. Good riddance. Until they get a QB they're the same Jags with more optimism in the fan base.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Who cares.  He wasn't and would not give 100% effort because he didn't want to be here.  Don't need a slack like him on the team.  It was time to move on.

this is the reality, sometimes trades are necessary, just like Beast Mode, he had to be traded.  he can have 50 sacks in Jax as far as I am concerned, wasnt goin to happen here

16 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

He plays hard when he wants to, just pissed he got traded. Once the emotions subside he will turn revert back to his old self.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Been watching this one as well, he is playing good. But the box score analyst's around here will only see one tackle and say he sucked. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Killing it?   He has one tackle.

Right on cue!

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Oh yeah that defense was just terrible before Dareus arrived.

End of sarcasm.

2 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Yes, but he wasn't performing for us. What are we supposed to do with him? Also, he was $$$$$$$$$$. 

I agree with this. I don't wish him ill, but another thing to factor in is can he stay out of trouble this off season ?

22 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s amazing what people will justify. As of right now, how can anyone view it as a good move? The Jags defense is good and the Bills stinks.

It wasn’t a move for “now.” For once we have a regime that knows what happens next season is at least as important as what happens this season. Suspension risk, gone. Lazy player, gone. Bloated contract, gone. Like I said we’ll get Lotulelei or Short next year and we will be more than happy.

11 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Who cares.  He wasn't and would not give 100% effort because he didn't want to be here.  Don't need a slack like him on the team.  It was time to move on.

the GM and coach didn't want him here, that was pretty clear from the outset.

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Oh yeah that defense was just terrible before Dareus arrived.

End of sarcasm.

I like how they hold the worst rushing team in the league to 29 yards and everyone here loses their minds, giving Dareus all the credit. The Bills played that same team with Dareus and gave up almost 100 yards on the ground.

28 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

You seriously must be related to Dareus... that's a couple of Dareus threads like this started by you.

He'll go back to his immature ways. Let someone else overpay for him.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's been good since he arrived in JAX.  This is the 3rd game now. 

I realize that it’s not his first game. I just wouldn’t give today much meaning. Dareus plays when he feels like doing so. It’s early in his JAX tenure, of course he feels ambitious early on. Lets wait until we have a larger body of work before assessing his play. This Bills team has far more problems than Dareus absence. The sudden losing streak has produced a convenient narrative that Dareus was crucial to our early success.   

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s amazing what people will justify. As of right now, how can anyone view it as a good move? The Jags defense is good and the Bills stinks.

people are generally (present company excluded) smart enough to know that one guy doesn't change a defense around like that. There's many factors as to why the Buffalo defense has been so bad. Dareus being out of the rotation is one of them. Glomming onto Dareus as the *only* reason is for the weak minded.

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

people are generally (present company excluded) smart enough to know that one guy doesn't change a defense around like that. There's many factors as to why the Buffalo defense has been so bad. Dareus being out of the rotation is one of them. Glomming onto Dareus as the *only* reason is for the weak minded.

No, but Dareus occupying two blockers and allowing the MLB to flow to the ball has been AWOL since his exit....

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I agree. I won’t say it wasn’t a subtraction (albeit for a purpose), but it’s crazy to blame the last two weeks on the absence of one man. Only a franchise QB being absent would produce such a dramatic shift. 

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

No, but Dareus occupying two blockers and allowing the MLB to flow to the ball has been AWOL since his exit....

I pose this as a serious question. How often was he actually on the field with the Bills in 2017? I’m not sure if I’ve seen the stats. It didn’t seem like he was on the field half of the game. 

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

then why did they stop the run the other ~70% of the plays? There's multiple elements to anything that happens in the NFL.

48 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

...maybe it's a Hughes "change of scenery all over again"......maybe he wanted out period...pure speculation on my part...............