Don’t use “ Garbage time” excuse!

Buffalo Boy

I get that Saints won this game a few quarters before Peterman even entered the game but they were still playing.

His first couple passes were good. A first down on an out and a dump off over the middle for nine.

He muffed the third pass on what looked like a miscommunication with O’ Leary.

His fourth pass was a perfect, just missing the defender, hit his hands pass to K.Benj for a first.... which he dropped. KB does that from time to time.( Which is one reason I wasn’t excited about the pickup.)

Fourth down play he handles a low snap adeptly and gets the pitch out to the back who gets stuffed.

First drive/ 5 Plays/ 2 of 4 / 1 drop, 1 miss

Next drive

First pass / Dump off which would have netted 6 yards but results in a 15 yarder for Unnecessary Roughness. Because the Saints quit???

Second pass/ Beauty to K.Benj that hits him in stride. 21 yards. Draws accolades from announcer as best pass of the day BECAUSE it traveled more than 10(!?) yards through the air and was thrown after reading the field and finding the open man.

Third pass/ 12 yarder to K. Benj with DB on him as ball gets there. TT doesn’t take that chance.

Fourth pass/ Peterman recognizes man coverage on Thompson, looks off the safety to the left and slings it right, overthrowing him by 1 step. The Rookie reads the D Pre snap and knows to play off the safety with his eyes!!!

Fifth pass/ he gets it out over a D lineman’s hands and hits Matthews as the DB just stops and sits watching the backfield, allowing Matthews to get open. Pass hits Matthews at the 13 and allows him to get to the six because it’s not thrown too close to the sideline like a certain someone( who has great stats because he doesn’t take chances which forces  his receivers out after the catch) The ball is out before the receiver is finishing his break or has turned his head. Anticipation!!!!

Sixth pass/ Peterman stands in as left side of picket is collapsing behind him, allows O’Leary time to clear the LB and Safety on a slot route, rolls that way and hits O’ Leary the only place he could. TD. O’ Leary’s First TD.

The Saints were playing good D and these guys weren’t running free by any means. The most open was K.Benj on the 21 yarder when he got into a hole in the zone. A throw TT doesn’t  see or make. 

You want your TT. You can keep your TT.

This garbage about mailing it in or Garbage Time scoring is pathetic!!!

The only real QB on this team came in and showed why he is the guy who should be starting.

Does he win this game? Probably not. But, the Defense should actually get some rest and the score should most likely be less lopsided.

Remember back when Cassel, EJ and TT were fighting for the starting position and TT clearly caused the O to have a spark. I was an EJ guy but even I admitted they looked better under TT.

This is exactly the same. If you still have to  make excuses about the D sucking, or O line sucking, or play calling sucking, or Saints gifting it to us etc. please give it up.

Finally, I’m not calling Peterman, Montana or Brady but I am calling him competent. He was billed as the most NFL ready coming out of the draft for a reason. TT is NOT, nor EVER will be a competent starting QB in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

And the 12th thread about TT and the QB after the defense gives up 47 points and 300 yards rushing.  

TT was bad today.  The play calling was terrible after the first drive. 

The personnel decisions by McD are awful.  Why is Ducasse starting?  Why is Tolbert the second RB? Why is Demarco on the field?  Why is Lorax playing OLB?  

Why does Cordy Glenn get no criticism for missing games?

Today TT was the 15th reason they lost.  The first 7 were the entire Bills defensive front. 8th was whatever DB was opposite White. 9, 10, an 11 were McD, Rico, and Frazier.  12, 13, and 14 were Ducasse, Mills, and Dawkins.  Then you get to TT.  Yes no less than 15 other players coaches stunk it up today, but 90% of the threads are about the QB.  

This team needs to spend all four top picks next year on the lines.  

NP certainly looked confident and poised today regardless of the situation. And he threw the ball in tight windows and led WR's open which is the polar opposite of what Taylor does.

This is why I still given Dennison the benefit of the doubt (other than the unhealthy obsession with giving Tolbert valuable reps in this offense) and believe this passing game would look totally different with a competent QB under center.

13 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

well said.  When your starting QB has one pass to a WR all game, and 65 yards, that person should not be your starting QB.   TT is utterly lost out there.   At the very least, he needs to sit for a game.  

I am concerned with the lack of Tyrod getting the ball to our receivers ALL season.

I confess I turned the game off early in the 4th quarter, so I can't comment on Peterman's play based on actual observation.  I understand and appreciate the point of those making the garbage time statements.  The Saints' defense would have been different at the end of a game like that, wanting to prevent the possibility of a quick score via a long pass.  Instead, they allow the completion of shorter passes to the middle of the field.  

On your side of the issue, I think the results of Peterman's play at the end of the game shows the pro game is not too big for him.  While defensive coordinators in a different situation will throw lots of stuff at him that he's not seen live before, he is a bright QB who makes quick reads and gets the ball out of his hands with reasonable accuracy.  Some things that defenses will do may confuse him a bit initially, but I think he's likely to learn pretty quickly.  I agree, he could hardly be worse than Tyrod was today.

In other news, CJ Beathard won his first game today as QB of the 49ers.  Peterman is a better QB than Beathard.

Peterman does look promising and more and more Tyrod looks like a QB who has plateaued and doesn't have all the skills needed to be a long-term starter.  The Bills are 5-4 and in the thick of the wildcard playoff race and got there in part on Taylor not turning the ball over and doing just enough offensively with his arm and legs to win those 5 games.  Yes the defense has mostly played well this season.  I can't see the coaches giving Peterman a start until the Bills are eliminated or if there is an injury. 

What the coaches don't know yet about Peterman is if he'll turn the ball over (INT's or fumbles) in a full game and lose games that way and eliminate any playoff chance.  If that were to happen the coaches would get ripped for putting the veteran on the bench. 

8 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Peterman does look promising and more and more Tyrod looks like a QB who has plateaued and doesn't have all the skills needed to be a long-term starter.  The Bills are 5-4 and in the thick of the wildcard playoff race and got there in part on Taylor not turning the ball over and doing just enough offensively with his arm and legs to win those 5 games.  Yes the defense has mostly played well this season.  I can't see the coaches giving Peterman a start until the Bills are eliminated or if there is an injury. 

What the coaches don't know yet about Peterman is if he'll turn the ball over (INT's or fumbles) in a full game and lose games that way and eliminate any playoff chance.  If that were to happen the coaches would get ripped for putting the veteran on the bench. 

They all look "promising" until they have to play for an extended period of time. 

I have to say I am intrigued to know what Peterman would look like in a full game with a week of preparation. I did not see his plays today, this was the first game all year I turned off before it was over. But his stat line is good and I’ve seen a couple of his throws including the TD. Garbage time, sure, but he does look accurate and decisive. If we lose against the Chargers I would support giving him a shot.

I don't see the FACT that it was Garbagetime (if you don't think it was garbagetime in this blowout then feel free to make your case) but simply as a factor to be considered.

The question is simply one of what gives you the best chance of winning now and secondarily in the longer term.

Ironically, the answer to both questions is likely not start Peterman.

In the short run it seems incredibly unlikely that starting a rookie QB is going to turn a team blown out by the Saints at home and by the Jets on the road into a winner.  First off, changing QBs does nothing to stop the Saints running game from running over the Bills at will.  Getting rid of Dareus for nothing upfront had by far more impact on the run D than who got the QB start.  This is where this game was lost.  Perhaps you want to argue that Peterman would have kept pace with Brees productivity for the Saints better than Tyrod did. 

Yeah right.  Peterman opens the game with a TD drive rather than a FG drive as Tyrod did and it makes all the difference in slowing Ingram down.

Yeah right.

The true irony is that as nonsensical is the argument that going to Peterman now would be good for the Bills in the short term is that ironically, it probably would be even more harmful to Peterman's development.

Bringing Peterman in when we did today was actually the right move for his development.  Garbagetime is the perfect time to develop this rookie QB.  One of the worse things we could do for his development is to rush him in to a higher stakes situation where there is a demand for him to lead the team to victory which will not be achieved on a team whose run D is swiss cheese, where the GM and HC are more committed to building a team for the future than winning now,  and the OC has shown little ability  to consistently be productive with talented players he does have.

Garbagetime is not an excuse for  Peterman, it's a REASON.  Peterman should only play when the Bills have given up on winning the game or given up on winning this season.  This is likely how his teammates will interpret a decision by our braintrust to give up on and bench our current starting QB.

It is incredibly unlikely that a 5th round draftee rookie QB is gonna lead this team to win now.  We rushed TC into the pressure of a starting role too early to train the happy-feet out of himand likewise we were stupid in our failed effort to develop JP as we gave him more responsibility than this youngster had the ability to handle.

Throwing Peterman into a starting role difficult if not impossible for even most 1st round talented QBs to  handle is almost certainly bad for the Bills and likely would be worse for development of Peterman himself.

Even a QB as talented as Tom Brady profited from sitting for a year.  A key for smart development and training of Peterman is to let him develop the success that a good rookie can achieve in garbage time!

30 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

well said.  When your starting QB has one pass to a WR all game, and 65 yards, that person should not be your starting QB.   TT is utterly lost out there.   At the very least, he needs to sit for a game.  

This was not a preseason game. Peterman went up against good 2nd string depth players on an excellent 53 man roster. He wasn't hesitant or safe. He threw early before wr's finished their breaks. It's time for McD to pull the plug on the 3yr TT experiment and finish the season with Peterman. 

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They all look "promising" until they have to play for an extended period of time. 

Like TT?

Not much promise left to see in that one.

6 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

The Bills play the Chargers/Chiefs/Patriots next three games.

Even if Tyrod lays an egg, I don't see Peterman starting until after those three games.

Chargers are the only winnable game currently, IMO

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I have to say I am intrigued to know what Peterman would look like in a full game with a week of preparation. I did not see his plays today, this was the first game all year I turned off before it was over. But his stat line is good and I’ve seen a couple of his throws including the TD. Garbage time, sure, but he does look accurate and decisive. If we lose against the Chargers I would support giving him a shot.

My wife wanted to turn it off but I wouldn’t let her as I had a sneaking hunch this might be the game Peterman got some reps.

I admit I wasn’t actively watching the last 20 minutes until he came in. It was brutal:(

54 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I get that Saints won this game a few quarters before Peterman even entered the game but they were still playing.

His first couple passes were good. A first down on an out and a dump off over the middle for nine.

He muffed the third pass on what looked like a miscommunication with O’ Leary.

His fourth pass was a perfect, just missing the defender, hit his hands pass to K.Benj for a first.... which he dropped. KB does that from time to time.( Which is one reason I wasn’t excited about the pickup.)

Fourth down play he handles a low snap adeptly and gets the pitch out to the back who gets stuffed.

First drive/ 5 Plays/ 2 of 4 / 1 drop, 1 miss

Next drive

First pass / Dump off which would have netted 6 yards but results in a 15 yarder for Unnecessary Roughness. Because the Saints quit???

Second pass/ Beauty to K.Benj that hits him in stride. 21 yards. Draws accolades from announcer as best pass of the day BECAUSE it traveled more than 10(!?) yards through the air and was thrown after reading the field and finding the open man.

Third pass/ 12 yarder to K. Benj with DB on him as ball gets there. TT doesn’t take that chance.

Fourth pass/ Peterman recognizes man coverage on Thompson, looks off the safety to the left and slings it right, overthrowing him by 1 step. The Rookie reads the D Pre snap and knows to play off the safety with his eyes!!!

Fifth pass/ he gets it out over a D lineman’s hands and hits Matthews as the DB just stops and sits watching the backfield, allowing Matthews to get open. Pass hits Matthews at the 13 and allows him to get to the six because it’s not thrown too close to the sideline like a certain someone( who has great stats because he doesn’t take chances which forces  his receivers out after the catch) The ball is out before the receiver is finishing his break or has turned his head. Anticipation!!!!

Sixth pass/ Peterman stands in as left side of picket is collapsing behind him, allows O’Leary time to clear the LB and Safety on a slot route, rolls that way and hits O’ Leary the only place he could. TD. O’ Leary’s First TD.

The Saints were playing good D and these guys weren’t running free by any means. The most open was K.Benj on the 21 yarder when he got into a hole in the zone. A throw TT doesn’t  see or make. 

You want your TT. You can keep your TT.

This garbage about mailing it in or Garbage Time scoring is pathetic!!!

The only real QB on this team came in and showed why he is the guy who should be starting.

Does he win this game? Probably not. But, the Defense should actually get some rest and the score should most likely be less lopsided.

Remember back when Cassel, EJ and TT were fighting for the starting position and TT clearly caused the O to have a spark. I was an EJ guy but even I admitted they looked better under TT.

This is exactly the same. If you still have to  make excuses about the D sucking, or O line sucking, or play calling sucking, or Saints gifting it to us etc. please give it up.

Finally, I’m not calling Peterman, Montana or Brady but I am calling him competent. He was billed as the most NFL ready coming out of the draft for a reason. TT is NOT, nor EVER will be a competent starting QB in the NFL.

Yep

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Still a backup.  If it's that obvious, why isn't he starting?  Fan views rule. 

So is tt

10 minutes ago, KingRex said:

I don't see the FACT that it was Garbagetime (if you don't think it was garbagetime in this blowout then feel free to make your case) but simply as a factor to be considered.

The question is simply one of what gives you the best chance of winning now and secondarily in the longer term.

Ironically, the answer to both questions is likely not start Peterman.

In the short run it seems incredibly unlikely that starting a rookie QB is going to turn a team blown out by the Saints at home and by the Jets on the road into a winner.  First off, changing QBs does nothing to stop the Saints running game from running over the Bills at will.  Getting rid of Dareus for nothing upfront had by far more impact on the run D than who got the QB start.  This is where this game was lost.  Perhaps you want to argue that Peterman would have kept pace with Brees productivity for the Saints better than Tyrod did. 

Yeah right.  Peterman opens the game with a TD drive rather than a FG drive as Tyrod did and it makes all the difference in slowing Ingram down.

Yeah right.

The true irony is that as nonsensical is the argument that going to Peterman now would be good for the Bills in the short term is that ironically, it probably would be even more harmful to Peterman's development.

Bringing Peterman in when we did today was actually the right move for his development.  Garbagetime is the perfect time to develop this rookie QB.  One of the worse things we could do for his development is to rush him in to a higher stakes situation where there is a demand for him to lead the team to victory which will not be achieved on a team whose run D is swiss cheese, where the GM and HC are more committed to building a team for the future than winning now,  and the OC has shown little ability  to consistently be productive with talented players he does have.

Garbagetime is not an excuse for  Peterman, it's a REASON.  Peterman should only play when the Bills have given up on winning the game or given up on winning this season.  This is likely how his teammates will interpret a decision by our braintrust to give up on and bench our current starting QB.

It is incredibly unlikely that a 5th round draftee rookie QB is gonna lead this team to win now.  We rushed TC into the pressure of a starting role too early to train the happy-feet out of himand likewise we were stupid in our failed effort to develop JP as we gave him more responsibility than this youngster had the ability to handle.

Throwing Peterman into a starting role difficult if not impossible for even most 1st round talented QBs to  handle is almost certainly bad for the Bills and likely would be worse for development of Peterman himself.

Even a QB as talented as Tom Brady profited from sitting for a year.  A key for smart development and training of Peterman is to let him develop the success that a good rookie can achieve in garbage time!

While I don’t fully agree, your point has some merit. 

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Still the best QB on the team who'll start as long as they remain in contention. Rinse and repeat argument. 

Agree to disagree. He’s not a QB. Today was yet another reminder of this fact.

Eyes closing. Goodnight Gentlemen ?

Honestly McD was right about the fact that the Bills got destroyed at the line of scrimmage on both offense and defense.  When your running game is ineffective TT isn't the type of player who can bail you out in the passing game.

Bottom line TT barely took any chances downfield all game.  I saw one play here Benjamin was about 20 yards down field heading towards the sideline with his guy 5 yards behind him.  He was open yet TT didn't make the throw. 

While it's well documented that TT has the lowest INT ratio for starting QB's, that's because he doesn't push the ball down the field like other QBs.  He continues to play it safe, like hitting Mike Tolbert for 7 yards on a 3rd and 12.  

This year TT is tied for 21st in plays of 40+ yards or longer.  He is also the fourth most sacked QB in the league despite some miraculous escapes.

TT needs to realize that no risk equals no reward.  His completion percentage for plays 31+ yards is 75%, which for me indicates (since he doesn't throw the ball down the field much) is he waits for the perfect play.  He needs to just trust his receivers to go get it, like a Benjamin or Clay.

TT is also a different player at home vs on the road.  in 132 attempts at home he has 18 plays of 20+ yards and only 9 sacks.  In 122 attempts on the road he has a mere 6 plays of 20+ yards and an astounding 19 sacks.  That's why we are 1-3 on the road vs. our home record.  Although today you might as well lumped this in with those road disasters.

Bottom line the knock coming into this year was his inability to stretch the field.  When the defense is playing stout that is something this team can overcome.  But when the defense is getting gashed like the last two weeks he isn't the type of QB who can keep you in a game or win it.

That's a problem, especially for a team that is looking for a playoff birth, much less playoff longevity.  

Edited by dezertbill

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Still a backup.  If it's that obvious, why isn't he starting?  Fan views rule. 

Coaching inertia.  Like everyone else, when it comes to what affects them personally, coaches tend to become more conservative.  McDermott knows that he has a QB in Tyrod who generally takes care of the ball and tries to do exactly what his coaches tell him to do.  Peterman is less of a known quantity.  Head coaches tend not to like unknown quantities.  In practice, Tyrod has almost certainly been getting the vast majority of snaps with starters while Peterman probably plays scout team QB.  That is not going to tell him much about how Peterman would handle being a starter.  I don't think McDermott is quite ready to make the switch yet, and probably won't until his back is really up against the wall.  That is coming closer, however, at least in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

While I don’t fully agree, your point has some merit. 

I go back and forth on this. Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady got to sit and learn from the bench for over a season. Mitch Trubisky right now doesn’t look comfortable, I think he would have been better off riding the bench for the whole season regardless of what the offense looked like with Glennon. Andy Reid has decided Pat Mahomes is on the bench all year long no matter what. But you have QBs like Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson who started right away and it didn’t hurt them at all. And Peterman played in a pro style college offense as opposed to Trubisky and Mahomes who have to learn NFL offenses from scratch. 

I think McDermott is the cautious type so he’ll work Peterman in slowly. He got his first real NFL experience today and it was promising so I’m leaning more towards he is ready to start this year if it comes to that.

Tyrod did well in garbage time against the jets... it means very little.  He looked pretty good, that's good but I don't make a qb change based on that.

i think Rico needs to look at his game plan the last two weeks and figure out what we are.  We are not an outside zone rushing team, and if we are we need the ability to change the play on the fly.  It looks like the defense knows what we're doing all game long.  There were plenty of get the ball out plays... they were batted down. 

I dont think your seeing Peterman until we are mathematically eliminated. Whether thats right or wrong is completely unknown. We are still in the sixth spot and Id bet that Mcdermott is gonna look back on the first seven games and convince himself this is fixable. If thats what he believes hes not pulling his starter. Especially when the defense gave up 47. 

I didn't see him play because I turned the game off early. Had better things to do than watch the Bills get dominated.

But wouldn't the Saints have had their backups in by then? They were up by a huge margin. There's no reason to risk their starters.

If so, not saying it takes everything away from what Peterman did, but still.

I say give Tyrod another game. If it is more garbage, put in Peterman. I think Taylor is probably better overall, but we clearly have oline issues, and Taylor is a QB that needs more time than any QB in the league. Peterman makes quicker decisions, and that's what this oline needs.

1 hour ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

I dont think your seeing Peterman until we are mathematically eliminated. Whether thats right or wrong is completely unknown. We are still in the sixth spot and Id bet that Mcdermott is gonna look back on the first seven games and convince himself this is fixable. If thats what he believes hes not pulling his starter. Especially when the defense gave up 47. 

I think this is true, largely because McDermott is a very traditional, predictable, cautious, conservative sort of coach.

He does everything according to the NFL Head Coaching Owner's Manual.

I'm sure there is a section in there saying "never start a QB controversy" and also "don't start a new QB going into a harder than normal game if other choices are available."

On the road in LA, KC, and the Patriots games are all going to be tough environments for our team and QB, no matter who it is.  Tyrod is going to get his head handed to him...

After we lose those 3 in a row and the whole playoff thing is in the toilet for the 18th year, Peterman will start to enter the discussion, but not before.

That's not a statement on my part about Peterman's capabilities...that's just how it goes with McDermott...

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Boyyyyy u better STOP giving this man more yards than he earned... flip those numbers around... That dude had 56 yards... 50, 6...

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

Tyrod did well in garbage time against the jets... it means very little.  He looked pretty good, that's good but I don't make a qb change based on that.

i think Rico needs to look at his game plan the last two weeks and figure out what we are.  We are not an outside zone rushing team, and if we are we need the ability to change the play on the fly.  It looks like the defense knows what we're doing all game long.  There were plenty of get the ball out plays... they were batted down. 

Tyrod had garbage time at the end also n still couldn't do anything... unforgivable performance. 56 yards... im never gonna forget that... 

I seriously can't forget it... man can't ever get 300. More oftenn than not can't even get more than 200, BARELY passes over 150 n now this. 56...

#neverforget56

Garbage time wasn't the main issue because we weren't doing anything against any type of defense that game but the issue with thinking Peterman was successful is the Saints prepared for Taylor, a running QB(albeit one that doesn't run).  Taylor doesn't see openings in coverage and throw in anticipation.  Peterman was doing it.  Taylor is good at making things happen when he can scramble but doesn't see the field real well.  The Saints game plan would have been completely different on defense had Peterman been in there.  We can't run because throwing is not a real threat.  He seems to get thrown off by zones and checks down to short passes in the middle which makes it worse when we run on first and second into a stacked box and said third down is 5 yards too short.

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Stop it with the hate for Peterman.  Seriously.  Anyone would look better than that lousy Captain Checkdown passing game yesterday.  

If you can't pass the ball the teams will focus on stopping the run.  

Its funny how TT got credit for garbage time play against the Jets but you spit on Peterman?  

Go ahead.  Call me Mrs Petrerman.  

If Peterman comes in when score is close in the Chargers game, that will be a better barometer of where he is to this point. I do NOT discount what he did yesterday since I am ALL for giving him a chance to start and play the rest of the year, since next year is basically decision year in the Draft for a QB. To me, they need to know and it's a big gamble, whether Peterman is their guy or not....because if they have somehow pulled off a Dak or Cousins (yeah, no Brady comparisons) coup by getting Peterman in the 5th, then they do NOT want to spend one or most likely 2 1st Round picks on a QB. 

IMHO, it makes most sense to let Tyrod play the Chargers game, and as soon as it seems he can't get it going, let Peterman come in and play and see how he does. But, I can also argue to start him from here on out....either way, as I've been banging the same drum since mid-year of TT's first year with the Bills, to me his is not a legit NFL QB. He is one hell of an athlete and truly gifted in many ways, seems like a good guy and hard worker, but none of those things without the aforementioned QBing ability in the NFL, makes you a good to great QB. 

8 hours ago, dezertbill said:

I saw one play here Benjamin was about 20 yards down field heading towards the sideline with his guy 5 yards behind him.  He was open yet TT didn't make the throw. 

Saw that too. A week or two before, my son and I found a couple more like that. 

He doesn’t see the field.

This isn’t just a “real time” ability. A QB needs to be able to visualize the whole field before it happens with an understanding of where the coverage is going before it happens,as well as, adjusting as it does happen.

On the O’Leary TD, Peterman understood the timing of the play and allowed it to develop. Not a broken play( Holmes TD/ Oakland) .

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

The kid played very well in garbage time. This is a plus.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Ahead of ourselves like a 47-3 shellacking?

Edited by Buffalo Boy

9 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

These were the 2 throws that impressed me most and are also 2 examples of things you rarely if ever see TT do. My favorite pass of the game was the incompletion to DT in the end zone. He decided he was throwing that ball well before the snap. 

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Peterman won't start a game this year, but there will inevitably be a lot of talk about it from posters like you.

"Tyrod is our starter."

4 simple words said by McDermott without hesitation when asked.

We'll almost inevitably draft our QB in 2018.

Peterman almost certainly won't be our QB of the future.

“Is” is present tense.

Which poster on this board knows the future?

Two weeks ago(in some thread somewhere)I said I was starting to grudgingly come around but needed two more weeks before I was fully committed. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one on the “ slow down fast car” bandwagon.

Having said that, my bold prediction is Peterman will definitely start at least one game this year. This will be due to the continued bad play of TT coupled with our exiting the playoff race.

My main concern at that point is that we don’t see a repeat of the complete lack of effort like last years final.

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I get that and I actually like TT for what he is. But in the limited number of snaps NP has taken, he's shown an ability to make pre-snap reads and throw with anticipation. I'm not claiming he'll be a savior, but TT doesn't do that and probably never will.

Whether or not he'd be able to actually get the ball there is another question, but it's undeniable he has a skill set that TT does not have. How that plays out, no one knows. NP could end up being Tuel/Brohm/Levi Brown 2.0 or maybe he's got something more.