Bills CAN get back on track vs New Orleans

The loss to the Jets was ugly. There are no gimmes in the NFL. The Bills played uninspired football and had a no. of things go against them right from the start, which just continued to snowball.

Now the Bills have a week and a half to heal up, get several key players back, learn from their mistakes, and prepare for a dynamic New Orleans team at home in Buffalo, which is where they play their best.

Not to make excuses but the Bills were without the likes of TE C. Clay, TE EJ Gaines, WR B. Tate,

and WR K. Benjamin. All will likely be on the field vs New Orleans.

I thought LB Humber was rusty. Hopefully, he will play better.

I think the Bills need to stick to their quick, short passing game rather than force Taylor to hold the ball in the pocket, which is not his strength. They have to get the running game going so that Taylor is not a sitting duck.

We could certainly use another good RB to throw into the mix with McCoy.

If the Bills can beat the Saints I think that it will more than make up for the their loss to NYJ.

• Thank you (+1) 1

They can but it won't be easy. Saints likely going to be riding 6 game winning streak heading into Buffalo and they aren't close to the teams we've beat at home so far who are all sub .500 at the moment.

they'll be due for a loss.... I personally hope the saints win this week and carry it into buffalo. the odds of them keeping up a streak like that aren't great..... I'll play the odds

To me the defense gives up a lot of yards when Gaines is out of the lineup, he certainly makes a difference to the success of this D. I expect the team to come back next week renewed and retooled and play lights out here on out. I've seen enough progression from key players to believe we can make a serious push, especially with Clay, Gaines and Benjamin in the folds we can be unstoppable.

they'll be due for a loss.... I personally hope the saints win this week and carry it into buffalo. the odds of them keeping up a streak like that aren't great..... I'll play the odds

Agree with this but it will still be a tough matchup regardless of what the Saints do on Sunday and they have the same Bucs team we beat a few weeks ago at home they likely will win.

To me the defense gives up a lot of yards when Gaines is out of the lineup, he certainly makes a difference to the success of this D. I expect the team to come back next week renewed and retooled and play lights out here on out. I've seen enough progression from key players to believe we can make a serious push, especially with Clay, Gaines and Benjamin in the folds we can be unstoppable.

Ole Tre not exactly shutting anyone down.

I think Gaines is a big key to our defense. He's a lot better CB than is Wright.

I'm anxious to see Taylor/Benjamin/Matthews/Clay/McCoy on the field at the same time. There's some real talent there. Even if Benjamin doesn't catch a lot of balls he should command a double team, which will make things easier for everybody else.

Pretty sure a lot of people thought the Raiders would do the same, and make no doubt it- the raiders have the better oline and wideouts.

And Saints have a better running game and defense.

So unless ours again stands on its head and creates 2 plus turnovers this game is going to get ugly.

There isnt a LBer on this team that will be able to cover Kamara

A win against the Saints eases this loss. If the Bills can shut down Brees then the Jets game will look like a bump in the road. If the Saints detroy the Bills I think the Bills will be looked at as the team most people thought they would be before the season started.

All the team goals are still in front of them. No reason they cant beat NO and have a good second half. Just spare me the we are getting back to work we work hard, talk from the players and coaches, etc... ALL NFL teams work hard. They all try to win. I dont care about team talk, just show it on the field and win.

Edited by zow2

And Saints have a better running game and defense.

So unless ours again stands on its head and creates 2 plus turnovers this game is going to get ugly.

There isnt a LBer on this team that will be able to cover Kamara

Nah saints defense isn't good. They only have one impressive win this year against Carolina. The bills will have extra time and rest. Kelvin will be ready and the offense will look different with him, than what past game tape shows. the bills win comfortably

Nah saints defense isn't good. They only have one impressive win this year against Carolina. The bills will have extra time and rest. Kelvin will be ready and the offense will look different with him, than what past game tape shows. the bills win comfortably

One WR will be completely shut down so whoever Lattimore is covering say goodbye to him.

Guess tou havent watch the Saints currently sitting at 16th overall in DVOA with -4.4 DVOA. Bills defense sitting at 10 with -7.7.

Now how they match up against our strength is not good. Their rush rank is 29th. Look for a similar gameplan load the box. Try not to let Shady beat you and dare Taylor to out duel Brees.

The team and HC understand what they're about and how bad last night was. I anticipate a much better performance at home.

...plenty of time to figure out what went wrong other than Jets' dominance......this defense is Pettine like bi-polar......one week stout against the run and Wikileaks next......same for OL......Jets laid it out and Buffalo had no answers on the counter punch......inability to adjust could be a deal killer...................

The easiest route to ten is Saints, Chargers, Colts, Dolphins, Dolphins.

That means the next two games are critical....

i actually think the easier route is chiefs chargers colts phins phins. chiefs have a bad defense. 28th against run 29 against pass. their offense has been playing lights out. defense obviously gets a lot of turnovers. if we avoid turnovers in that game i think we win.

Getting Clay and Gaines back to practice early next week would be a huge step towards a victory over NO. 

Lattimore is playing great right now, another receiving threat like Clay will make life easier on Tyrod and Shady.

The zone coverage has looked awesome with Gaines on the field and pathetic when he is off it. Is he that good? I don't know. Maybe it's just the communication or that Shareece Wright is CFL level talent but it's been night and day with/without Gaines.

Edited by Commonsense