Why does this happen after EVERY loss?

njbuff

Did you honestly think the Bills were going 14-2?

I am not using the Thursday night thing as an excuse for the Bills, but it was a GREAT help for the Jets. The Jets were coming off as bad a loss as you can possibly have against Atlanta and they had NO TIME to even think about it. They were seething and it showed.

Give credit to the opponent for being ready and smacking the Bills in the mouth. It happens, move on.

The Bills have 10 days to get ready for NO and they may have some healthy bodies to boot for the NO game.

Being 1-3 on the road does concern me and if the wanna be playing after 16 games they need to start putting up W's on a he road. Home wins alone won't cut it.

Relax and come back to us. They lost a game to the Jets. Move on and get ready for NO in your building.

• Like (+1) 1

I went into this season with no expectations, and quite frankly I didn't think we would win much but wanted to see how this new staff would do. I am pleased so far with the direction of this team.

Edited by Bray Wyatt

You need to win those AFC games, i.e. Bengals and Jets.... this team will likely be in the race for a Wildcard, and a win against the Jets who may end up in the race sure wold help. Thats what pisses me off, that and the sloppy **** effort.

Every team has looked like **** at some point this year, even the mighty Pats and Chiefs. WTF?

Contextually speaking, getting smoked by the Jets is worse than getting smoked by Baltimore.

Also contextually speaking, this isn't the first time we've seen something like this happen...is it?

Most people are consistent with their fandom.

You just see the boo birds come out after a loss.

This was the first game the Bills didn't look like themselves since McDermott took over. They looked like a Rex team again.

Its gonna happen from time to time. Even the best teams put up a stinker now and then. Gotta bounce back against the Saints on home turf. I think they can, but we'll see.

This was a game they needed on so many fronts. They were dominated on both sides by the Jets. THE JETS! Yeah, short week on the road against a division rival riding high after a win. Don't care, you have to win that game. If it was NE, Philly, KC, Pitt or Seattle you can live with it. Those are caliber teams. They were dominated by the Jets! Let that sink in.

The bar was raised after a win at Atlanta and a home destruction of Oakland.

It's time people started to expect to win as opposed to simply hoping. And playing the Jets (who BTW have Josh McCown starting at QB) shouldn't be a "hope" to win match up.

Now, Buffalo has a four game stretch that will define their season and splitting those will be a tough task.

Edited by BillsVet

This was a game they needed on so many fronts. They were dominated on both sides by the Jets. THE JETS! Yeah, short week on the road against a division rival riding high after a win. Don't care, you have to win that game. If it was NE, Philly, KC, Pitt or Seattle you can live with it. Those are caliber teams. They were dominated by the Jets! Let that sink in.

They also lost twice to the Jets last year.

Contextually speaking, getting smoked by the Jets is worse than getting smoked by Baltimore.

Also contextually speaking, this isn't the first time we've seen something like this happen...is it?

Why? There is no reason to say this other than to pile on.

Not for nothing, I think the Jets are a WAY better team than the Ravens. But away offseason expectations, they mean nothing. The Jets have been in every game this year outside of the Raider game. They are real competition for a wildcard

Every AFC playoff team will have had at least one game that looked this bad, especially the wildcards.

The Bills are still in position for a wild card if season ended today. And look at the teams behind us....Dolphins, Chargers, Broncos, Ravens, Jets...not exactly murderers row...

Not for nothing, I think the Jets are a WAY better team than the Ravens. But away offseason expectations, they mean nothing. The Jets have been in every game this year outside of the Raider game. They are real competition for a wildcard

I never thought I'd read that. You seriously believe the Jets are better than the Ravens?

I never thought I'd read that. You seriously believe the Jets are better than the Ravens?

Let me ask you this, but first, yes 100% absolutely I do!

Jets and Bills effectively did the same thing this year, getting rid of some big-name players. The only difference is their guys were old, so they had to cut instead of trade. Arguably, their D has more star players than ours, and the QB many would say is better than ours. And that SAJ and Anderson better than the guys we had playing last night, but we had the edge at RB.

Ravens suck, but schedule will help them.

Edited by plenzmd1

It's not a massive deal that they lost, but the kicker is where and when they lost. The moment everyone starts buying in and really believing that this is a playoff team is the moment they come out on the national stage and have their worst game. It happens to every team every season but to have it happen under these circumstances is maybe why it stings a little more than usual. Jets were fired up, give 'em credit. Bills looked tired and out of it from the start. They didn't communicate well, they made mistakes they don't normally make and they couldn't find a way to adjust. They got 10 days to pull it back together. I don't think it's coming undone because of how this team is coached now. I think they're gonna be pretty PO'ed by this one and really put in the work to be at their best for the Saints. This is a different roster than years past. There are still a handful of guys here who have gone through the implosions in years past but I'm hoping that "Oh man here we go again" train of thought isn't going to seep into their minds. They gotta rebound, plain and simple.

Most people are consistent with their fandom.

You just see the boo birds come out after a loss.

This was the first game the Bills didn't look like themselves since McDermott took over. They looked like a Rex team again.

Its gonna happen from time to time. Even the best teams put up a stinker now and then. Gotta bounce back against the Saints on home turf. I think they can, but we'll see.

I am as consistent with my fandom as a true, life long diehard Bills fan can be. When I was 7 years old, when I first fell in love with the Bills, I watched them struggle through 7 and 8 win seasons with Joe Ferguson, Joe Cribbs, and Jerry Butler on offense with big Freddy Smerlas on the D line. So my fandom is without question.

However, yesterday's performance deserved a visit from the boo-birds. While it was just one loss from a scheduling perspective, it was a loss that the Bills just shouldn't have let happen. It puts us in an all too familiar position, BEHIND the 8 ball....again. They couldn't have picked a worse night to play their worst 60 minutes of football all year. If Buffalo was finally to be taken seriously, if they were truly to become part of the conversation of playoff teams, then last night was supposed to be a W, not a whopper of an L.

I share your hope that the Bills bounce back from this stinker of a performance and take it to the Saints, but this a Saints team who's offense is starting to run on all 8 cylinders, and Drew Brees will be the best quarterback this team has faced all year (unless you think Matt Ryan is better). But even more importantly, the Saints DEFENSE, which has been consistently terrible for years, is starting to improve as well...

McD better right this ship in a hurry, and have our boys ready to play 60 minutes of quality football next Sunday or it could be over by halftime. Because of how well Buffalo has played at home, I fully expect them to show up and play hard. Whether they win or not I guess time will tell.

Let me ask you this, but first, yes 100% absolutely I do!

Jets and Bills effectively did the same thing this year, getting rid of some big-name players. The only difference is their guys were old, so they had to cut instead of trade. Arguably, their D has more star players than ours, and the QB many would say is better than ours. And that SAJ and Anderson better than the guys we had playing last night, but we had the edge at RB.

Ravens suck, but schedule will help them.

What was your question?

Every loss exposes weaknesses of a team that can be exploited if not corrected in my humble opinion.

So while the whole team had a stinker of a game which does happen from time to time, and you have to give the other team some credit.

Some of Buffalo's weaknesses on O are becoming more apparent IMO.

What was your question?

Haha..quess i forgot that part!

Question was: if you forget preseason expectations, and look strictly at who the Jets have played and how they played them, with a 4-5 record, would you still think they are a team with no shot at the playoffs and one of the bottom 5 teams?

Haha..quess i forgot that part!

Question was: if you forget preseason expectations, and look strictly at who the Jets have played and how they played them, with a 4-5 record, would you still think they are a team with no shot at the playoffs and one of the bottom 5 teams?

I'll answer part two first. They're definitely not bottom 5. I think they're maybe 20th in the league. I don't think they have a shot at the playoffs, or at least I didn't till the bills **** the bed last night.

I'll answer part two first. They're definitely not bottom 5. I think they're maybe 20th in the league. I don't think they have a shot at the playoffs, or at least I didn't till the bills **** the bed last night.

and I think part of why people are so upset is they are clinging to preseason notion the Jets suck and in that bottom 5.

I don't think they do, and actually, think they are pretty good. Easily could be at least 5-4 without some awful, flukey plays against the Dolphins. Now that's a team that I do think is bottom 5 and season is over if we lose one to the Dolphins

Why? All the negative folk do it to feel safe. They will always seek each other out in their weakness. Its a nice communal thing humans do in weakness. Imagine them herding together like zebras at any sense that there is danger. There danger over there. Panic panic panic. Pretty evolutionary behavior.

Let them huddle up. Makes them fee better.

and I think part of why people are so upset is they are clinging to preseason notion the Jets suck and in that bottom 5.

I don't think they do, and actually, think they are pretty good. Easily could be at least 5-4 without some awful, flukey plays against the Dolphins. Now that's a team that I do think is bottom 5 and season is over if we lose one to the Dolphins

When McCown plays mistake free football the Jets are a team to be reckoned with IMO.

Why? All the negative folk do it to feel safe. They will always seek each other out in their weakness. Its a nice communal thing humans do in weakness. Imagine them herding together like zebras at any sense that there is danger. There danger over there. Panic panic panic. Pretty evolutionary behavior.

Let them huddle up. Makes them fee better.

Or maybe just expressing our opinions on a football forum like we do every week.

Are some of you here to hug and to tell each other its going to be ok? Telling each other it was a fluke getting our butts kicked by a team that is supposed to be tanking led by McCown?

Well I know why it's happening after THIS loss.

They looked like the worst team in the NFL last night.

Nothing was worth watching.

that was a merciless ass-kicking until the total garbagetime runs in the 4th

the Bills submitted to rhythmic ***-***ing and were left impaled on 15 poles on the field to cry and whimper

same Old Bills

Edwards, Fitz, Tyrod....

The difference between 6-2 and 5-3 is going to be us making the playoffs or not. And we are terrible on the road. We have lost to the bengals and jets on the road. 2 teams we should never lose to. Any team that stops the run and makes Tyrod throw will beat us. We will now have to probably go 5-3 or 6-2 out the door here to have a shot, which is not happening. We have 2 against NE, the saints, @ KC and @ La. Every one of those games will be incredibly difficult. The season ended last night. Thats why people are acting like this.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus