Why does this happen after EVERY loss?

njbuff

Did you honestly think the Bills were going 14-2?

I am not using the Thursday night thing as an excuse for the Bills, but it was a GREAT help for the Jets. The Jets were coming off as bad a loss as you can possibly have against Atlanta and they had NO TIME to even think about it. They were seething and it showed.

Give credit to the opponent for being ready and smacking the Bills in the mouth. It happens, move on.

The Bills have 10 days to get ready for NO and they may have some healthy bodies to boot for the NO game.

Being 1-3 on the road does concern me and if the wanna be playing after 16 games they need to start putting up W's on a he road. Home wins alone won't cut it.

Relax and come back to us. They lost a game to the Jets. Move on and get ready for NO in your building.

Agreed. It's neither the end of the world or the end of the season. So what they got their :censored: kicked on National TV, they still have to beat the saints and Chargers over the next 2 weeks.

5-3 right now is better than 3-5

R-E-L-A-X

I am not using the Thursday night thing as an excuse for the Bills, but it was a GREAT help for the Jets. The Jets were coming off as bad a loss as you can possibly have against Atlanta and they had NO TIME to even think about it. They were seething and it showed.

Give credit to the opponent for being ready and smacking the Bills in the mouth. It happens, move on.

The Bills have 10 days to get ready for NO and they may have some healthy bodies to boot for the NO game.

Being 1-3 on the road does concern me and if the wanna be playing after 16 games they need to start putting up W's on a he road. Home wins alone won't cut it.

Relax and come back to us. They lost a game to the Jets. Move on and get ready for NO in your building.

If this game was against the Patriots or even the Dolphins not sure most fans would be that concerned.

However it was against a 3-5 team that had lost 3 straight games, and looking at the schedule if you can't win on the road against teams like the Jets and Bengals you aren't winning in NE, MIA, KC or even LAC based on how they've played.

But regardless these games happen even to playoff caliber teams. Just not sure anymore the Bills are because they were exposed big time on defense which is the major concern going forward since that was the perceived area of strength for this team.

Any team that stops the run and makes Tyrod throw will beat us.

Ya know, I suspect any team which gets 28yds from it's running backs at 1.75 yds a carry is going to have a very large chance of losing.

Even if they're not cursed with Tyrod Taylor as their quarterback..........

Until we start playing better on the road, Im going to expect us to lose all 4 road games that are left.

This team has truly been terrible on the road minus the Falcons game, but I still prescribe to the theory we should have lost that one too if not for injuries to their two top WR's in that one.

Cant see how this team has any chance of winning any of the remaining road games left considering who we have to play.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

Because people are so desperate for us to make the playoffs and have so much invested acter all this time that they just want to see this team get over the hump.

Might not be this year but this team has a bright future that much I am sure of.

Edited by matter2003

So they should beat the 3-5 jets but have no chance against the 3-5 Chargers? And no chance against a Miami team who was just blown out by 40 points last week and has possible an even more anemic offence

Unfortunately the path to ten wins just got tighter : Saints, Chargers, Colts, Dolphins, Dolphins does it, but it makes the next two games critical.

The Bills can steal one from Chiefs, Patriots, Patriots, but if they can't generate any pass rush I'm pessimistic about NE.

Agreed. It's neither the end of the world or the end of the season. So what they got their :censored: kicked on National TV, they still have to beat the saints and Chargers over the next 2 weeks.

5-3 right now is better than 3-5

R-E-L-A-X

the good thing is that viewership on the nfl is so low very few people saw that stinker

Unfortunately the path to ten wins just got tighter : Saints, Chargers, Colts, Dolphins, Dolphins does it, but it makes the next two games critical.

The Bills can steal one from Chiefs, Patriots, Patriots, but if they can't generate any pass rush I'm pessimistic about NE.

omg can u imagine Brady back there?? with all the time in the world? having a cup of tea them picking us apart?uggh

So they should beat the 3-5 jets but have no chance against the 3-5 Chargers? And no chance against a Miami team who was just blown out by 40 points last week and has possible an even more anemic offence

Wait, did you just waste 30 seconds responding to SaviorPeterman? Shame on you.

You're right, of course, though. Neither Miami nor the Chargers have any home field advantage to speak of, especially the Chargers, playing at a 25,000-seat soccer field. Not to say that those games are guaranteed wins, but the Bills should be favored in both. And the last game of the season at NE might very well be a game where Belichick, having wrapped up a first-round bye, rests a lot of guys. It's pretty reasonable to expect 3-1 at home and 2-2 on the road in the second half.

I think most fans didnt think they were going to do much this season. When the Bills started winning games they were not supposed to, it gave fans hope and confidence even though some of those wins were due to turn overs and luck going the Bills way. When the Bills get blown out, fans have a right to call them out. Especially last night because the Bills got exposed in Primetime by a team that they prob should have beat. Some fans go over the top calling for firings and players to be benched when they have no clue of the how or why something happened. Bills fans are tired of being mediocre and want respect. I think the Bills are a season or two from being a contender.

I was as frustrated as anybody last night. Went to bed after the third quarter. But you have to keep it in perspective. Teams don't win all 16 games. Sure, there are ones you SHOULD win. But we've won a couple that we shouldn't have also. The sky is not falling.

I had written this season off before it began. 5 wins is what I thought we'd have all year. We've got eight more.

Wait, did you just waste 30 seconds responding to SaviorPeterman? Shame on you.

You're right, of course, though. Neither Miami nor the Chargers have any home field advantage to speak of, especially the Chargers, playing at a 25,000-seat soccer field. Not to say that those games are guaranteed wins, but the Bills should be favored in both. And the last game of the season at NE might very well be a game where Belichick, having wrapped up a first-round bye, rests a lot of guys. It's pretty reasonable to expect 3-1 at home and 2-2 on the road in the second half.

i know, dont feed the trolls

I don't know how many times I have responded to his comments about how the Dolphins and Chargers are losses. Not saying they are automatic wins, but to say that the Bills are as likely to lose to them as the Pats and Chiefs is mind boggling. What confidence could you possibly gain from the Dolphins, after a 40 point shutout and then dealing their weapon on offence that did the most damage to the Bills last year? The Chargers are 3-5, like the Jets yet this is such a horrible loss cause the Bills should have beaten a 3-5 division rival, but don't have a chance against a worse Chargers team?

It's funny, the beat a team no one expects them to beat (Broncos and Falcons) and its "fluke win, they are just bad teams this year. Lose to 2 teams that people were talking about how they were going to be tough teams and not to take them likely cause they are better then their records (Bengals and Jets defence) and it's "Bills are horrible, they can't beat garbage teams"

The Jets are much better then their record, they are playing well on defence and have lost a lot of very close games, should have had a win against the Pats if it wasn't for an overturned TD

I think most fans didnt think they were going to do much this season. When the Bills started winning games they were not supposed to, it gave fans hope and confidence even though some of those wins were due to turn overs and luck going the Bills way. When the Bills get blown out, fans have a right to call them out. Especially last night because the Bills got exposed in Primetime by a team that they prob should have beat. Some fans go over the top calling for firings and players to be benched when they have no clue of the how or why something happened. Bills fans are tired of being mediocre and want respect. I think the Bills are a season or two from being a contender.

Bills fans love being miserable, and love being right. Just look at half the posts around here where posters gloat cause they called a certain player a bust and they believe they were right. Or they come here to tell everyone how they believed they would lose to a certain team or won't make the playoffs, etc.

The Jets are much better then their record, they are playing well on defence and have lost a lot of very close games, should have had a win against the Pats if it wasn't for an overturned TD

The Jets are a pretty good team and their defense has some bona fide stars that I would love to have on our team.

Everyone loves to make fun of the Jets around here, but they have drafted really well on defense recently. Leonard Williams is a flat out beast who they picked high in the draft even though DL was the strength of their team at the time--a great example of the benefit of taking the BPA, regardless of need. Wilkerson is a great player taken at the end of the first round the same year we drafted Marcel. Darron Lee is becoming a force, while Shaq Lawson is looking more and more like another Whaley Gem. And the two safeties they drafted this year are just plain studs. The people who said the Jets would be one of the worst teams in NFL history this year need to be called out.

Edited by mannc

Most people are consistent with their fandom.

You just see the boo birds come out after a loss.

This was the first game the Bills didn't look like themselves since McDermott took over. They looked like a Rex team again.

Its gonna happen from time to time. Even the best teams put up a stinker now and then. Gotta bounce back against the Saints on home turf. I think they can, but we'll see.

Totally agree.

It's funny how some only come on here to post when things aren't going well. That makes no sense to me. Why wouldn't they want to celebrate wins? (to be fair, I'm only talking about a small segment of posters, some that I'd love to call out by name but I won't...).

Lol about Rex. I said the same thing during the game last night. It was like Rex was dropped onto the sidelines to coach that game.

That was his old Bills team doing everything they could to beat themselves, that's for sure. It was bound to pop up again eventually. The good thing is now Sean gets a chance to correct it. This team has trouble handling prosperity... but again, the good thing is now it's a coachable moment. Like McDermott said, you have to go through adversity to continue growing as a team. If everything just goes perfectly, then they won't be ready when those adverse moments eventually happen.

Let's see how this team grows from this game. I have faith in this coaching staff to get it corrected, and quickly.

Honestly, I never had any real expectations for this season anyway. I expected it to be a transition year and have been pleasantly surprised so far. The Bills have so many holes and lack depth at many positions. Some of that showed last night, as I figured it would eventually. I still feel very confident that we are headed in the right direction though.

Well I know why it's happening after THIS loss.

They looked like the worst team in the NFL last night.

Nothing was worth watching.

yeah I was not expecting much this year either, however, they found themselves at 5-2 and easily setup to put a foot on Jets throat and be 6-2 at same time killing Jets season. But we can't have that now can we.

Bills fans just can't have a good thing for an extended period of time. We are cursed like no other.

Edited by cba fan

No, you got roasted for acting like a petulant little bit*h.

you know I'd say it takes balls to say that to a moderator? But I seriously have to question that statement to you because of your posting history I know that probably isn't the case, as you haven't displayed them

the good thing is that viewership on the nfl is so low very few people saw that stinker

omg can u imagine Brady back there?? with all the time in the world? having a cup of tea them picking us apart?uggh

Brady can eat a 5 course dinner with our pass rush.

They also lost twice to the Jets last year.

like you mentioned, Rex team.

How they recover is how you define this season. Come out prepared for the Saints. Play disciplined . Maybe they lose. But go down fighting the good fight.

They already exceeded my enthusiasm settings for this season.

Dude, the sky is falling, all hope is lost...retreat to the bunker.

wait

I forgot where the bunker is !

I catch your drift, but have a look at the schedule.

The season is not 16 independent events; the games are chained together in certain patterns and relationships and they are not all created equal in terms of winnability.

The loss to the Jets was huge because now in order to get to 10 wins, we are going to have to win some tough games with no margin for error, like on the road at Chargers, or maybe one of the NE games.

We have 3 more losses to give. Let's assume that's at KC (no way we win that game) and the 2 NE games. That means we MUST beat NO at home (tough game) MUST beat Chargers on road (very tough) MUST beat INDY at home (OK more doable) and MIAMI TWICE including in Miami...(tougher than many Bills fans assume, even if Miami basically sucks).

No margin for error now.

I don't see this team doing that, especially since our recipe for success so far this year has depended on an unsustainable hugely positive turnover ratio.

I can see why people are flipping out. Of course we'll have to take it a game at a time and hope for the best again New Orleans. Really all we can do.

The road to ending the drought got a lot tougher last night. It was a lot more than just "a bad regular season loss".

Edited by Fadingpain

doooooooomed!

I dont think so. The Jets were pumped up and found a way to beat us: 5-man rush to collapse the pocket around TT, who takes his time getting rid of the ball. 5 sacks early on killed any momentum the O could build.

McD made adjustments i.e. having TT use his running ability to roll out of the pocket and pick up running yards, by the end of the game our O had really good numbers and was a botched extension away from making a game of it in the 3rd.

Was too little too late but I bet McD wont let the same thing happen ever again, unlike our previous coaches who seemed to stick with losing game plans not just for the game but for the entire season. You can bet McD spent most of the last 24 hours figuring out what he needs to fix for NO. You can bet he has his coaching staff going through the film with a fine toothed comb writing essays on what went wrong and what needs to change. Unlike Rex who probably would have gone to a Hooters after giving the team a long weekend off.

Not setting myself up for disappointment again

This is why it happens. People kind of bought into the "process." And, when you lose against a weak Jets team, they get frustrated.

Simply put, "expectations."

Usually when fans feel their team way under performs against a lesser opponent it’s upsetting.

I get it, we haven’t got what it takes to be a driving force in the league but we are headed in the right direction for sure.

I knew we had something at the beginning of the year, but I also realized the depth was weak and it’s an all new system.

This is a 9 win team this year. But with this staff and front office I feel the Bills will surpass the Pats in the coming years as front runners. It’s exciting despite losing to a crappy Jets team.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

6 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Usually when fans feel their team way under performs against a lesser opponent it’s upsetting.

I get it, we haven’t got what it takes to be a driving force in the league but we are headed in the right direction for sure.

I knew we had something at the beginning of the year, but I also realized the depth was weak and it’s an all new system.

This is a 9 win team this year. But with this staff and front office I feel the Bills will surpass the Pats in the coming years as front runners. It’s exciting despite losing to a crappy Jets team.

This should be the mantra going forward. On Friday, I would have voted to move the team to the Philippines and rename them the Manila  Folders. But Saturday brings a fresh perspective, guess it's all part of the process.  

On 11/3/2017 at 6:26 AM, njbuff said:

Honestly, there is a group of people here who are always looking for evidence and proof to say I told you so about the Bills still sucking, their negative opinion of TT (see all the foolish blame of Thursday on him), 17 years of misery, etc.  

You will notice, those who are loudest after a loss are also those you are the most quiet after a win.  In fact, many of them are only active after a win if there is something to nit pick on TT about.  Nothing TT does...Nothing the Bills do...Nothing this new Staff and FO do will ever be enough for them to show support, enthusiasm or excitement.  The remain rooted in a world of certainty that every QB we didnt draft is a future franchise guy and that this team still sucks.  

To be fair, there are some that can often be too rosey after a win as well, often over exaggerating some things.  But its not really to the degree that naysayers are after a loss.  People for whatever reason struggle around here to not over exasperate a single game into an entire season.  Too much baggage of 17 years of pain keeps a lot of people from staying level headed either direction.  To a degree is understandable, but there are also extremists around here, who I don't need to name a we all know who they are, that just fill the need to spew nonsense to no end.