Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

In what scenario will Jacksonville be playing for something in week 17?  

Because if it's nothing I'm pretty sure Marrone ain't doing us any solids.  Just a hunch.

Yes they can jump Pitt and get a bye they will be playing to win. Pitt losing vs New England help us in that scenario 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Because if it's nothing I'm pretty sure Marrone ain't doing us any solids.  Just a hunch.

4 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Yes they can jump Pitt and get a bye they will be playing to win. Pitt losing vs New England help us in that scenario 

For what it's worth the same if NE drops a game.

The Jags will be likely playing to win vs. Titans last game of the season. Sure the Steelers play the Browns in week 17 but the Jags win the head to head tiebreaker with the Steelers. Marrone won't be resting any starters unless Steelers win (Texans) and Jax loses (Niners) this week. 

So this weekend, root for the Jags to beat the Niners. That will make Jax's week 17 meaningful vs Titans. That's a big one for the Bills. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I was really wondering what the odds were.

36% is lower than I thought it would be, but good god we need to get in. Yesterday is like the 4th time this year I thought maybe they can make it, which was quickly dashed seeing subsequent games. I must admit it's nice being in meaningful games this time of year, but if we get left out on a tiebreaker that will really really suck.

This team is going to give me a heart attack.

36% with 2 games to go...I'll take it. If you had told me at the beginning of the season we'd be here I wouldn't have believed it.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

From what I can tell, we need:

Titans to lose out (Playing Rams & Jags, so certainly plausible)

Either the Ravens (Colts & Bengals) or Chargers (Jets & Raiders) to lose a game.

I think that's right and that's assuming we're 9-7.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Either the Ravens (Colts & Bengals) or Chargers (Jets & Raiders) to lose a game.

There are 4 ways we get in.

1. Win out and finish 10-6 and we are in

2. Titans beat Rams, lose to Jaguars. Chargers win out. We get in on a 3 way tie.

3. Ravens lose a game and we win 1 game

4. Jaguars beat Titans and Chargers lose a game

Don't want the Titans to lose out cause then option 2 is taking away from us. Gotta root for then this weekend. They win and we have all 4 paths available to us. They lose and we only have 3 paths for us.

6 minutes ago, theAteam said:

Seems to me our best shot is Titans lose out (Rams, Jags) and Chargers lose Week 17 to Raiders.

I just can't see Bengals or Colts beating Baltimore.

I wouldn't call the Jets game a gimme for the Chargers. They are banged up will be traveling east and have a 1 pm kick off.

23 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

It is also possible for the Chiefs to lose out (Dolphins and Broncos).  Chargers would win the division with two wins and we would get the wildcard

I still don't think the Ravens are all that good to win 6 of their last 7 games...and close the season on a three game winning streak.  I feel like they will be tripped up once even though they will be favorites.

Jaguars got killed by Tenn earlier in the season at home.  No matter what, they will be trying to redeem themselves in that last game.  No way the Jags mail that in.  

As for the Bills, the best i expect is 1-1 in the final two.  So i guess we'll need some help.  

Edited by zow2

12 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I still don't think the Ravens are all that good to win 6 of their last 7 games...and close the season on a three game winning streak.  I feel like they will be tripped up once even though they will be favorites.

Outside of the loss to the Jets, which is the real self imposed killer in the playoff hunt, this very average Ravens team having such a ridiculously weak schedule over their last 5 games is driving me crazy.

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

538 Sports NFL Playoff Predictor: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-nfl-predictions/

And we all remember how that last time turned out.

15 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

So,

Beat New England

Indianapolis over Baltimore

Jets over Chargers

Tennessee over Rams

Jacksonville over SF

Moves us up to 98% 

Quite the parlay there...

But if we beat NE, and indy beats Bal... It's a cool 80%

Both of those things are unlikely though. 

1 minute ago, Acantha said:

Outside of the loss to the Jets, which is the real self imposed killer in the playoff hunt, this very average Ravens team having such a ridiculously weak schedule over their last 5 games is driving me crazy.

And we all remember how that last time turned out.

This is no time for BBFS man. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is no time for BBFS man. 

I know, but in all the misery that has happened over the last 17 years, that loss always stands out to me as the worst.  It really embodies the mess that this franchise has been.  Until they can find a way to get in, it will haunt me.

simple as this to get in:

Titans lose to Jax in week 17

Chargers need to lose either 1 of the final 2 (Jets, Raiders)

This is assuming we lose to Pats but beat Dolphins of course. This is the most realistic scenario. Anyone that thinks we are beating the Pats at their place keep dreaming.

Edited by kdiggz

4 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

simple as this to get in:

Titans lose to Jax

Chargers need to lose 1 of the final 2 (Jets, Raiders)

This is assuming we lose to Pats but beat Dolphins of course

It's as simple as winning the next two games. This team needs momentum going into the playoffs. 

Finish them!!

200w_d.gif.cc7c136ab0ccf9e609a6222ba98d690c.gif

IF Miami somehow upsets the Chiefs in Kansas City, and we assume the Titans lose to the Rams, they actually will have a pretty favorable situation going into week 17 to make the wild card at 8-8 in a four way tie with us the Chargers and the Titans. That's pretty crazy. Miami absolutely needs to lose to KC if both the Titans and Bills lose next Sunday as expected. 

Of course, I'm not sure what realistic scenarios get us in at 8-8, so it's sort of irrelevant as we will have to beat Miami week 17 if we don't beat New England this week. I'm just thinking if it goes down that way, Miami's odds of the wild card at that point will be better than ours since they will likely be favored down in Miami.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I doubt if Marrone gives more than a passing thought to the Bills. Just because many here hate him,  I never got the impression he was pissed at the Bills.

2 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

There are 4 ways we get in.

1. Win out and finish 10-6 and we are in

While I think the Bills will get in, if they win out, it is NOT guaranteed. Hasn't that been established enough?