Ed Hochuli is a disgrace

sullim4

This game is a textbook example of why fans are sick of NFL officiating.

The Bills not only beat Oakland, but they also beat Hochuli and crew. Rarely have the Bills beaten the officials during the playoff drought.

Gotta love the offensive pass interference call when the Raider's DB just fell that ruined our first quarter drive & a big play, as well as our defensive holding later in the game on 3rd down that just gave the Raiders a new set of downs. Or the holding on Incognito where he did nothing wrong at all.

I mean there were more stupid calls too, but it was really the late flags when someone complained that pissed me off. If any Raider's player threw their hands up and spun around to yell at the refs, the ref would be like "Oh, he's mad! Must be a penalty!" and throw a late flag. They initially wouldn't, but after some over reactions from Raider's players they would THEN throw the flag. Easily influenced fools.

That OPI on Matthews was egregious, I mean the guy slipped.

Same thing with the holding call on Incognito. Incognito had a textbook block and the defensive player fell over another player. The ref saw the defensive player fall and automatically called holding.

This game is a textbook example of why fans are sick of NFL officiating.

The Bills not only beat Oakland, but they also beat Hochuli and crew. Rarely have the Bills beaten the officials during the playoff drought.

Good thread! I can't stand Hochuli and his crew. They always seem to want over-officiate the game for attention

Moat NFL referees are horrible. The league doesnt do them any favors either with their sh*t rulebook.

They do exactly what the league wants them to do: Utilize the badly-written vague rules to influence the outcomes of games.

I think james lofton was trying to hint at this when the ref picked up the flag after HE threw it. he said it wasn't a penalty AFTER the play resulted in an incomplete pass. Lofton was trying to understand how you throw the flag and then pick it up. it's not another ref stepping in and saying no, it was the same ref deciding to change his mind after the play's result.

I think james lofton was trying to hint at this when the ref picked up the flag after HE threw it. he said it wasn't a penalty AFTER the play resulted in an incomplete pass. Lofton was trying to understand how you throw the flag and then pick it up. it's not another ref stepping in and saying no, it was the same ref deciding to change his mind after the play's result.

It was odd to,me while watching it unfold. I saw the DE go down and immediately thought holding. Then my eyes went to Hoculi who eas running toward the sideline, fixated on the unfolding play. Then he aimlessly threw the flag back toward the line.

It wasnt the standard flag-throwing operation I'm used to seeing.

I thought the sideline ref DID comeover to correct him, which made sense to me at the time.