Marshawn Lynch suspended for Bills game; appeal denied

YoloinOhio

Man I was hoping we play against him.

me too.. but he isn't the Marshawn we all remember.. I think he's old and in the twilight of his career.

Now that I've said that watch his suspension get thrown out and he will shred the Bills for 200 all purpose yards.

Na.. that won't happen.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo he hasn't made many friends in the league office over the years with his refusal to talk to the media at the Super Bowl, etc. so I don't think they will be quick to dismiss this punishment on appeal.

he also aggressively and purposely grabbed the ref. It's not like it was an accidental bump, on top of the fact he ran onto the field from the sidelines. I don't think he has much of an argument.

i don't believe so, in fact I saw somewhere that there was only one incident of initentional contact with a ref at all and that was Orlando brown in 1999.

There was the vikes safety a few years back that was pulling guys off the pile and shoved a ref - tossed from the game but no suspension

I definitely think it's an offense that warrants suspension but trying to give some alternate perspectives if the whole rooms going to settle on assuming marshawns attorney will be sitting silently

Edited by NoSaint

i don't believe so, in fact I saw somewhere that there was only one incident of initentional contact with a ref at all and that was Orlando brown in 1999.

I was just thinking about him the other day, meant to Google him and see what he's been up to.

drop in the hat. he meant no harm to the ref. he did what at the heat of the moment he felt he had to do, was have somebody's back. I don't blame him.

That's the problem with society today... and why he didn't serve jail time for a HIT AND RUN. Utterly ridiculous.

He got two strikes against himself while he was here and a third would have meant a suspension for a whole year.

He didn't do the Bills any favors for being an idiot.

That's why the hate.

Bull crap. Dumb Bills fans hate on all ex-Bills players who go on to have successful careers elsewhere in the NFL. Marshawn didn't ask to be traded. He got pushed out because the Bills figure that great RBs are a dime a dozen ... apparently just like DBs and WRs ... and, apparently, LTs now.

drop in the hat. he meant no harm to the ref. he did what at the heat of the moment he felt he had to do, was have somebody's back. I don't blame him.

Excellent take. <_< When acts like this lead to full blown fights on the field, will you be okay with that too?

Lynch is a moron with absolutely no sense of right and wrong.

Bull crap. Dumb Bills fans hate on all ex-Bills players who go on to have successful careers elsewhere in the NFL. Marshawn didn't ask to be traded. He got pushed out because the Bills figure that great RBs are a dime a dozen ... apparently just like DBs and WRs ... and, apparently, LTs now.

Not bull crap at all. He demanded Nix trade him and wanted out of Buffalo. This is also from the 2010 season...

During the 2010 NFL season, Lynch was apparently so desperate to get out of Buffalo that he asked a few Packers players to do him a favor: Talk general manager Ted Thompson into working out a trade with the Bills.

Not only did Lynch make the request, but he made it during a game against Green Bay in 2010, according to former Packers tight end Jermichael Finley.

Finley brought up the story during an interview on the Two Deep NFL Podcast this week.

As Finley explains it, Lynch came up to him and Aaron Rodgers during a Week 2 game that the Packers won, 34-7.

"We were running off the field -- and this is when he was playing for the Bills -- it was halftime actually," Finley said. "Me and Rodgers were running to the locker room and Lynch hit us on the shoulder and said 'Tell Ted Thompson to come get me.'"

You should change your screen name to SoTear. 😢 He was a punk and is still a punk.

he had behavioral problems during his time in Buffalo, which eventually led to him getting suspended. This allowed Fred Jackson to step up and become the starter.

Yea the Bills moved on from him and he did well in Seattle and got a ring. Maybe he just needed a change in scenery. He has not really been in trouble with the law since he went back out west. Maybe Buffalo was just a bad fit for him.

Edited by Idandria

Not bull crap at all. He demanded Nix trade him and wanted out of Buffalo. This is also from the 2010 season...

Don't be so hard on the guy :rolleyes:

Judging from his level of knowledge and maturity, he was only six or seven when Lynch was a Bill.

:flirt:

Edited by cd1

he had behavioral problems during his time in Buffalo, which eventually led to him getting suspended. This allowed Fred Jackson to step up and become the starter.

Yea the Bills moved on from him and he did well in Seattle and got a ring. Maybe he just needed a change in scenery. He has not really been in trouble with the law since he went back out west. Maybe Buffalo was just a bad fit for him.

His behavior here was fine. He got pushed out because he was not good. Freddy was one cut and down hill-- 5 yards at a time. And marshawn just danced around for like 2 yard carries, and an occasional highlight play. Just wasn't nearly as good as Fred.

Once he got to seattle, I think he got some really good coaching and his running style really improved-- he became much more decisive and more north and south.

His behavior here was fine. He got pushed out because he was not good. Freddy was one cut and down hill-- 5 yards at a time. And marshawn just danced around for like 2 yard carries, and an occasional highlight play. Just wasn't nearly as good as Fred.

Once he got to seattle, I think he got some really good coaching and his running style really improved-- he became much more decisive and more north and south.

Bingo.

Agreed. Although who knows how the coaching staff wanted Lynch to play. It seemed like they ran a lot of Dennison-like wide stretch runs, which Marshawn just wasn't suited for.

Says no teammate of his ever. Are you guys seriously holding things against him years after the fact? Are you discarding all the good he has done for Oakland? Like working with kids in the city of Oakland for example?

Sometimes (many times) I sense folks get bitter when Bills players leave.

I wonder what you folks think of guys who have truly been toxic like Richie Incognito? Or does he get a pass because he's the best pulling guard in the league?

I'm having trouble following the logic guys.

Richie has been a model citizen since being in Buffalo. While in Buffalo, ML got away with hit and run drunk driving, also got busted for 3 gun misdemeanors, and wasn't even cited fir his illegal pot use in CA.

unfortunately life expectancy isn't long for guys--esp black guys--who are 6 7 and 400 LBs

According to Wiki, he died of diabetic ketoacidosis, an ailment common among diabetics caused by high blood sugar and lack of insulin...

Edited by Lurker

You seem to have forgotten how he showed up fat overweight and slow which also prompted the trade. He also missed 12 OTAs (yes I know what they are "voluntary") ML wanted out of Buffalo, anyone that doesn't remember that or chooses to ignore it fine by me.

He disliked WNY and disliked being on the Bills at the end imo, going to Seattle rejuvenated his spirit, i credit that not NECESSARILY better coaching.

According to Wiki, he died of diabetic ketoacidosis, an ailment common among diabetics caused by high blood sugar and lack of insulin...

not surprising...esp among African americans who are overweight.and made worse if medications aren't strictly followed..

I like Marshawns' personality. He a funny guy but that's just me.

Would I be upset if we don't go against him? Of course not.

I personally liked Fred Jackson's running game better than Marshawns when they were on the field together anyway.

I loved the whole Beast Mode thing and I loved the national media attention the Bills got because of Lynch (the positive attention I'm talking about oh and not "testing positive").

It sucked that he was beast mode in his time with is but then became a MONSTER with Seattle but hey, that wasn't his fault. It was our coaches.

Marshawn is just a small example of how coaching plays such an important role in an NFL team. We have many examples on our team currently like Hyde, Porter, Alexander etc. who BECAUSE of our coaches have played the way they have.

Not to switch subjects but since I dont post much I feel the need to add it here, but, that's one thing that has me excited to see how different the schemes on offense will look this week against Tampa. Sounds like the coaches who coach the offensive side of the ball have put their egos to the side and are willing to try different things.

But yeah, I'm ok with not seeing Marshawn go against us.

He disliked WNY and disliked being on the Bills at the end imo

ML's a west coast kid through and through. Parochial, judgemental upstate NY was a bad fit--but that applies to most Bills who grew up in larger, more urban areas.

Fat, drunk Canadian chicks stumbling around on Chippiwa might disagree, but I enjoyed Marshawn's time here...

I was curious and googled penalties for touching referees -- vikes safety popped up (ejected not suspended though)

And the rule book pops up with first offense as a fine:

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/fines-appeals/

So, there may be some sort of answer from his lawyer. Depends on the points of the cba rules and precedents and the Nfl often steps outside of those.

This is in the 2017 NFL rulebook Section-3, Article-1

(g) Unnecessary physical contact with a game official.

Note 1: Under no circumstance is a player allowed to shove, push, or strike an official in an offensive, disrespectful, or unsportsmanlike manner. The player shall be disqualified from the game, and any such action must be reported to the Commissioner.

Note 2: Two violations of (a), (b), or © (above) by the same player, which occur before or during the game, will result in disqualification in addition to the yardage penalty. Any violations at the game site on the day of the game, including postgame, may result in discipline by the Commissioner. Any violation of (g) above may result in disqualification and also will include discipline by the Commissioner. An official must see the entire action for a player to be disqualified.

ML's a west coast kid through and through. Parochial, judgemental upstate NY was a bad fit--but that applies to most Bills who grew up in larger, more urban areas.

Fat, drunk Canadian chicks stumbling around on Chippiwa might disagree, but I enjoyed Marshawn's time here...

he is a POS..