• Sammy Watkins
    • 14 receptions
    • 211 yards
    • 2 TDs
  • All Bills WR's this season (COMBINED)
    • 24 receptions
    • 316 yards
    • 4 TDs

You have to consider who is throwing the football...this can't be a direct comparison.

• Chris Hogan
    • 23 receptions
    • 288 yards
    • 5 TDs
  • Robert Woods
    • 17 receptions
    • 252 yards
    • 0 TDs
  • Marquise Goodwin
    • 14 receptions
    • 243 yards
    • 0 TDs
  • Sammy Watkins
    • 14 receptions
    • 211 yards
    • 2 TDs
    • 24 receptions
    • 316 yards
    • 4 TDs

And if those players were still with the Bills, they wouldn't have those numbers. Simply because Tyrod is not a good NFL QB....sorry, but while WR position group needs help, they can't throw the ball to themselves. Other teams make do with their WRs who made a roster spot out of camp, meaning they were good enough for the spot, they can be made into productive WRs. See the Brandon Tate TD from Sunday. Tyrod made a great throw, after having a horrible series preceding the INT and Tate made a great catch. Tate, et. al., can make the catches, but a good QB has to consistently put them in a position to make those catches.

And if those players were still with the Bills, they wouldn't have those numbers. Simply because Tyrod is not a good NFL QB....sorry, but while WR position group needs help, they can't throw the ball to themselves. Other teams make do with their WRs who made a roster spot out of camp, meaning they were good enough for the spot, they can be made into productive WRs. See the Brandon Tate TD from Sunday. Tyrod made a great throw, after having a horrible series preceding the INT and Tate made a great catch. Tate, et. al., can make the catches, but a good QB has to consistently put them in a position to make those catches.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Sammy-Watkins-took-a-step-toward-dominance-in-2015/2d3af3a4-de5c-414c-8c88-874a1433c3ee

Watkins put up big numbers in 2015.

They all have better QBs in systems in 2017 NFL offenses, Buffalo has a QB who struggles at throwing the ball and a offense with 2 fullbacks.

They also have better WR corps. Ours without Clay and Matthews is the worst.Any one of those ex bills is an improvement form what we have right now.

Edited by JM2009

Very sad to look at these numbers. Hogan alone nearly eclipses our entire WR group.

Best thing back in the old BBMB days when Hogan was with us I said he was a solid WR for us and could be a solid #2 WR for any team in the league. 75% of the Debbie Downers laughed me off. Ohh the memories...

I would still love Hogan as our #2 WR here.

We have the same record, or better, than all of the teams with those receivers. :D

Due to our Defense and Kicker.

Edited by Real McCoy

Best thing back in the old BBMB days when Hogan was with us I said he was a solid WR for us and could be a solid #2 WR for any team in the league. 75% of the Debbie Downers laughed me off. Ohh the memories...

I would still love Hogan as our #2 WR here.

Due our Defense and Kicker.

If the offense was great and the D and kicker stunk, and we were 3-2, would that also be bad?

• Chris Hogan
    • 23 receptions
    • 288 yards
    • 5 TDs
  • Robert Woods
    • 17 receptions
    • 252 yards
    • 0 TDs
  • Marquise Goodwin
    • 14 receptions
    • 243 yards
    • 0 TDs
  • Sammy Watkins
    • 14 receptions
    • 211 yards
    • 2 TDs
    • 24 receptions
    • 316 yards
    • 4 TDs

Aha! So it's not about the WRs at all; it's about the QB!

I hope the people at OBD realize this!

Hogan is the only one who has been consistent and Woods to some extent. Watkins got both TDs and more than half the yards in one game, the other 4 have been nothing. Similar with Goodwin, one big game and not much else. Our wideouts are bad, especially with Matthews out, but the former guys have been no great shakes with the exception of Hogan.

Our WRs suck now. I also am certain that we could have all pros at WRs surrounding Tyrod and hed struggle to get them the ball.

He is what he is at this point.

He did just fine with a healthy Watkins and Woods, far better receivers.

What's your excuse in 5 days when we are not leading the division?

That we beat TB and we're back in first.

That was 2016 in a nutshell, and yes, it was bad.

Yeah he forgot in 2015 we started out 3-2 and 2016 we started 4-2

The 2 faces of this team is just insane. Will we ever get both sides of the ball to click again at the same time?

Edited by Real McCoy

Old uncle Kirbs nailed this one. That WR talent was the worst that I ever saw. I loved the pumping up of Andre Holmes before the season. A career bum ended up a bum. Who'd have thunk it?

So....you're saying he's no Donald Jones? Oh wait....maybe he's just the NEW Donald Jones. I feel like I'm living in Groundhogs Day.

What's your excuse in 5 days when we are not leading the division?

I don't have to have an excuse. This isn't nursery school and maybe your dad can beat up mine. or vice versa.

In 5 days either NE or the Jets would temporarily be in the lead because we have a bye. The Bills win the next week and they can be back in front.

Everyone understands where things are, and that would include the Bills themselves. The D is playing very well as are special teams. The offense needs to step

It up big time. They should use the bye week to get healthier, to break down their deficiencies on offense and figure out a plan for improvement, and to potentially bring in reinforcements if they deem them necessary and if they are available.

They will win based on a strong D and kicking game, and if the offense can be efficient like they did in their victories. We will see if they can. No doubt the Clay injury hurts, but we'll see what remedies the staff conjures up.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Sammy-Watkins-took-a-step-toward-dominance-in-2015/2d3af3a4-de5c-414c-8c88-874a1433c3ee

Watkins put up big numbers in 2015.

They also have better WR corps. Ours without Clay and Matthews is the worst.Any one of those ex bills is an improvement form what we have right now.

The argument was that if those receivers were with the Bills now, those WRs would be contributing in a big way to the Offensive production, thereby changing the fate of the Bills in the current record and / or that their numbers would be similar here. Sorry, but when I say that Tyrod isn't a good QB, that means that no matter who you put over there, it isn't going to change the fate of the Bills in a measurably significant way. I'm not dumb enough to think that the passing game yards wouldn't go up, but what I AM saying is that they would not have the production initially referenced. Moreover, I sincerely don't think it would give us the two wins we lost out on, simply because he still needs to stand in the pocket in the face of pressure, anticipate spots and throw the WR open while actually hitting receivers accurately, instead of frequently behind, over or low....unless it's a deep ball, then he throws the ball well. But, how many times are NFL wide open receivers just flat-out missed?? In terms of NFL frequency: often.

Get this team a legit NFL QB....Tyrod is not it. His elusiveness and ability to escape out of the pocket, gaining yards and making dynamic plays are the FRUIT OF HIS OWN DECISIONS. Or, lack of decision(s) as he holds the ball too long.....take a look at the play when I think it was Logan Thomas was NFL wide open in the flat on a bootleg and Tyrod held the ball too long and by the time he was ready / willing to throw, he had to throw the ball over and out of the Defender's position, resulting in the ball being thrown out of bounds. However, had he simply pulled the trigger as soon as he rolled out, Logan Thomas most likely would have had a TD (presuming the throw wasn't Tyrod Terrible and Logan caught the ball). Those four points they left on the field....pretty important as the end result: a loss by 4 points.

That's the difference between Terrible Tyrod and a quality NFL QB. I like the guy as a human being, as he seems to love the game, work hard and be a decent overall guy. And respect his gifted athleticism but he is NOT AN NFL QUALITY QB....IMHO of course.

Edited by BigBuff423

Like it or not WR talent does matter. Tyrod shares some of the blame for the anemic passing attack but so does the not so talented wr corps. This group was not very talented to begin with and we have already lost Matthews and Clay. It would be challenging for the best QBs in the league to produce with this wr group. Take away Davante Adams and Jordy Nelson and you will notice a difference in the GB passing attack. We have seen that taking out Edelman and Gronk makes Brady look human. Eli Manning looked even more terrible without OBJ and we will see that again. Conversely, Goff is surrounded with a talented group of wrs as well as a smart OC and he looks much improved from last year. Better and more explosive weapons have been put around Alex Smith and he has elevated his game to a new level.

Is Tyrod a good passing QB, not really. He can be decent and with the right talent he can be explosive with his downfield throws. Probably his best asset as a passer is his deep throws and we have no deep threat wr. They either lack size, speed, catch radius, and/or the ability to track the ball. So we are reduced to a short passing attack which is really not his forte. And our wrs offer almost no elusiveness after the catch, if they do catch it. I don't see much changing and defenses realize there is no real threat downfield so they can focus on stopping our running game. And our new OC uses Tyrod more like a traditional passer instead of taking advantage of his running skills like the previous coordinators. Maybe they use the bye week to rethink things and come out with a better plan, but there really is only so much an OC can do with the limited weapons outside.

Edited by racketmaster

• Chris Hogan
    • 23 receptions
    • 288 yards
    • 5 TDs
  • Robert Woods
    • 17 receptions
    • 252 yards
    • 0 TDs
  • Marquise Goodwin
    • 14 receptions
    • 243 yards