Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not before taking away your own rights.

Plus, he can always pardon himself to make sure he's not prosecuted. :flirt:

One word......Congress....Word Two......Supreme Court

He has no power without their support.

So if he comes up with some ridiculous law or rule its gets voted down.

Hes not Dictator Trump ;) although he might like to be one ;)

Getting back to the topic......

These players are lucky to be playing a game that affords them a great lifestyle.

Respect the flag, respect the country,respect the veterans living and dead and stand for the anthem.

They will have plenty of time after their career to get political,do drugs,drink alcohol ect.

Right know I feel they might be killing the goose that laid the golden egg. JMHO

I think they should just skip the anthem tomorrow and just sing Back in the USSR instead.

:D I'd love for them to all stand for the National Anthem and then just troll Trump by playing that song. Not that he colluded with Russia, but just to get under his ridiculously thin skin.

:D I'd love for them to all stand for the National Anthem and then just troll Trump by playing that song. Not that he colluded with Russia, but just to get under his ridiculously thin skin.

I'd love the Bills to be focused on beating the Broncos and proving they are a disciplined team under the new HC and GM. Instead they are off having meeting about Trump tweet baiting the entire universe and then taking the bait.

So now we can watch some ridiculous "unified front" towards Trump the ultimate trollster. Shortly after we get see the disorganized front while they try and create holes for Shady. How exciting! Maybe I was alone in hoping the oldest team in the league could focus on doing their jobs and perhaps winning a few games.

It's really turned into a sick joke over there at OBD.

This will not end well for the NFL

It won't.

It takes some serious balls to come off a game like last week and be focused on anything other than playing better. They should be standing at the gates and thanking fans for showing up to watch this horrible offense. Instead they are playing backroom politics and getting trolled by Trump.

It's ridiculous.

This Trump thing is not new anymore nor are his publicity stunts. If you are still outraged by these blowhard you are a !@#$ing idiot.

And the answer IS.....It is not racist! And neither is 99% of the dialogue that gets called racist.

I will miss you 62, but if the team protests the president today, I am no longer a fan.

I'll still be watching. but that's because I could give a rats ass what an nfl player does during an anthem. I only care what they do on the field because it's not about protest, a given right I may add, but about the game.

those that say they will not watch or be a fan anymore, do you really believe you'll be missed?

This will not end well for the NFL

Players killing the golden egg laying goose.

I'll still be watching. but that's because I could give a rats ass what an nfl player does during an anthem. I only care what they do on the field because it's not about protest, a given right I may add, but about the game.

those that say they will not watch or be a fan anymore, do you really believe you'll be missed?

Never expected for one nano second that I would be missed. But the 12% (ratings drop) now, then 20, then 30+ % will surely be missed.

There's a lot of bills fans saying they are done with the team because of the statement from Pegula. How in the world does that statement offend anyone???

B'cause the statement supports the actions of players who disrespect the country of America and the flag that is a symbol of the greatest nation in history.

Let them become Iranian soccer players and protest that flag.

Players killing the golden egg laying goose.

Never expected for one nano second that I would be missed. But the 12% (ratings drop) now, then 20, then 30+ % will surely be missed.

B'cause the statement supports the actions of players who disrespect the country of America and the flag that is a symbol of the greatest nation in history.

Let them become Iranian soccer players and protest that flag.

You must be a real snowflake if you're offended by the thought of a bunch of professional athletes disrespecting an idea you care about. You're soft!

And yeah, that's right, let's become Iran so we can punish dissidents! Brilliant take dude.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

You must be a real snowflake if you're offended by the thought of a bunch of professional athletes disrespecting an idea you care about. You're soft!

And yeah, that's right, let's become Iran so we can punish dissidents! Brilliant take dude.

Reading comprehension classes are available evenings at most high schools. Not what I said at all.

Trump said nothing racist. Players are disrespecting our country and using their employment as a platform to bring attention to their perceived racial injustices. I am an American and I find kneeling during the national anthem disrespectful, divisive and creating racial tension. It's their right to protest. It's my right to turn the tv off and go work on my tree stands or mow the lawn. I don't watch football for this crap and I stand with my President.

I am glad NASCAR is above this.

Edited by bmur66

First of all this issue has very little to do with the First Amendment or rights generally. This is a (mostly) private business, although the antitrust exemption makes this slightly more interesting.

I always thought Kaep's method of protest was counterproductive, narcissistic, and fairly asinine.

But then Trump came along and out-Kaep'd him by needlessly drawing attention to the issue and elevating Kaep to the status of cultural warrior that he always has wanted to achieve. Talk about counterproductive, narcissistic and asinine - but that's "our" president for ya.

Again, this is not about rights. Kaep has the "right" to kneel and the owners have the right to fire him for it. Trump has the "right" to say moronic things that further degrade his own standing and legitimacy. They both have the right to be idiots, and that's what's going on here.

Side note: I find it amusing that the folks who get offended by people kneeling during the anthem are many of the same folks who love to use the term "snowflake." If you're offended by someone disrespecting an idea you care about, your beliefs are pretty soft and vulnerable.

EDIT: meanwhile, I don't see the Bills scoring a TD tomorrow unless it's by the defense or STs. Not because of this - because their GM and coach don't believe skill or speed is needed on offense.

Snowflake & Deplorable are interchangeable. They are both identical in many ways. They both get offended easily. And of course they are deplorable. LoL... Funny watching these two go at it. Usually, splits along the Baby Boomer/Millennial (Echo Boomer)/generational lines. Now, I am not throwing everybody in the basket or snowbank... There are sensible ones in those generations.

It's the slacker generation that will have to keep the peace. ;-)

Protest on your own time not on your job. Did your ever hear the expression don't offend your customer. I believe in everyone's right to protest but it should be done on your own time. They can do it on there own social media if they want. The NFL and its players are only hurting them selves. Ratings are falling and attendance is way down. But there leader the NFL commissioner doubles down. Here is an example if your standing next to someone in the stands while the national anthem is playing and there acting like a jerk, talking and not taking there hat off saying FU and acting disrespectful. people around that person are going to boo him or her or tell them to stop and straighten up and have some respect. This is no different if players do this. So while I respect everyone's right to protest it should not be done at work. If the NFL commissioner had any balls he would say to the players you can protest to the cows come home but do it on your own time. Let's not offend are customer base and disrespect the flag and anthem that so many people sacrificed and died defending. Example if I walk into my local McDonald's and they hang the american flag upside down and are disrespectful and place a picture of our President with the words fascist over his face. I'm probably not going to be going to that McDonald's ever again. People should do there protesting on there own time. Not on the company time that they work for time. Workers should stay neutral because they are there to serve customers. Customers come into eat at McDonald's, not to hear and see and have to listen to or see political stuff and disrespect to our flag. I'm not for or against President Trump and I would not go for that if Mcdonalds was also disrespecting a President Hillary Clinton. So let's get back to reality here the NFL and the people who run it are pissing of a large percentage of there customers. In the long run this will cost them millions of dollars in TV revenue

and ticket sales and merchandise sales.

Why can't the people running the NFL understand this simple concept. I would say there pissing off about 70 percent of there customer base. If you think that is ok then you have no concept of how to run a business.

Edited by oldschoolfootball1963

Trump said nothing racist. Players are disrespecting our country and using their employment as a platform to bring attention to their perceived racial injustices. I am an American and I find kneeling during the national anthem disrespectful, divisive and creating racial tension. It's their right to protest. It's my right to turn the tv off and go work on my tree stands or mow the lawn. I don't watch football for this crap and I stand with my President.

That's pretty much how I see it. They can use it as a political platform if they want, but that doesn't mean I have to watch.

There's a lot of bills fans saying they are done with the team because of the statement from Pegula. How in the world does that statement offend anyone???

They're Deplor-a-Bills. That's why.

Probably the same drunk fools who crash on tables and light themselves on fire. :lol:

"...You could try to train me like a pet

You could try to teach me to behave

But I'll tell you, if I haven't learned it yet

I ain't gonna sit

I ain't gonna stay..."

Shouldn't we all be digging our fall out shelter? Ain't gonna dig itself and Amazon won't be delivering!

:-/ Another day, another stupid thread, another stupid post.

Protest on your own time not on your job. Did your ever hear the expression don't offend your customer. I believe in everyone's right to protest but it should be done on your own time. They can do it on there own social media if they want. The NFL and its players are only hurting them selves. Ratings are falling and attendance is way down. But there leader the NFL commissioner doubles down. Here is an example if your standing next to someone in the stands while the national anthem is playing and there acting like a jerk, talking and not taking there hat off saying FU and acting disrespectful. people around that person are going to boo him or her

or tell them to stop and straighten up and have some respect. This is no different if players do this. So while I respect everyone's right to protest it should not be done at work. If the NFL commissioner had any balls he would say to the players you can protest to the cows come home but do it on your own time. Let's not offend are customer base and disrespect the flag and anthem that so many people sacrificed and died defending.

great post, if they want to protest, do it like we did it in 60s, walk the streets carrying signs

The players have first amendment rights. The owners and league have the right to set workplace policies. Apparently the owners have decided they are OK with allowing the players to express their opinion in this manner.

I'm fine with that. The flag as a symbol of our country should stand for freedom above all. Players have the freedom to take a stand. If you don't like it you have the freedom to not support the league if you disagree. The president has the freedom to act like a jingoistic moron if he wants. It's about freedom.

The Orange Clown dodged the draft, bad-mouthed POWs and berated a Gold Star family. He has real respect for the flag and the men and women who defend it.

Sometimes I imagine a world where Obama did any one of the horrendous things Trump had done. Imagine if Obama was a billionaire draft dodger who talked about unfair media attention. Imagine if Obama had called Fox News commentators "fake news" and declared them the enemy. Imagine if Obama insulted a Gold Star family because they spoke at the RNC. Imagine if an old video was produced where Obama said right after 9/11 he now had the tallest building in NYC. I mean I could literally go on for hours.

Your an idiot. No one stands watching their TV.

Is he really arguing that people at home stand for the anthem??? What??? I've never seen that happen, not once.

Protest on your own time not on your job. Did your ever hear the expression don't offend your customer. I believe in everyone's right to protest but it should be done on your own time. They can do it on there own social media if they want. The NFL and its players are only hurting them selves. Ratings are falling and attendance is way down. But there leader the NFL commissioner doubles down. Here is an example if your standing next to someone in the stands while the national anthem is playing and there acting like a jerk, talking and not taking there hat off saying FU and acting disrespectful. people around that person are going to boo him or her or tell them to stop and straighten up and have some respect. This is no different if players do this. So while I respect everyone's right to protest it should not be done at work. If the NFL commissioner had any balls he would say to the players you can protest to the cows come home but do it on your own time. Let's not offend are customer base and disrespect the flag and anthem that so many people sacrificed and died defending. Example if I walk into my local McDonald's and they hang the american flag upside down and are disrespectful and place a picture of our President with the words fascist over his face. I'm probably not going to be going to that McDonald's ever again. People should do there protesting on there own time. Not on the company time that they work for time. Workers should stay neutral because they are there to serve customers. Customers come into eat at McDonald's, not to hear and see and have to listen to or see political stuff and disrespect to our flag. I'm not for or against President Trump and I would not go for that if Mcdonalds was also disrespecting a President Hillary Clinton. So let's get back to reality here the NFL and the people who run it are pissing of a large percentage of there customers. In the long run this will cost them millions of dollars in TV revenue

and ticket sales and merchandise sales.

Why can't the people running the NFL understand this simple concept. I would say there pissing off about 70 percent of there customer base. If you think that is ok then you have no concept of how to run a business.

Stop making up numbers to support your narrative.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jerry-jones-feels-so-strongly-that-players-should-stand-for-the-national-anthem/

Jim Brown, one of the best, if not the best RB of all time has stated he doesn't agree at all with players disrespting the flag and country.

Yet, no one wants to stand up to bad mouth these guys over the comments

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jerry-jones-feels-so-strongly-that-players-should-stand-for-the-national-anthem/

Jim Brown, one of the best, if not the best RB of all time has stated he doesn't agree at all with players disrespting the flag and country.

That's not what they're doing.

I have a hard time understanding why people are upset over peaceful protest. For so many years, when people of color protest, they are told to do so peacefully. And now, when they do it peacefully, they're told by the POTUS that they should be fired from their jobs, and they're called sons of bitches.

Even if I didn't agree with the message of their protest, I'd be perfectly fine with it. It's their damned rights to kneel if they want. I'm pretty staunchly anti organized religion on a large scale, but I'm not flipping out and calling for heads every time a player prays, does a cross or whatever. Let people practice their beliefs, protest, speak, whatever, as long as it's not hateful and/or an active threat towards someone.

I have a hard time understanding why people are upset over peaceful protest. For so many years, when people of color protest, they are told to do so peacefully. And now, when they do it peacefully, they're told by the POTUS that they should be fired from their jobs, and they're called sons of bitches.

Even if I didn't agree with the message of their protest, I'd be perfectly fine with it. It's their damned rights to kneel if they want. I'm pretty staunchly anti organized religion on a large scale, but I'm not flipping out and calling for heads every time a player prays, does a cross or whatever. Let people practice their beliefs, protest, speak, whatever, as long as it's not hateful and/or an active threat towards someone.

what do you expect from a racist pos?

Like he's a poster child for the Police Benevolence Association.

:-/

I am glad NASCAR is above this.

I stand with our President also. Could not agree more with everything you said.