Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to not make this political, but trying to keep it from a fan standpoint. If the Bills players " protest" over this, I will personally be actively rooting against them because of it. Something I never thought I would do. Not that my opinion matters more than anyone else's, just putting it out there from a fan perspective. I hate the possibility of this.

Did you just say and do you actually believe the president of the US can't take away anyone's rights?

I don't even know which comments they are meeting over, but he's the president of our country. Most powerful man in the world. He has the power to do just about anything. He might not get away with everything. But I don't think anyone's going to stop them from actually doing just about anything.

You can relax, the last thing the President is interested in doing is firing football players from the NFL.

a lot of the anger is coming from those who are tired of hearing about it and tired of an issue that has been proven false continue to get attention for a political goal which is dangerous to our country.

That's where the anger is. No one can simply ignore this issue.

Good summarization.

Oooooohhhhh... that comment. Now I see.

Completely understandable why players would get so upset.

Not really. That's the reality any of us that have a job have to live within. We don't have the same rights at work as everywhere else. Hate to break it to these poor NFL ers.

Sure--it's a stoopid thing to say; what else is new?

It's also utterly harmless and pointless (again, what else is new?).

It's not stupid.

Not really. That's the reality any of us that have a job have to live within. We don't have the same rights at work as everywhere else. Hate to break it to these poor NFL ers.

It's not stupid.

I think it is, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I think it makes him look silly.

Yes. Players aren't people like us and certainly aren't Americans like us. They are required to eat, sleep, ****, breathe and drink football. When making babies, they also better be thinking football. When visiting sick family members = football. Etc. :doh:

off topic but I imagined their babies would look like Stewie Griffith and the football head. This made me laugh.

President Trump is a genius.

He said these comments because he knew the ratings in the NFL were declining.

Now everyone, including non-football fans, will be tuning in to see which players will be kneeling during the national anthem and who won't.

Brilliant. Roger Goodell couldn't think this up.

Yes. Players aren't people like us and certainly aren't Americans like us. They are required to eat, sleep, ****, breathe and drink football. When making babies, they also better be thinking football. When visiting sick family members = football. Etc. :doh:

What could be more American than putting work above politics and in-fighting?

I'm okay with him saying anything he wants; if he tries to make a law against rights that are guaranteed in the constitution, well, different story

I am not. He should be the Voice of the People. not his personal twitter binge.

If he was not The President of The United States of America , i would care less.

but he is The Leader we voted into Office.

Does he represent the majority of Our Country? Yikes

but it is true. Just another senile tweet

Hard to not make this political, but trying to keep it from a fan standpoint. If the Bills players " protest" over this, I will personally be actively rooting against them because of it. Something I never thought I would do. Not that my opinion matters more than anyone else's, just putting it out there from a fan perspective. I hate the possibility of this.

I'm sure every team feels similar. Too many instigators on all sides. I just want to watch football. In today's climate the first person to let things go is the bigger person. Whether you agree or not. The endless bickering is obnoxious.