Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

Who's offended? There's one group that is [reported to be] so emotionally distraught that they need a group therapy session because Trump hurt their feelings, and another bunch of people ridiculing them. And you think those ridiculing them are the snowflakes?

they're all snowflakes. anyone bothered by a football player kneeling during an anthem, is a snowflake. does his kneeling affect their life, does it hurt their feelings? doesn't mine. I'll still stand for the flag and just because joe blow football player doesn't isn't going to make me lose sleep, it's his right. is he bitching and moaning at me for standing? no

soft society today, real soft.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

So the government saying to fire someone cuz of a legal protest isnt against the first amendment? Oh wait, it is.

Again, the if the nfl said it, fine. Businesses can do what they want.

Who said they should be fired?

in actuality, from my perspective, it would be those offended by it that are the snowflakes.

why some just don't ignore it and watch the !@#$ing game is beyond me.

how the hell can we ignore it? The camera zooms in on it, networks cover it 24/7, etc etc

When we simply say we are tired of it and don't care we are called out as raysis.

If you don't care about this issue you're raysis or Hitler. That's all this country has become.

Many don't care enough to chime in. Me. I just have free time and neglecting other responsibilities

they're all snowflakes. anyone bothered by a football player kneeling during an anthem, is a snowflake. does his kneeling affect their life, does it hurt their feelings? doesn't mine. I'll still stand for the flag and just because joe blow football player doesn't isn't going to make me lose sleep, it's his right. is he bitching and moaning at me for standing? no

this offends me. I need crayons

He's spitting on the first amendment by exercising his first amendment rights?

Look, I don't like the guy, but this is not scary in any way whatsoever. He's a blowhard that can't take away anyone's rights. He wants attention and reactions, and he knows how to get them from overly sensitive folks (not saying that's you).

He found a way to make this about him.

Did you just say and do you actually believe the president of the US can't take away anyone's rights?

I don't even know which comments they are meeting over, but he's the president of our country. Most powerful man in the world. He has the power to do just about anything. He might not get away with everything. But I don't think anyone's going to stop them from actually doing just about anything.

I don't sit down to watch the game until about 25 second till kickoff, so the anthem, and what the players, coaches or fans do during the anthem doesn't concern me in the least. BUT...I now actively HOPE that every player in the NFL kneels.

What a STUPID stance for the President of The United States of America to take. This !@#$ing clown makes me sick.

Hey mod why isn't this ahole banned for spouting politics?

I don't sit down to watch the game until about 25 second till kickoff, so the anthem, and what the players, coaches or fans do during the anthem doesn't concern me in the least. BUT...I now actively HOPE that every player in the NFL kneels.

What a STUPID stance for the President of The United States of America to take. This !@#$ing clown makes me sick.

They don't even really start broadcasting the game until kickoff much anymore unless its primetime.

Did you just say and do you actually believe the president of the US can't take away anyone's rights?

I don't even know which comments they are meeting over, but he's the president of our country. Most powerful man in the world. He has the power to do just about anything. He might not get away with everything. But I don't think anyone's going to stop them from actually doing just about anything.

uh. The guy can't even make a spelling error without the world melting.

Great way of putting it. No one taking a knee is trying to force anyone to join them. It's really not a big deal. People getting angry are just proving their point.

Um, it's only against the constitution for the government to oppress speech. That is what Trump is doing.

Citizens have the right to not have their speech squashed by the government, which is literally what Trump did. If the NFL fired a player for it, it would be sad, but not against the most important, and first, ammendment.

Huge difference, my man.

Can someone please tell me which contemptible comment the team is so upset about?

Great way of putting it. No one taking a knee is trying to force anyone to join them. It's really not a big deal. People getting angry are just proving their point.

a lot of the anger is coming from those who are tired of hearing about it and tired of an issue that has been proven false continue to get attention for a political goal which is dangerous to our country.

That's where the anger is. No one can simply ignore this issue.

how the hell can we ignore it? The camera zooms in on it, networks cover it 24/7, etc etc

When we simply say we are tired of it and don't care we are called out as raysis.

If you don't care about this issue you're raysis or Hitler. That's all this country has become.

Many don't care enough to chime in. Me. I just have free time and neglecting other responsibilities

this offends me. I need crayons

want the truth and only from my perspective, I choose to see what I want to see. I don't pay any attention to it and frankly, I can't remember the last time I listened/watched an anthem before a game.

I allow anyone to choose how they want to live as long as it does not affect my life. kneeling for an anthem, does not affect my life whatsoever.

here you go:

rolling_rainbow_crayons.jpg

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

That's correct.

If he does something unconstitutional, he can be impeached.

Very simple.

Um, it's only against the constitution for the government to oppress speech. That is what Trump is doing.

Citizens have the right to not have their speech squashed by the government, which is literally what Trump did. If the NFL fired a player for it, it would be sad, but not against the most important, and first, ammendment.

Huge difference, my man.

Did he actually oppress speech or did he simply use the first amendment, that he is also entitled, to give his own opinion?

Edited by Scott7975

want the truth and only from my perspective, I choose to see what I want to see. I don't pay any attention to it and frankly, I can't remember the last time I listened/watched to an anthem before a game.

I allow anyone to choose how they want to live as long as it does not affect my life. kneeling for an anthem, does not affect my life whatsoever.

here you go:

rolling_rainbow_crayons.jpg

the racial tone of those crayons is offensive.

He's not oppressing free speech in any way whatsoever. He hasn't signed any kind of EO requiring folks to say/not say what they want. He's not pushing for legislation. He's simply voicing his opinion that owners should fire players for protesting (which, as you point out, they can)...rightly or wrongly.

Oppressing free speech would include inflicting violence against those that say things with which you don't agree, etc...it's important, IMO, to consider who does such things.

Oooooohhhhh... that comment. Now I see.

Completely understandable why players would get so upset.