Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

How about they ignore it, go out and play a football game. If they are so pi$$ed off because the prez decided not to wash their ball$ like the media have been doing, take it out on the Broncos.

Just suppose the Bills beat the Broncos tomorrow...what difference will their assumed protest mean to you? Why can't you ignore it?

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. I'll guess based on seventy straight years of something relentless and unwavering. You guess based on a recent hunch the opposite of everything in front of you. Cheers.

But the Mexicans are going to pay for that really stupid wall.

A recent hunch? Ok , I'm basing it on what I think. You are basing yours based on what you think. He backed law enforcement Officers and expressed great respect for the military. Obama invited racists to the White House . That's all I need to know. Did anyone really think there would be a wall, or that Mexico would pay for it. Campaign rhetoric, people need to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Obviously firing players isn't really possible in that line of work. It was purely a hypothetical , " wouldn't it be great if" type thing. However, it's entirely feasible for owners just to stop the playing of the anthem or keep the players in the locker room until afterward. Then there would be no " platform" if you will. It would be great if fans would get up and walk out but they paid money and I doubt many would, at least in Buffalo.

Your on to something...I wouldn't be surprised, a year from now, there is no national anthem before games.

Your on to something...I wouldn't be surprised, a year from now, there is no national anthem before games.

The national anthem is a newish tradition and it really isn't necessary to do it every game. The sanctity of the song is diminished the more frequently it's played anyway. The same is true of anything precious.

The funny thing is, the NFL has been, probably he strongest vehicle for American jingoism over the last 30 years or so...they have always been there for all the phony patriotic photo-ops...Trump is so scorned that the 32 billionaires didn't want him in their club, he went after them, and burned what should be an easy ally, for a fairly unpopular president. America has always loved the NFL. He can't even make the easy layup..

But why is he an idiot?

There are many reasons, I've listed them before and it's tiresome after awhile. Before the playing of the anthem, the announcer will say " to honor America , please rise..." . They don't wish to honor America , for the purpose of advancing a false narrative . People are there to watch a game. You want to hold a fist up in the air, fine but at least stand. Should we all wear signs to the game stating what we don't like about America so that all others can se it? That's not what the movement is for. Their " opinion" on things is no more valid than anyone else's . How selfish of them. A moment that is meant to unify is suddenly used to divide. This is arrogant , self aggrandizing behavior. " Look at me! I have an opinion Yay! It's statistically irrelevant and largely false but the media will lap it up without question. Such a turn off.

How about they ignore it, go out and play a football game. If they are so pi$$ed off because the prez decided not to wash their ball$ like the media have been doing, take it out on the Broncos.

Why can't you just ignore it?

You think the players should be able to ignore it and the comments were aimed directly at them, their fellow teammates and their place of employment. While none of this stuff has anything to do with you and you are still taking issue with it. You can't just ignore it yet you expect the players to do so.

I know you will say "well it's their job" and I agree their job is to play football. But they are not prohibited at their job from expressing their viewpoint. Read all of the different owners who made statements today. Every one of them supported their players rights.

They are allowed to feel however they want and express their opinion, just like you.

They are also allowed to peacefully protest if they so choose. It is one of the rights our great constitution gives us.

I agree though - take it out on the Broncos and win a damn football game!

The funny thing is, the NFL has been, probably he strongest vehicle for American jingoism over the last 30 years or so...they have always been there for all the phony patriotic photo-ops...Trump is so scorned that the 32 billionaires didn't want him in their club, he went after them, and burned what should be an easy ally, for a fairly unpopular president. America has always loved the NFL. He can't even make the easy layup..

It's not easy to piss off and alienate two entire pro sports in one day. If it wasn't for NAFTA he would have trashed hockey and baseball too.

All 32 Billionaires didn't want him in their club ? I think he was outbid for the Bills. Anyway, he doesn't care about the easy layup. The NFL has with their salute to service and all that. Fans like it. It tugs at heartstrings. Now they are becoming less popular but won't point to the obvious reason why. They've looked for every other reason. They could have squashed this early. Talk about an easy layup.

The national anthem is a newish tradition and it really isn't necessary to do it every game. The sanctity of the song is diminished the more frequently it's played anyway. The same is true of anything precious.

I've been watching sports since 1972. Thousands of games, all leagues...I don't remember once (except the Sunday after 9/11) being in a room of people watching a game on tv, where people stood up to observe the anthem. In fact, in the NFL, other than playoff games, and the occasional high profile prime time game, they don't even broadcast the anthems (except hockey!)...if people weren't told that these protests were happening before games, they wouldn't know the difference.

Why can't you just ignore it?

You think the players should be able to ignore it and the comments were aimed directly at them, their fellow teammates and their place of employment. While none of this stuff has anything to do with you and you are still taking issue with it. You can't just ignore it yet you expect the players to do so.

I know you will say "well it's their job" and I agree their job is to play football. But they are not prohibited at their job from expressing their viewpoint. Read all of the different owners who made statements today. Every one of them supported their players rights.

They are allowed to feel however they want and express their opinion, just like you.

They are also allowed to peacefully protest if they so choose. It is one of the rights our great constitution gives us.

I agree though - take it out on the Broncos and win a damn football game!

In case you haven't noticed . The media , even on shows that are supposed to be about sports, won't let anyone ignore it. If they'd ignore it, that would make it easier for everyone else. They are still a business ( with an anti-trust exemption from Congress I might add) and it's in the interest of any business to give its customers what they want. Of course the libtard owners came out with statements , but not the owners who donated to Trump. Their opinion is wrong, yet it's portrayed in the media as fact. We all have opinions but only theirs are heard in that forum. Again, maybe ticked off fans should hold up signs during the anthem. It's not meant to be a time for a pi$$ing match. Why play it at all?

I've been watching sports since 1972. Thousands of games, all leagues...I don't remember once (except the Sunday after 9/11) being in a room of people watching a game on tv, where people stood up to observe the anthem. In fact, in the NFL, other than playoff games, and the occasional high profile prime time game, they don't even broadcast the anthems (except hockey!)...if people weren't told that these protests were happening before games, they wouldn't know the difference.

You are wrong. Most everyone stands. It's correct that the anthem was rarely shown , but now the media lap dogs show it and talk about it afterward. It's a complete joke show.

You are wrong. Most everyone stands. It's correct that the anthem was rarely shown , but now the media lap dogs show it and talk about it afterward. It's a complete joke show.

So, when you watch a game on tv, they show the local prom-queen singing the anthem, you stand in your living room, hand on heart? I am not making fun of that, I just don't ever remember experiencing that... now, going to a game is different...but the vast, vast majority of Americans don't attend games...

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

© The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speakers desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.

(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

You've all done a few of these. This isn't a disrespecting the country or flag issue. It's a human rights issue and the more everyone pretends to be patriotic, the longer our nation's problems will get dragged along and the endless argument goes on.

Seems like the thin blue line flag is against our flags code of conduct. Hmmm, all those American flags with the bills logo? Yeah, against the code of conduct. That philosophical debate over the first amendment of carrying the Confederate flag? Well that's against the code of conduct for the AMERICAN FLAG.

Edited by Elite Poster

There are many reasons, I've listed them before and it's tiresome after awhile. Before the playing of the anthem, the announcer will say " to honor America , please rise..." . They don't wish to honor America , for the purpose of advancing a false narrative . People are there to watch a game. You want to hold a fist up in the air, fine but at least stand. Should we all wear signs to the game stating what we don't like about America so that all others can se it? That's not what the movement is for. Their " opinion" on things is no more valid than anyone else's . How selfish of them. A moment that is meant to unify is suddenly used to divide. This is arrogant , self aggrandizing behavior. " Look at me! I have an opinion Yay! It's statistically irrelevant and largely false but the media will lap it up without question. Such a turn off.

First of all, I appreciate you repeating yourself because I asked. I don't come around this part of the board very often.

But I think everyone who keeps calling this a "false narrative" is reducing a very complex issue that is rooted in many years of oppression to a few examples and talking points.

It's the same as when women come forward with instances of sexual harassment or assault and we don't believe them or act like it isn't a real issue because some examples haven't held water.

What the president is doing is also arrogant, self-aggrandizing behavior saying and doing things that divide. Sure the players are using the platform to promote a message, but that's what celebrities do. It's equally selfish of you to make this protest about you and how you interpret the flag, etc. without having a dialogue with the people that are a part of this protest. This is a complicated issue and it's being endlessly reduced to specific talking points that only serve to get us all in shouting matches.

In case you haven't noticed . The media , even on shows that are supposed to be about sports, won't let anyone ignore it. If they'd ignore it, that would make it easier for everyone else. They are still a business ( with an anti-trust exemption from Congress I might add) and it's in the interest of any business to give its customers what they want. Of course the libtard owners came out with statements , but not the owners who donated to Trump. Their opinion is wrong, yet it's portrayed in the media as fact. We all have opinions but only theirs are heard in that forum. Again, maybe ticked off fans should hold up signs during the anthem. It's not meant to be a time for a pi$$ing match. Why play it at all?

Are you mad at trump for making these divisive comments that are causing all this backlash? Or is that fine because you agree with his point of view?

Question, were you this mad at Trump for his comments disrespecting POW's and that gold star family? Those comments actually were direct insult to our veterans. But my guess is that those comments probably didn't bother you nearly as much as thinking about someone not standing for the anthem.

Why is their opinion automatically wrong, BTW?

Also, are you saying that that most everyone stands for the national anthem watching the game at home? I have never once done that or been around anyone who has, and I have watched a ton of Bills/Sabres games with tons of different people. They usually don't even show the anthem during Bills games.

Now next time they play the anthem on tv I am going to picture you at home, standing with your hand on your heart, forcing everyone else there to do the same. Haha

Edited by BillsFan4

First of all, I appreciate you repeating yourself because I asked. I don't come around this part of the board very often.

But I think everyone who keeps calling this a "false narrative" is reducing a very complex issue that is rooted in many years of oppression to a few examples and talking points.

It's the same as when women come forward with instances of sexual harassment or assault and we don't believe them or act like it isn't a real issue because some examples haven't held water.

What the president is doing is also arrogant, self-aggrandizing behavior saying and doing things that divide. Sure the players are using the platform to promote a message, but that's what celebrities do. It's equally selfish of you to make this protest about you and how you interpret the flag, etc. without having a dialogue with the people that are a part of this protest. This is a complicated issue and it's being endlessly reduced to specific talking points that only serve to get us all in shouting matches.

Wow. Very well said. I wish I could have said it as eloquently as you...

There's a lot of bills fans saying they are done with the team because of the statement from Pegula. How in the world does that statement offend anyone???

"snowflakes"... lol. (I hate that stupid word)

But I have no idea why anyone would take offense to what the Pegula's said. I didn't find anything they said offensive in any way.

There's a lot of bills fans saying they are done with the team because of the statement from Pegula. How in the world does that statement offend anyone???

I am actually more proud tonight that the Pegulas are the owners after that statement...

Good! Bye Felicia!

yeah...see u next Sunday :lol:

"Talk to me...so you can see...ohh What's Goin' On" - Marvin Gaye

I think they should just skip the anthem tomorrow and just sing Back in the USSR instead.

I think I have a solution...everyone should just sing the Canadian national anthem so that it would only be disrespecting their flag...I think we could bring the whole country together in agreement with that.

I did not find the statement offensive.

I'm hoping that the entire team stands during the national anthem. I just like to see that, and I don't want the Bills to be caught up in controversy by kneeling down.

Then again, if the Bills do choose to kneel down, it would actually bring some publicity to the Bills. The buffoons at NFL Network, would actually have to accept the fact that there is an actual NFL team in Buffalo, and they will have to actually talk about them.

Edited by Mark Vader

We'll see that's the problem, but in reverse. I have looked into it ( probably more than the players have and more than C Kaep because his staements show his ignorance of how things work. He actually thinks that administrative leave for Police officers is intended to be their " punishment" which is totally incorrect . Many of these cases actually went through the justice system and Officers were charged. The burden of proof for a Police Officer is different when acting in the scope of their duties than it is for a private citizen . These players don't seem to grasp this fact. The numbers show that these shootings are statistically irrelevant. They are not widespread. Almost all of them could have been avoided if the suspect had simply followed instructions. So excuse me , but saying I am boiling it down to talking points couldn't be further from the truth. That's what the players are doing. Gang on gang crime is far more common and a much bigger problem and more likely to affect African American men than police confrontations are. But they have chosen this as a struggle instead of one that is far more common and denies people justice more often as these gang related murders are rarely solved. I am not making their protest about me. However it is frustrating to see a false narrative being pushed and peddled as fact without the other side of the story being told. That Cops only have a split second to react , and that is why they give clear instructions on what to do. Sadly, some do not follow them.

Are you mad at trump for making these divisive comments that are causing all this backlash? Or is that fine because you agree with his point of view?

Question, were you this mad at Trump for his comments disrespecting POW's and that gold star family? Those comments actually were direct insult to our veterans. But my guess is that those comments probably didn't bother you nearly as much as thinking about someone not standing for the anthem.

Why is their opinion automatically wrong, BTW?

Also, are you saying that that most everyone stands for the national anthem watching the game at home? I have never once done that or been around anyone who has, and I have watched a ton of Bills/Sabres games with tons of different people. They usually don't even show the anthem during Bills games.

Now next time they play the anthem on tv I am going to picture you at home, standing with your hand on your heart, forcing everyone else there to do the same. Haha

No I'm not saying folks do that at home. Trumps statement was fine because he was giving a retort to the divisive protests. It was " the unheard other side of the story " that we don't get from the liberal media. It would be nice if after the protests, the media would talk about maybe why the narrative isn't quite correct. F$&k that family, they were used as a political pawn by the left. If the guy was really a Muslim he wouldn't fight in the military. Didn't guys use that to dodge service in the past? Those comments didn't bother me, they were about particular individuals, not about the country as a whole. You can picture it all you want, but I won't be standing at home. If I was at the stadium this week , I would stand. And yes, the networks have been showing the anthem lately because of the protests. Like we are supposed to give a f@@k what these idiots think.

Wow. Very well said. I wish I could have said it as eloquently as you...

"snowflakes"... lol. (I hate that stupid word)

But I have no idea why anyone would take offense to what the Pegula's said. I didn't find anything they said offensive in any way.

I would have preferred if they kept quiet on it. Knocked them down a few notches to me.

Just suppose the Bills beat the Broncos tomorrow...what difference will their assumed protest mean to you? Why can't you ignore it?

If they protest ( I hope they don't ) I will root for the Broncos. And for injuries. Its just how I feel about it.

They're Deplor-a-Bills. That's why.

I will deplore them if they protest.

Your an idiot. No one stands watching their TV.

I meant at the game not at home .

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

© The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speakers desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.

(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

You've all done a few of these. This isn't a disrespecting the country or flag issue. It's a human rights issue and the more everyone pretends to be patriotic, the longer our nation's problems will get dragged along and the endless argument goes on.

Seems like the thin blue line flag is against our flags code of conduct. Hmmm, all those American flags with the bills logo? Yeah, against the code of conduct. That philosophical debate over the first amendment of carrying the Confederate flag? Well that's against the code of conduct for the AMERICAN FLAG.

It's disrespecting the country over a false issue. It's not the flag. They say please rise to honor America, not the flag.

I did not find the statement offensive.

I'm hoping that the entire team stands during the national anthem. I just like to see that, and I don't want the Bills to be caught up in controversy by kneeling down.

Then again, if the Bills do choose to kneel down, it would actually bring some publicity to the Bills. The buffoons at NFL Network, would actually have to accept the fact that there is an actual NFL team in Buffalo, and they will have to actually talk about them.

This. I would like them all to stand in unity. Hopefully Pegula got to them, and yes, they got back to the Pegulas.

Stand united NOT because a boss is forcing you like "Trump the Chump" is espousing. But because they are united behind the common goal for all... The owners, fans, themselves, one's who they have a beef with and most importantly what's moral and right in civil society.

That's where the healing begins.

First of all this issue has very little to do with the First Amendment or rights generally. This is a (mostly) private business, although the antitrust exemption makes this slightly more interesting.

I always thought Kaep's method of protest was counterproductive, narcissistic, and fairly asinine.

But then Trump came along and out-Kaep'd him by needlessly drawing attention to the issue and elevating Kaep to the status of cultural warrior that he always has wanted to achieve. Talk about counterproductive, narcissistic and asinine - but that's "our" president for ya.

Again, this is not about rights. Kaep has the "right" to kneel and the owners have the right to fire him for it. Trump has the "right" to say moronic things that further degrade his own standing and legitimacy. They both have the right to be idiots, and that's what's going on here.

Side note: I find it amusing that the folks who get offended by people kneeling during the anthem are many of the same folks who love to use the term "snowflake." If you're offended by someone disrespecting an idea you care about, your beliefs are pretty soft and vulnerable.

EDIT: meanwhile, I don't see the Bills scoring a TD tomorrow unless it's by the defense or STs. Not because of this - because their GM and coach don't believe skill or speed is needed on offense.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

how is that racist? Theyre dancing show girls, theyre Broadway performers. They're nothin more than idiots dancing for a dollar or $1mm in their gstring

And the answer IS.....It is not racist! And neither is 99% of the dialogue that gets called racist.

I will miss you 62, but if the team protests the president today, I am no longer a fan.