Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Trump is spitting on the 1st ammendment yet again. Scary stuff.

Trump is doing no such thing. The first amendment says that government cannot stop you from saying what you want. It doesn’t say the NFL or the Buffalo Bills can’t. When you work somewhere, your First Amendment rights fall under the policies of your employer. The team owners and the league have every right to restrict these protests should they desire to do so. If they don’t, I hope the fans turn off their TV sets and radios, refuse to purchase any products or services advertised during the games, and walk out of the stadiums. As the President suggests.

Another way to put it is the free speech clause of the first amendment does not grant anybody immunity from the consequences of what they say. Brandon Marshall of the Denver Broncos found that out the hard way.

After he joined the anthem protests last season, he lost two lucrative endorsements. One with a local cable and internet provider. Another with a Denver area credit union. A lot of people may not like it, but the Constitution of the United States gave those private companies the right to fire Brandon Marshall.

Trump is doing no such thing. The first amendment says that government cannot stop you from saying what you want. It doesn’t say the NFL or the Buffalo Bills can’t. When you work somewhere, your First Amendment rights fall under the policies of your employer. The team owners and the league have every right to restrict these protests should they desire to do so. If they don’t, I hope the fans turn off their TV sets and radios, refuse to purchase any products or services advertised during the games, and walk out of the stadiums. As the President suggests.

Another way to put it is the free speech clause of the first amendment does not grant anybody immunity from the consequences of what they say. Brandon Marshall of the Denver Broncos found that out the hard way.

After he joined the anthem protests last season, he lost two lucrative endorsements. One with a local cable and internet provider. Another with a Denver area credit union. A lot of people may not like it, but the Constitution of the United States gave those private companies the right to fire Brandon Marshall.

This is so overlooked by those who consistently claim that players have every right to anthem protests under the constitution. They have the right because the owners have decided to allow this festering boil on the a$$ of creation to continue. If they decided to require standing for the anthem ( we know they won't) they would be within their rights as an employer to do so. The best thing they can do at this point is either keep the teams in the locker room during the anthem as they do in the NCAA , or eliminate it altogether. Focus on good things the players do such as the hurricane relief. Not the misguided and divisive anthem protests.

You're 100% correct, but the NFL decided to allowed them to protest under the first amendment. Do you think it's appropriate for the president of the United States to call a player that protests the national anthem a "son of a b**ch?"

Edited by Doc Brown

You're 100% correct, but the NFL decided to allowed them to protest under the first amendment. Do you think it's appropriate for the president of the United States to call a player that protests the national anthem a "son of a b**ch?"

He was pandering to his base, but it's fine. He's not the only US President to utter the phrase I'm sure. Probably the first in public. He's not aPolitician. That's part of why he was elected. Edited by Boatdrinks

He was pandering to his base, but it's fine. He's not the only US President to utter the phrase I'm sure. Probably the first in public. He's not aPolitician. That's part of why he was elected.

imagine the **** hillary would be saying if she had been elected after calling an entire section/half the nation deplorable? every president throws insults at the other side - trumps just the current one doing it.

Interesting tidbit. We have heard from over ten NFL owners of the 32. Probably 15-16.

Seven NFL owners gave one million or more dollars to Trump during campaign. We haven't heard from any of those yet. Kraft. Jones. Kroenke. Kahn. Johnson. Snyder. McNair.

did you include Hunt? hunt had made a statement a while back.

the ones we did hear from first included supporters of Hillary, blank leading them all.

Wait what?

Is this your attempt at satire? Please tell me it is...

Otherwise we found the most racist guy on TBD.

Came over to ppp to see whats up....

Same ****. What is it with the left, yelling racist everytime they disagree with something? Boyst is making a legit point. These people are ON THE CLOCK, and don't have the right to grandstand on their employers dime if the employer doesn't like it. Boyst says "monkey", and the sheep can't wait to cry "racist", even though it clearly was not.

And people saying Trump opressed speech...lol learn about the subject. Him suggesting that he thinks owners should fire people they have the right to fire is absolutely not against any law, nor does it fit in anyones legitimate definition of oppression.

So many people acting like victims these days. Moreso than real victims generally act. It is the alertist radical lefty's who are actually trying (and somewhat succeeding) shutting down the 1st amendment. See Berkley, Antifa, etc....

He's not your average president. He's not that good at it, he's not that smart, amd not very strategic...... he can be ignorant, impulsive, and gruff, but he is not breaking any laws. But you guys can continue to cry wolf, but don't be surprised when the townfolk stop listening.

I didn't see his. No. I saw maybe 12. Then read a tweet recently that none of the boner donors did yet.

hunt was the GM that put it out weeks ago that no player, coach or member of this org would ever take a knee and remain employed.

clark hunt owns the chiefs.

ah

that whole fist in the air thing is a neat part of american lore. the one dude forgot his glove so he was not going to be able to do it with the other guy on the podium. quick thinking allowed them to come up with a solution. one guy gets the left one guy gets the right and the both can raise their arm to salute the third reich.

The Orange Clown dodged the draft, bad-mouthed POWs and berated a Gold Star family. He has real respect for the flag and the men and women who defend it.

Wouldn't be the first president to skip the draft. I'm sure he has respect for the flag and the military. Maybe not those particular individuals you mentioned for various reasons , but as a whole I'll bet he does.

Wouldn't be the first president to skip the draft. I'm sure he has respect for the flag and the military. Maybe not those particular individuals you mentioned for various reasons , but as a whole I'll bet he does.

Based on what? His allegiance to anything? He has respect for nothing including and especially himself.

Not sure if this was posted yet, but here is Terry and Kim Pegula's statement on Trump's comments and the team netting about it -

http://buffalonews.com/2017/09/23/terry-kim-pegula-trumps-remarks-divisive-disrespectful-entire-nfl-community/

Sounds like whatever the players decide to do, they have the owners support.

I love that they seem to be trying to use this event to bring the team together instead of allowing it to divide them (per Pegula's comment)

Edited by BillsFan4

Not sure if this was posted yet, but here is Terry and Kim Pegula's statement on Trump's comments and the team netting about it -http://buffalonews.com/2017/09/23/terry-kim-pegula-trumps-remarks-divisive-disrespectful-entire-nfl-community/

Sounds like whatever the players decide to do, they have the owners support.

I love that they seem to be trying to use this event to bring the team together instead of allowing it to divide them (per Pegula's comment)

How about they ignore it, go out and play a football game. If they are so pi$$ed off because the prez decided not to wash their ball$ like the media have been doing, take it out on the Broncos.

These guys are on the clock, but they are better than everyone else at their job. You fire all the good players, especially she so many of them are doing this now, the NFL is toast. It's that simple, no matter whether you think you're right or wrong.

Kap is no longer in the NFL partly because he isn't good enough, and partly because he was the sacrificial lamb in starting the protest.

Just a guess. At least as good as yours. Think what you wish.

Fair enough. I'll guess based on seventy straight years of something relentless and unwavering. You guess based on a recent hunch the opposite of everything in front of you. Cheers.

It's like talking to a wall....a really stupid wall.

But the Mexicans are going to pay for that really stupid wall.

These guys are on the clock, but they are better than everyone else at their job. You fire all the good players, especially she so many of them are doing this now, the NFL is toast. It's that simple, no matter whether you think you're right or wrong.

Kap is no longer in the NFL partly because he isn't good enough, and partly because he was the sacrificial lamb in starting the protest.

Obviously firing players isn't really possible in that line of work. It was purely a hypothetical , " wouldn't it be great if" type thing. However, it's entirely feasible for owners just to stop the playing of the anthem or keep the players in the locker room until afterward. Then there would be no " platform" if you will. It would be great if fans would get up and walk out but they paid money and I doubt many would, at least in Buffalo.

And the flag is not a representation of our veterans, rather the other way around. Kneeling during the flag is not a slight on the people that have fought to protect the flag, because they didn't fight to protect the flag. They fought to protect us and our rights. The flag is just a symbol and everyone interprets it a little different.