Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

You never seen to tire of chiming in on the subject, though.

He said it is important

"That's where the anger is. No one can simply ignore this issue."

That was never the point, but now that you mention it, why is black supremacy less offensive than white supremacy?

who said it was?

link?

; )

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking better and more efficient Gov. Like one wants to run a business.

I was not speaking about private business being affected by what leverage Trump might wield in Congress or the House

I understand your point, 3rd. It raises an interesting question.

Is Trump "allowed" to make negative comments about the Senate or Congress? Does that not include the threat of the power of his office? It does, no? How far is too far? Threatening to use EO's if a deal doesn't get done? To call out individual senators and impact their campaign' staff and careers if they won't play ball?

The lines can get tricky, fast.

I hate fantasy football and always have. I don't play it. Why? Because I can't root for guys that I hate, though many are good ball players. I avoid it. It has diluted loyalties, and I dislike that about it as well. If I hate New England, that means Indont want them to score , ever. Fantasy makes many people to annoying to watch games with.

I'm in a union too. I'm not scared to keep my job, I know I do it well. We as union mambers have a lot more leverage than many workers in America. The bottom line is, nobody has the right to say whatever they want while at work. It's no big deal really, most of us abide by it rather easily. I don't give anyone respect for trying to advance a myth as fact, no matter how strongly they believe it. They are still incorrect. I'd have more respect if they were protesting a real problem, ( and did it in a way that didn't trample on the flag) like gang on gang violence and murders. Most of which go without the due process that these protestors bring up with such reverence. Largely because of the code of silence and not being a " snitch". Even though many of these victims friends and even relatives know who the murderer is. From a statistical standpoint , this is a far greater problem in America and far more likely to happen to people of color. Far more than a statistically trivial amount of Police shootings that happen per annum. Colin already made enough money that it probably doesn't matter too much to him anyway. It was just a job.

I did read the whole post.

But i think you shortchange Colin's decisions significantly. and you make an assumption that he does/did not love Football . I suspect he does, in it's true form)

In my little shop we have rights and procedures. but we have negotiated weakly last few contracts out of fear. Hate to admit it.

So the NFL has no say officially. But they can pressure. Owners can pressure.

Trickle down theory perhaps? In a less positive way

Trump is a douchenozzle.

Not standing up for the Anthem makes you a grievance based misguided douche.

But it's well within their right to be a grievance based misguided douche.

Those that are offended by the misguided douches need to chill. Who the !@#$ cares??? Stop being a whiny douche.

And there are a bunch of oversensitive ninny's here on this board that pull out the race card waaay to easily. It's gotten to the point to where one can make a statement that has no racist intent but references racism and yet charges of racism are screeched among the peanut gallery. Which makes you douches as well.

I understand your point, 3rd. It raises an interesting question.

Is Trump "allowed" to make negative comments about the Senate or Congress? Does that not include the threat of the power of his office? It does, no? How far is too far? Threatening to use EO's if a deal doesn't get done? To call out individual senators and impact their campaign' staff and careers if they won't play ball?

The lines can get tricky, fast.

I think he can criticize the Government he is working with. Part of the game. and Many a President have called them out.

There is more reasoning behind the turnovers at elections than just the Peoples vote of course.

As long as Our President uses the powers provided him, i cannot argue for him to be reprimanded. I may not like it though.

and i might write a letter or ten. Voicing my opinion. It is not protest. but it is a dissenting opinion i want heard

Did they paint pics of Donny the Dotard on their blocking sleds?

They may actually block somebody this weekend!

When Chavez called Bush a "dictator" I actually swore off Citgo... That's because Bush wasn't a dictator. Hard to argue with dotard though. Trumpster does act senile. He's got a great crowd following him too.

He's allowed to say it, but as the holder of that office, he SHOULDN'T say it. Calling for people who work for a private entity to be fired for protesting is the sort of action dictators take. It's using his power in order to try to quash dissent.

No, it's not. Dictators have people disappeared into basement torture chambers.

What Trump did is simply what morons do.

No, it's not. Dictators have people disappeared into basement torture chambers.

What Trump did is simply what morons do.

Clearly you don't remember Mussolini "quashing dissent" by publicly calling out the IBBL (Italian Bocce Ball League) in 1939... Edited by jmc12290

Trump is a douchenozzle.

Not standing up for the Anthem makes you a grievance based misguided douche.

But it's well within their right to be a grievance based misguided douche.

Those that are offended by the misguided douches need to chill. Who the !@#$ cares??? Stop being a whiny douche.

And there are a bunch of oversensitive ninny's here on this board that pull out the race card waaay to easily. It's gotten to the point to where one can make a statement that has no racist intent but references racism and yet charges of racism are screeched among the peanut gallery. Which makes you douches as well.

when I'm told I am a problem becuas I don't think it's a problem and they're wrong, not to mention I don't care about their personal beliefs than I am told I am racist, a problem, white privelege and more.

This issue is also in the media 24/7 because the ratings it draws

Richard Nixon almost got a mistrial for Charles Manson by telling the press during the trial that Manson was guilty. Some idiot attorney brought the paper to the trial...Manson saw it and held it up (which is why no mistrial, had someone else done it, different story). The point is when you're POTUS you're supposed to choose your words carefully knowing the impact they have.

Trump is being a jackass, in general just spouting crap to play to his ignorant base, so the story is slightly different.

Which is what he's hoping for - because at the end of the day, Mueller is still investigating, and Trump's hoping all these distractions will make people forget. Naw.

I think we'll find that Trump's words help the protesters.

If I were them I'd be more worried about Denver.

Why, they would still likely lose. And they get paid the same regardless.

This is a perfect chance for this crappy team to "make a difference", and act like they are doing it "because there are things more important than football", etc.

I hope there are mass walkouts of games this weekend. It would be a beautiful thing.

Soon the narrative will be "if you don't watch NFL games, it's because you are racist!"

Edited by OJABBA

Which is what he's hoping for - because at the end of the day, Mueller is still investigating, and Trump's hoping all these distractions will make people forget. Naw.

Really...I think it's even simpler than that. Trump's a man-child who likes the attention he receives when he gets people riled up. There's no grand scheme to his actions, he's just an eight year old in need of a spanking.

I think we'll find that Trump's words help the protesters.

Oh, certainly. His bloviating is so counter-productive in that regard, that sometimes I wonder if he's not engaged in some reverse-psychology gambit to drum up support for things by being aggressively stupid in being for or against them.

But then I remember he's just an eight year old...

NFL players are a bunch of snowflakes.

Just like hollywood. Its so weird to me a sports player making a ton of money

or hollywood stars are telling people how to be and people listen, and consider

these peoples opinions as fact or news. Strange. Im not so sure its a good idea

to be criss-crossing entertainment and politics. Eventually the people will start

tuning out because they are tired of people with the biggest mouths and biggest

stages forcing their agendas/ideals on them.

to be criss-crossing entertainment and politics. Eventually the people will start

Film stars in the silent era were often very political. Charlie Chaplin. Tallulah Bankhead. Others. This isn't a new thing.

We currently have a reality TV star telling people how to be. We crossed the entertainment/politics threshold a looooong time ago.

It's not about the game, and it is at the same time. Bottom line is, people are there to watch football. Many find the " protest" offensive. The NFL is in th entertainment business. The customer is always right. It detracts from their enjoyment of the game. It does mine, anyway.

Your day is in any measurable way worse because of it?

Drink a beer, take a deep breathe and look at any of the 80,000 people standing if that makes you feel better about life

Your day is in any measurable way worse because of it?

Drink a beer, take a deep breathe and look at any of the 80,000 people standing if that makes you feel better about life

I don't think he should or other players should do it but I find it even more perplexing that people are genuinely upset about it.