Shaq Lawson

Wayne Arnold

Yeah.......nobody has the breakdown.......because it's not at all obvious which plays he got a pressure on.

I mean, it's two plays.......which where they? :rolleyes:

Well when Game Pass Europe uploads the all 22 and I can watch it back I will tell you which I think they were. However they only uploaded week 1 all 22 after week 2.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what I am saying is that after watching the game a couple times I don't see the plays where he "pressured" Cam Newton........and apparently he didn't see them either.

I should say I have only seen the game once... the live broadcast. I am not saying I gave him 2 pressures. I am saying PFF did.

Sure did...about what I expected from a motivated Chris Jones.

If I couldn't have Myles Jack at 19, Chris Jones was my guy.

I know the numbers didn't show it last week, but Jack was everywhere against both Houston and Tennessee.

Yup. Jack looks to be back to being special. he was a stud the past two weeks. We both carried that torch, still burns. :beer:

Sure did...about what I expected from a motivated Chris Jones.

If I couldn't have Myles Jack at 19, Chris Jones was my guy.

I know the numbers didn't show it last week, but Jack was everywhere against both Houston and Tennessee.

Jack was BPA........by a lot, based on the ability he'd shown.

Even with the knee issue you take that chance because he is a potential superstar.

Shaq is not.

Nice player.......but much lower ceiling and as it turns out........no less of a work in progress than Jack.

Wasn't your own stat "I think like 3 pressures" or similar?

"Pressures" is a subjective stat. According to me it was three, acccording to PFF it was two. But thanks for playing.

You'll have to forgive Wayne. He's still furiously Googling for an article that proves "most sacks are a result of cleanup plays."

It could be a while.

You've had it handed to you over and over again in this thread, I think you should probably stand down.

Even with the knee issue you take that chance because he is a potential superstar.

Shaq is not.

Nice player.......but much lower ceiling and as it turns out........no less of a work in progress than Jack.

Jack and Jaylon Smith were the two guys ahead of Shaq on my board when it came to #19. I do accept that Shaq ended up no safer health wise than Jack and had they picked Jack that would have been fine with me.

"Pressures" is a subjective stat. According to me it was three, acccording to PFF it was two. But thanks for playing.

You've had it handed to you over and over again in this thread, I think you should probably stand down.

And best badol has presented is he thinks two is generous based on his watch.

Which plays did you pencil in as your three? It would go a LONG way in defining this conversation. In "I didn't see any" vs "I saw three" it's much easier to further the debate by presenting the three you saw.

Edited by NoSaint

Ha ha, no Wayne. I actually demonstrated what you linked actually worked against your claim/asspull.

Please show me the link!

And best badol has presented is he thinks two is generous based on his watch.

Which plays did you pencil in as your three? It would go a LONG way in defining this conversation. In "I didn't see any" vs "I saw three" it's much easier to further the debate by presenting the three you saw.

I can probably help a bit...

Here's one:

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/910151119065796608

Here's (reasonably considered) another:

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/910141379321454592

This one for sure:

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/910140657985089537

Here's one:

This one for sure:

Thanks bandit. There's was another one later in the 3rd quarter that was more legit than the second and third links there. I don't have All-22 or else I'd find it.

Here's one:

This one for sure:

Thanks Bandit!

Yeah, I noted the multiple completely unblocked plays and another instance where Shaq didn't get off the line but then Cam ran over to his side creating an unblocked situation..............but in two games the closest he's come to hitting a QB is touching Cam when he was giving himself up for that vulture sack.

I thought he played a decent game but still not seeing ANY plays as a pass rusher that make me say "THAT'S why he was a first rounder".

Shaq is not.

Really tired of the lower ceiling blast. What the hell does that even mean. Ive seen so many players with so called high ceilings flame out. Ill bet Marcell Dareus had a high ceiling and Kyle Williams probably didnt even have a ceiling. Ill take a player like Kyle over Captain fat a$$ 24/7. Shaq reminds me alot of Kyle. Yes I realize one is an end and one is a tackle. Im talking about character. Grit. Playing hard all the time. Thats Shaq. You wont be able to run his way and hell give you 8-10 sacks a year. Ill take 11 of those types of players on defense over some underacheiver with a high ceiling. Shaq is gonna very quietly establish himself as one of our top defenders over the next few years. Someone you can always count on. Not flashy. Just dependable and solid as a rock. Edited by Billsmovinup

Two games into the season, Shaq is probably tied w Tre White for 4th best defender on the team behind Kyle, Hughes, and Poyer... probably the entire team at this point if you consider shady and the line had a really good game and a really bad game so far at this point whereas the D has had two great games. This thread is ridiculous. Shaq haters, just admit that his first two games this year look like a radical improvement over his injury plagued rookie year, and it's POSSIBLE he continues to get better given he's only started a few games in his career. This way, you can go away without admitting you are wrong, and you also can back off your ridiculous position while saving face. We can check back in 8 to 12 weeks and see what's what.

Really tired of the lower ceiling blast. What the hell does that even mean. Ive seen so many players with so called high ceilings flame out. Ill bet Marcell Dareus had a high ceiling and Kyle Williams probably didnt even have a ceiling. Ill take a player like Kyle over Captain fat a$$ 24/7. Shaq reminds me alot of Kyle. Yes I realize one is an end and one is a tackle. Im talking about character. Grit. Playing hard all the time. Thats Shaq. You wont be able to run his way and hell give you 8-10 sacks a year. Ill take 11 of those types of players on defense over some underacheiver with a high ceiling. Shaq is gonna very quietly establish himself as one of our top defenders over the next few years. Someone you can always count on. Not flashy. Just dependable and solid as a rock.

It means potential but it never made sense in this context because it insinuates that Lawson lacks natural skills and athleticism which we know for a fact isn't true.

Two games into the season, Shaq is probably tied w Tre White for 4th best defender on the team behind Kyle, Hughes, and Poyer... probably the entire team at this point if you consider shady and the line had a really good game and a really bad game so far at this point whereas the D has had two great games. This thread is ridiculous. Shaq haters, just admit that his first two games this year look like a radical improvement over his injury plagued rookie year, and it's POSSIBLE he continues to get better given he's only started a few games in his career. This way, you can go away without admitting you are wrong, and you also can back off your ridiculous position while saving face. We can check back in 8 to 12 weeks and see what's what.

yea, he seems alright.

not anything to fret over by any means.

4) DE Shaq Lawson
Snaps on the Field: 43/70
Grade vs. Broncos: B+
- For those that listen to the Bills Beat podcast (you can subscribe on iTunes here), you’ll have known of the type of effort that Shaq Lawson has put it on a weekly basis to start the 2017 season. He already has three sacks to his name, but that isn’t the most impressive part of his game at this stage of his career. Lawson has proven over the first three weeks to be a ferocious run defender in this scheme, bull rushing his offensive lineman wherever he wants in an effort to either make the play, or to set up one of his defenders to bring down the ball carrier. If he continues to learn from Jerry Hughes in the ways of rushing the passer (the way that Hughes did with Dwight Freeney in Indianapolis), he could become a big part of this defense for the foreseeable future. He’s off to a great start in his career.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-buffalo-bills-all-22-review-vs-denver-broncos-9_26_17-?page=2

4) DE Shaq Lawson

Snaps on the Field: 43/70

Grade vs. Broncos: B+

- For those that listen to the Bills Beat podcast (you can subscribe on iTunes here), you’ll have known of the type of effort that Shaq Lawson has put it on a weekly basis to start the 2017 season. He already has three sacks to his name, but that isn’t the most impressive part of his game at this stage of his career. Lawson has proven over the first three weeks to be a ferocious run defender in this scheme, bull rushing his offensive lineman wherever he wants in an effort to either make the play, or to set up one of his defenders to bring down the ball carrier. If he continues to learn from Jerry Hughes in the ways of rushing the passer (the way that Hughes did with Dwight Freeney in Indianapolis), he could become a big part of this defense for the foreseeable future. He’s off to a great start in his career.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-buffalo-bills-all-22-review-vs-denver-broncos-9_26_17-?page=2

He has 2 sacks this season actually, not three. He has been exceptional in run defense, there is no question about that. He has to continue to have some value as a rusher as well. He doesn't have to blow the doors off but he has to apply some pressure. I think he has done that reasonably well so far.

He has 2 sacks this season actually, not three. He has been exceptional in run defense, there is no question about that. He has to continue to have some value as a rusher as well. He doesn't have to blow the doors off but he has to apply some pressure. I think he has done that reasonably well so far.

He's been really good. Watching the all 22s and how he's been dominate in the trenches has been fun.

the pass rush numbers are gonna come....they tend to come in bunches when they happen

Agreed it's going to come. He is definitely adding value right now. It seems to me that McD tends to sub for him in obvious passing situations. This could be just part of natural rotation, but it seems to me he has more confidence in Yarborough and Lorax as edge rushers right now. I think Lawson will continue to improve though.

Agreed it's going to come. He is definitely adding value right now. It seems to me that McD tends to sub for him in obvious passing situations. This could be just part of natural rotation, but it seems to me he has more confidence in Yarborough and Lorax as edge rushers right now. I think Lawson will continue to improve though.

I've seen him play DT in those situations

Bills need Shaq to pan out because outside of him and possibly Preston Brown and Dareus (And who knows how much longer Dareus will be here) the primary players on the front 7 are older. Hughes is 31, Kyle is 34, Lorax is 34, Humber is 30, and there aren't a lot of young players behind them that you can say are the heir apparent.

Shaq could be a guy that this D-line gets built around for years but if he busts then the Bills might have to invest multiple early round picks in the front 7,