Does This Time Feel Different?

We have had head fakes before. Trentative and Fitz off to fast starts. JP deep balls.

This time feels different to me. We looked like an organized, professional football club. 50 yards in penalties? Rex teams could have that in one drive. It seems the guys want to play for each other - the early stirrings of a real "team" approach.

Time will tell, but it really feels to me like we are on the right track. I am sure there will be setbacks, but I like the direction we seem to be headed in. Team plays hard. Pretty amazing.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was just the Jets so overall not really. Need to see some more games play out. You did touch on some things I agree with though. The team seemed much more composed than it did under Rex. Other than Incognito still getting stupid holding calls, there werent any really bad penalties.

Also this team seemed to play more as a team instead of a couple individual stars. I think everyone contributed to this win. Thats a good thing.

Edited by Scott7975

Not meaning this to be a "passing game is pedestrian" thread. Certainly have seen those threads and we are not Air Coryell -- I get it. Focused here, however, on the team vibe and approach. Seems legit different to me, regardless of opponent. Past Bills teams are not above losing to bad teams or imploding when the ball bounces off Clay's hands. Focused effort. Organized. Not stupid. These are the most promising things to me. Roster may take some time.

It was just the Jets so overall not really. Need to see some more games play out. You did touch on some things I agree with though. The team seemed much more composed than it did under Rex. Other than Incognito still getting stupid holding calls, there werent any really bad penalties.

Also this team seemed to play more as a team instead of a couple individual stars. I think everyone contributed to this win. Thats a good thing.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Not to dismiss what you are saying but Tyrod was the 8th highest rated QB this week. There are 12 playoff teams. Carry on though....

His numbers looked decent but to sit there and watch that performance and think yeah Tyrod can lead this team to the playoffs.. I don't see it

It is early.. just one game but he still looks like the jittery timid passer hes always looked like.

Edited by PABillsfan23

I don't even know what that means. I am not jumping up and down. I understand the Bills fan instinct is to see the glass half empty. And for good reason. But does it not seem we are on the right track?

A little early to draw that conclusion. The best thing I saw yesterday was that the D was set before the snap and you didn't have guys running all around looking at the sideline to figure out what to do. A refreshing change from Rex.

We will beat the Panthers. Heard it here first. I think Cam will make some big mistakes and our offense will do enough. Perhaps then there will be a shred of optimism.

I also believe we can beat the Panthers.

A little early to draw that conclusion. The best thing I saw yesterday was that the D was set before the snap and you didn't have guys running all around looking at the sideline to figure out what to do. A refreshing change from Rex.

and they could tackle!

I don't buy the national (and local) narrative that we are "talent depleted."

I think Tre White, Dawkins, Zay Jones, Poyer, Hyde, Jordan Matthews, EJ Gaines and Tolbert will give us more than Watkins, Woods, Gilmore, Goodwin and TD Mike. I think our on the field talent has been upgraded. And that is pretty amazing given the draft picks we have stockpiled. I believe Gilmore and Darby were horrible last year, and the safeties were mule slow. And we were in the hunt last year.

Add a professional coach and I believe good things can happen.

Passing game was pretty pedestrian. Not going to cut it in today's NFL to compete for a playoff spot.

While I will agree, I would like to see our WR more involved in the passing game, I thought Tyrod was fantastic yesterday. He did all the things fans have been crying for him to do, over the last two years. He used the middle of the field, bought time in the pocket with his feet, and he took off when he had to, as opposed to the first sign of pressure. I know, the numbers don't blow people away, but I would rank that as one of Tyrods' 3 best games in a Bills uniform...

I love this post and I think this is exactly what has occurred. Add in good coaching and good professional defensive and offensive

coaches and you have the makings of a 10 win team. I see us more like the Patriots. Exploiting the other teams weakness and making a game plan on offense and defense to get it done. These debbie doubters will soon lean this ain't a Rayan brothers un-organized show. After 3 weeks and were 3-0 you will start to see a change in attitude from the doubters. Yes are culture has been changed. Except the doubters can't see it yet.

I don't buy the national (and local) narrative that we are "talent depleted."

I think Tre White, Dawkins, Zay Jones, Poyer, Hyde, Jordan Matthews, EJ Gaines and Tolbert will give us more than Watkins, Woods, Gilmore, Goodwin and TD Mike. I think our on the field talent has been upgraded. And that is pretty amazing given the draft picks we have stockpiled. I believe Gilmore and Darby were horrible last year, and the safeties were mule slow. And we were in the hunt last year.

Add a professional coach and I believe good things can happen.

Edited by billsareback

It always feels good to win, but lets wait a few more weeks before we make definitive statements. The only definitive conclusion I can come to, this is a much better level of coaching than we had under the Ryan clowns. I am still not 100% sure that we are a more talented team...I want to see a little more. The first 7 games of the season are pretty tough...

I don't even know what that means. I am not jumping up and down. I understand the Bills fan instinct is to see the glass half empty. And for good reason. But does it not seem we are on the right track?

One game that was against a team in full on tank mode. You should have a better feel after they play a real team this weekend.

We have had head fakes before. Trentative and Fitz off to fast starts. JP deep balls.

This time feels different to me. We looked like an organized, professional football club. 50 yards in penalties? Rex teams could have that in one drive. It seems the guys want to play for each other - the early stirrings of a real "team" approach.

Time will tell, but it really feels to me like we are on the right track. I am sure there will be setbacks, but I like the direction we seem to be headed in. Team plays hard. Pretty amazing.

This team looks like a 4 or 5 win team. They played the absolute worst team in the league yesterday. A win is a win & 1-0 is certainly better than 0-1 bit I will hold out my excitement until they beat someone else. Now if they go into Carolina & beat the Panthers is maybe changing my tune.

This was the same team we've seen the last few years other than a better rush defense.

We still don't have an NFL caliber QB and passing game with Taylor starting which is what you need to make the playoffs and actually win games there.

The only thing that excites me about this season is the prospect of seeing Peterman start at some point later this year.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

There are some differences that I noticed... not as many three and outs, scoring TD's instead of field goals, no bad penalties, Taylor throwing the ball away instead of taking a sack, and the defense looked better. Taylor looked like Taylor. He made some good throws and some bad ones. When he hit Oleary to get them near the goal line, I think it was Clay that was wide open not too far from Oleary that prob would have been 6. All these things would have been glaring if they were settling for field goals. I am not getting my hopes up since it was only one game. Lets see how they do over the next couple games. Low expectations.

Too numb... can't feel.

All joking aside. Team looked good. They didn't need any miracles to put together a win.

Jets looked better than I expected on d, but they've got some solid guys upfront.

Tyrod hit a bunch of passes over the middle. Escaped and made plays. Shady is ELITE. Just such a fantastic RB. In some ways I think he looks even better than he was in philly.