Week 1 studs

Buffalo716

Nothing was ever better after a win then hanging with your teammates and having a nice laugh. Bonding with your teammates after a victory is a special thing in a locker room.

Post victory a lot of coaches give out game day awards for excellence on the field. These are my Oorah ( yes , it's Marine jargon ) awards for standout play .

*The defensive line as a whole gets a big Oorah for controlling the LoS on run plays all day. Stout up front left nowhere to run for forte or Powell*

*Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde both played superb today and seem like a perfect back end to a secondary. Both bring great instincts and versatility to the field and both get big Oorahs for there play today*

*Can we get a Oorah for Lesean shady McCoy . A stout Dline upfront left very little holes for shady all day but the ever persistent ground attack wore down the defensive front and made plays when they needed too. Added a nice big catch when being bracketed. Stay healthy shady*

*And the final Oorah of the day goes to the man that age has forgotten. The man himself Kyle Williams. Still the quickest player off the snap and he is still terrorizing opposing lineman. Always flows to the ball and never gives up on the play. Id take 53 players of his caliber and character everyday and twice on Sunday's*

1-0 ladies and gents. Football is finally back!

Just love McCoy.

Thought the d-line played solid but would have liked to have seen more from them getting after the QB.

Hyde and Poyer were front and center.

Unsung hero....Eric Wood. thought he had a fabulous game.

Definitely lacked some in the pass rush department but that's why I singled out the run stuffing. It was fantastic!

How about the run blocking by Jordan Matthews? Wow, he was superb blocking for a WR, it was almost Hines Ward-like. I also love the fact we finally used Clay correctly, he didn't put up huge totals but he was a mismatch problem for the Jets all game. Micah Hyde will be a household name in no time especially here, the guy is just a superb overall player, Poyer also had a very good game. The DL is a huge concern, when Humber is your best pass rusher you have problems.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

How about the run blocking by Jordan Matthews? Wow, he was superb blocking for a WR, it was almost Hines Ward-like. I also love the fact we finally used Clay correctly, he didn't put up huge totals but he was a mismatch problem for the Jets all game. Micah Hyde will be a household name in no time especially here, the guy is just a superb overall player, Poyer also had a very good game. The DL is a huge concern, when Humber is your best pass rusher you have problems.

Great run blocking by Matthews and very good RAC on his big play

Nothing was ever better after a win then hanging with your teammates and having a nice laugh. Bonding with your teammates after a victory is a special thing in a locker room.

Post victory a lot of coaches give out game day awards for excellence on the field. These are my Oorah ( yes , it's Marine jargon ) awards for standout play .

*The defensive line as a whole gets a big Oorah for controlling the LoS on run plays all day. Stout up front left nowhere to run for forte or Powell*

*Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde both played superb today and seem like a perfect back end to a secondary. Both bring great instincts and versatility to the field and both get big Oorahs for there play today*

*Can we get a Oorah for Lesean shady McCoy . A stout Dline upfront left very little holes for shady all day but the ever persistent ground attack wore down the defensive front and made plays when they needed too. Added a nice big catch when being bracketed. Stay healthy shady*

*And the final Oorah of the day goes to the man that age has forgotten. The man himself Kyle Williams. Still the quickest player off the snap and he is still terrorizing opposing lineman. Always flows to the ball and never gives up on the play. Id take 53 players of his caliber and character everyday and twice on Sunday's*

1-0 ladies and gents. Football is finally back!

Special props to 95... that play where he chased a WR down from behind from the line

How does Tyrod NOT get a stud call for the day

2 tds

several nice throws over the middle

we wont even get into how he should have had 3 tds on a pass that clay should have caught

He had what....46 yards rushing and over 220 yards passing?

Key first down runs

Ball security

I can't name everybody... I was only going for 1 offensive player and shady barely took it for me.

TT definitely gets a Oorah for playing a very solid game. He was very composed

I also thought Tyrod had a really nice rebound from that disastrous near pick 6 early on. Tyrod played within the game plan and made the plays that needed to be made. He guided the offense very efficiently making plays with both his legs and arm. He didn't get panicky when the game was closer than expected he just kept plugging along.

I can't get too excited by beating a bottom 5 team in the league in a somewhat close game. But I can be optimistic that the Bills got a win against a team they should have. Parts of the team looked good and even the parts of the team that looked bad still got it done enough.

I also thought Tyrod had a really nice rebound from that disastrous near pick 6 early on. Tyrod played within the game plan and made the plays that needed to be made. He guided the offense very efficiently making plays with both his legs and arm. He didn't get panicky when the game was closer than expected he just kept plugging along.

I can't get too excited by beating a bottom 5 team in the league in a somewhat close game. But I can be optimistic that the Bills got a win against a team they should have. Parts of the team looked good and even the parts of the team that looked bad still got it done enough.

Oncd again uou didnt watch the game or you dont know what you are seeing. That pick isnt on Taylor. That ball Clay has to catch.

Oncd again uou didnt watch the game or you dont know what you are seeing. That pick isnt on Taylor. That ball Clay has to catch.

I watched the replay many times and I disagree. The ball was high and a little behind Clay and he got drilled in the back the instant he touched the ball. It would have been an incredible catch, and he would not have scored on the play.

I watched the replay many times and I disagree. The ball was high and a little behind Clay and he got drilled in the back the instant he touched the ball. It would have been an incredible catch, and he would not have scored on the play.

No it wouldnt have Clay is 6'3 and 255, that ball touched his hands and was about as catchable as any ball could be.

https://www.google.com/amp/jetswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/10/watch-juston-burris-picks-off-tyrod-taylor-in-the-end-zone/amp/

Incredible catch, to a degree yes. But at the same time you don't expect that pass, even if it is a little late or off target, to be picked. You expect the receiver to get enough of the ball to not have it bounce off of him and travel 5 yards behind him.

Incredible catch, to a degree yes. But at the same time you don't expect that pass, even if it is a little late or off target, to be picked. You expect the receiver to get enough of the ball to not have it bounce off of him and travel 5 yards behind him.

I agree, but he was walloped in the back as soon as the ball touched his hand. I'd like to see an end zone view of the play.

Wrong

No im actually not. You just have this weird obsession of blaming Taylor. The ball hit a 255 pound man in the hands thats paid to catch balls and take punishing hits. That int is on clay look at the replay.

https://www.google.com/amp/jetswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/10/watch-juston-burris-picks-off-tyrod-taylor-in-the-end-zone/amp/

No im actually not. You just have this weird obsession of blaming Taylor. The ball hit a 255 pound man in the hands thats paid to catch balls and take punishing hits. That int is on clay look at the replay.

Actually, I'm one of the bigger Taylor backers around here. It's just not fair to pin that one on Clay. Really just good defense and a ball that maybe should not have been thrown. Edited by mannc

I'll say this about that play after watching it again. We see that kind of bang bang play near the goal line all the time. About half the time the receivers actually hang on to the ball. The other half of the time the receivers drop the ball. Almost zero percent of the time does it end up an INT. So I would say neither player is to blame for the fact that it ended up and INT. It was really just a freak sort of play.

He dropped it before he was touched, and that ball was right there above his left shoulder. There's a defender coming in from the right side so he actually threw that into the right window.

They all played well, Humber stood out the most to me on defense. Shady on offense is a machine.. However, we played the Jets. I'm not taking anything away from the win, it was a great team win and our coaches first win but reality will settle in, this is a 6 win team. I pray I'm wrong and we win the super bowl, but I still think we're 3 or 4 players away.