Will McD/Beane still be here when the "future" arrives?

Will McD/Beane still be here when the "future" arrives?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Will McD/Beane still be here when the "future" arrives?

• Yes, they will build the Bills into true contenders.
    • Yes, they will be around, but the Bills success will be inconsistant.
    • No, ownership will get impatient will the progress and let them go before they are done.
    • No, theis will be just more of the same and they will be replaced after a few subpar years.

They will be given every opportunity to succeed. No quick trigger this time. Rex was a mistake that had to be corrected asap. And this drought stuff is a bunch of crap - the clock starts over with new owners in my mind.

Does tomorrow count as the future?

It's not the past or the present, so YES! BTW - I hear there is free beer tomorrow! :beer:

They will be given every opportunity to succeed. No quick trigger this time. Rex was a mistake that had to be corrected asap. And this drought stuff is a bunch of crap - the clock starts over with new owners in my mind.

It's not the past or the present, so YES! BTW - I hear there is free beer tomorrow! :beer:

The trouble with free beer tomorrow is that if you wait till tomorrow, it will be today, and there is no free beer today.

The drought is on the organization so it carries on like a gift for it's loyal fans, maybe I should have used burden.

That's pretty clever, did you just learn it. It's also really original the way you respond to every thread with it without adding anything to the topic.

Yeah, well, that's like yore opinion, man.

Did I tell you about this one time at band camp? I farted, through a flute, and another thread popped up on TSW.

I think they'll have the worst back to back seasons in the last 30 years and get canned after 2018. Rookie HC and Rookie GM are out there looking like rookies. They may have already lost the team, so they'll gut it after the season and leave us with nothing. Jerry will go on to win a Super Bowl with NE, and Kyle Williams story goes down as one of the saddest stories in Bills Football.

I think they'll have the worst back to back seasons in the last 30 years and get canned after 2018. Rookie HC and Rookie GM are out there looking like rookies. They may have already lost the team, so they'll gut it after the season and leave us with nothing. Jerry will go on to win a Super Bowl with NE, and Kyle Williams story goes down as one of the saddest stories in Bills Football.

Jerry Hughes? Don't worry a fifteen penalty on a failed forth down would extend the game, causing his team to lose the Super Bowl. I'm surprised by the results of the poll so far. The amount of negativity around here would have made me assume different results. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

i voted yes. these guys seem to be just what the pegula's were looking for, and selected by them...not leftovers. not chosen by advisers. chosen by kim and terry. they have a plan. they have conviction. they have faith. whether or not we agree with any of this, i think the pegulas are ready to put their faith in the people they trust and "trust the process".

Jerry Hughes? Don't worry a fifteen penalty on a failed forth down would extend the game, causing his team to lose the Super Bowl. I'm surprised by the results of the poll so far. The amount of negativity around here would have made me assume different results.

A lot of folks are buying into the message. Some people actually believe Jordan Matthews is an upgrade over Watkins, because they still can't let go of the fact we had to trade a 1rst round pick to get him. Darby had a ROTY candidate season and a bad one, so obviously any 6th round corner off the street is also an upgrade. That sponsored FB post about Eddie Yarborough is generating a lot of positive buzz too.

i voted yes. these guys seem to be just what the pegula's were looking for, and selected by them...not leftovers. not chosen by advisers. chosen by kim and terry. they have a plan. they have conviction. they have faith. whether or not we agree with any of this, i think the pegulas are ready to put their faith in the people they trust and "trust the process".

The 76'ers last won a division crown in 2001, wake me up when "trust the process" of a three year tank makes them a champion.

A lot of folks are buying into the message. Some people actually believe Jordan Matthews is an upgrade over Watkins, because they still can't let go of the fact we had to trade a 1rst round pick to get him. Darby had a ROTY candidate season and a bad one, so obviously any 6th round corner off the street is also an upgrade. That sponsored FB post about Eddie Yarborough is generating a lot of positive buzz too.

The 76'ers last won a division crown in 2001, wake me up when "trust the process" of a three year tank makes them a champion.

you can either try to billieve, or not. every year i can concoct a scenario theat leads us to a lombardi trophy! delusional optimism can be a wonderful thing!

Where's the option "Pegula's give up and sell this acursed franchise?"

Nothing changes until the ownership changes.

Jaguars trusted the process for 4 years. Now they have Coach Moron LOL

They are building for the future in their own way. Beane is trying to carve out his niche as a GM and prove his genius. Whether it works or not idk. I do believe the leash is longer for these two than the Whaley/Rex combo.

The trouble with free beer tomorrow is that if you wait till tomorrow, it will be today, and there is no free beer today.

The drought is on the organization so it carries on like a gift for it's loyal fans, maybe I should have used burden.

No, I think "gift" is exactly the right word, but then, I like irony ... and sarcasm.

They are the future

Trust The Process.

Trust The Process because stripping the team of its good/elite young talent for draft picks has repeatedly proven to be the best way to build a championship team.

Other than being billionaires, what qualifications do the Pegulas have for hiring Beane and McDermott? Their choice of Rex Ryan as HC? Hate to bust your bubble, but it was the Pegulas who were pretty instantly conned by Ryan's schtick when the advisors whom you disparage wanted another candidate.

Pegs has already said no more "wash,rinse,repeat"

I think these 2 young whippersnappers bring the Bills back to the promised land.

See above. For all the Pegulas' claims, their process is EXACTLY the same one that has resulted in 17 non-playoff seasons: let top talent leave rather than pay them, con the fans by dangling the promise of draft picks, and use JAGs and draft picks to fill the holes left by the departed talented players ... Oh, yeah, and laugh all the way to the bank at the gullibility of Bills fans.

Edited by SoTier

No, I think "gift" is exactly the right word, but then, I like irony ... and sarcasm.

Trust The Process because stripping the team of its good/elite young talent for draft picks has repeatedly proven to be the best way to build a championship team.

Other than being billionaires, what qualifications do the Pegulas have for hiring Beane and McDermott? Their choice of Rex Ryan as HC? Hate to bust your bubble, but it was the Pegulas who were pretty instantly conned by Ryan's schtick when the advisors whom you disparage wanted another candidate.

See above. For all the Pegulas' claims, their process is EXACTLY the same one that has resulted in 17 non-playoff seasons: let top talent leave rather than pay them, con the fans by dangling the promise of draft picks, and use JAGs and draft picks to fill the holes left by the departed talented players ... Oh, yeah, and laugh all the way to the bank at the gullibility of Bills fans.

The Pegula's have made many questionable decisions as team owners. At times they seem to be in over their heads. From a fans perspective it is difficult to trust that they will make the choices. We just have to hope that McD and Bean are the right men for the job. The Pegula's lack of experience doesn't mean that the right regime can't fall into their laps. What qualifications do any NFL owners have when it comes to football? Jerrry Jones? Robert Kraft? The Pegula's are inexperienced, but I'm not sure if I'd say they are less qualified.

It doesn't matter. Beane has a job waiting for him in Carolina. I'm sure he'll go sooner than later.

I really wish you'd change your screen name. You are a pessimistic troll and not representative of the good people of our country at all. You're not even worthy of calling yourself a fan.

I voted for one of the yes options, but I don't have a ton of confidence. I guess it depends on how you define "the future". If it means will they both still be here through the 2019 season, I say yes with confidence. 2021? Maybe, but I can't be so sure any more. I'm not convinced that they will right the ship, although I do think they should get a fair (4 years maybe?) chance to try.

A lot of fans and media are praising them currently, saying the Bills finally have a clear plan. We're not accustomed as fans to seeing a plan from the Bills' front office, so that would be great if it's true. And maybe it is, but I'm still not convinced. If you're building for the future and looking to accumulate picks, I don't see why you bring back TT on essentially a 1-year deal. I don't see why you sign a bunch of middling free agents to nullify potential 3rd and 4th round comp picks. And I especially don't see why one of those free agents is a 32-year-old kicker. If we're focused on the future and rebuilding, who cares if we lose a couple games due to missed FGs? Do we think the kicker needs a year or two to "gel" with the team before he can be good?

Now, if those free agents turn out to be great signings, then great! That's worth forgoing the comp picks for. But from all the camp reports I've read, Ducasse is as bad as most of us thought, and Andre Holmes has been one of the worst WRs in camp. And I don't care if Hauschka makes every kick this year - I'd rather have a 3rd round pick in 2018 and a random kicker. And DiMarco is a fullback - probably the least impactful position in the modern NFL.

Pegs has already said no more "wash,rinse,repeat"

I think these 2 young whippersnappers bring the Bills back to the promised land.

I'm in agreement here however, If these two don't bring us to the playoffs during their allotted time (2 3 or 4 years), I would expect the new GM will be hand picking his own HC!

Voted option A

Edited by fl az fan