Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

1 hour ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I heard Tuesday Afternoon in what had to be the Summer of '68, before I started college.  I discovered that I never wanted to be a steel worker and that I loved the Moody Blues.

Oh, and I actually know that song and album well.  I bought the album while stationed in Belgium and really loved it.  Justin's distinctive voice and guitar playing are a beautiful accent to the album.  Love the flute as well.

P.S.  Thanks for posting this...I haven't heard that song in many years.

It is good to know you know the album.   I listen to a lot of music with headphones and the sound of the Martians opening up their capsule just sticks with me.   The imagery the sounds paint in the album are so real.   It harkens back to when radio was "THE" medium.   Must be 20 years since I have given the entire album a listen.   Must be overdue.

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

Currently in heavy rotation.  One of my favorite recent songs.  Beautiful song, with a beautiful abstract painting.

Big fan of this guys music, have seen him a couple of times, the second time unfortunately left a really bad taste in my mouth, but my appreciation for his music allowed me to overcome the sour taste this event left in me.  I was in about the second or third row and we were all getting very restless with his rambling crap.

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

Love her!  Can't wait for the new record...you checked out the Jen Cloher album?

I really like Jen Clohers new album. Saw her play a couple months ago. She is very talented, great songwriter. I've been a fan of Courtney's since I heard her 3 or so years ago, she reminded me of Lou Reed or Patti  Smith. Jen C is more of a Springsteen like singer/songwriter. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/22/2018 at 12:53 AM, The Poojer said:

I really like Jen Clohers new album. Saw her play a couple months ago. She is very talented, great songwriter. I've been a fan of Courtney's since I heard her 3 or so years ago, she reminded me of Lou Reed or Patti  Smith. Jen C is more of a Springsteen like singer/songwriter. 

Barnett has such a great melodic feel...and a cool as hell voice.  Her songs just really creep into your consciousness...and I love her guitar style.  Kinda reminds me a bit of the first 2 or 3 Liz Phair records...the good ones...

You wouldn't believe, I have tried to see her 3 times over the years...the first time, my girlfriend got into a terrible automobile accident the evening of the show, so I skipped it.  The next time, she was set to headline an outdoor festival here in Austin...there was a torrrential storm, the festival got cancelled, and she never rescheduled the show...then this past November, I had great seats to see her and Kurt Vile, and my freaking brother passed away the day of the show...I feel like I just wasn't meant to see her!  Giving it another go in May!

Anyway, really dig this tune from the Barnett/Vile reocrd...Jen Cloher wrote it...my favorit on that record:

23 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Barnett has such a great melodic feel...and a cool as hell voice.  Her songs just really creep into your consciousness...and I love her guitar style.  Kinda reminds me a bit of the first 2 or 3 Liz Phair records...the good ones...

You wouldn't believe, I have tried to see her 3 times over the years...the first time, my girlfriend got into a terrible automobile accident the evening of the show, so I skipped it.  The next time, she was set to headline an outdoor festival here in Austin...there was a torrrential storm, the festival got cancelled, and she never rescheduled the show...then this past November, I had great seats to see her and Kurt Vile, and my freaking brother passed away the day of the show...I feel like I just wasn't meant to see her!  Giving it another go in May!

Anyway, really dig this tune from the Barnett/Vile reocrd...Jen Cloher wrote it...my favorit on that record:

Oh man, that really sucks on several levels, least important is missing the shows......that said.....when i saw Jen Cloher, Kurt and Courtney(the good namesakes) were playing that night just down the road in Philly.....we were all hoping we'd get a surprise appearance on stage.  Didn't happen.  Jen just played a full headlining show at a club in philly, Johnny Brenda's, Courtney is her guitarist on the tour, needless to say, that 500 capacity venue sold out quickly.  Courtney just sold out a May show at a 2000 seat venue in about 30 minutes.  I saw her a couple years ago at a festival hosted by the station that pretty much introduced her, WXPN, her live show was so loud, raucous and chaotic, it was nothing that i expected but holy crap was it good.  She is one of the best artists to come out in the past couple of years. 

• Like (+1) 1

This cat made his millions writing bubblegum crap music, appealing to teenage girls with lots of money to spend.  That makes him a genius.

I think John Mayer is one of the premiere blues players alive today (forward to 4:35) ... the next Clapton/SRV type player.  This song is a sweet showcase of his talent from about a decade ago.

Now .... he's Dead to Pooj ;)!

Another version ... start at 4:50.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

This cat made his millions writing bubblegum crap music, appealing to teenage girls with lots of money to spend.  That makes him a genius.

I think John Mayer is one of the premiere blues players alive today (forward to 4:35) ... the next Clapton/SRV type player.  This song is a sweet showcase of his talent from about a decade ago.

Now .... he's Dead to Pooj ;)!

Another version ... start at 4:50.

John Mayer is Dead to me!!!!!:D

9 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm not a deadhead but I do like some  of their music so take this for what it's worth.  Shakedown Street is utter pop crap.

Don't tell me that song ain't got no heart.

9 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm not a deadhead but I do like some  of their music so take this for what it's worth.  Shakedown Street is utter pop crap.

yup

that was the end of it all....

• Haha (+1) 1