Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

On 5/29/2018 at 9:06 AM, The Poojer said:

Just listened to Looks Like Rain from that show on my way in to work....Summer tour starts this week, I am going Friday & Saturday, possibly Raleigh the following saturday...cannot frigging wait

My only Dead concert...   awesome, from what little I remember

Alumni Stadium (U of Mass), Amherst, MA (5/12/79)

Jack Straw
They Love Each Other
Me and My Uncle
Big River
Tennessee Jed
New Minglewood Blues
Stagger Lee
Looks Like Rain
Deal

Don't Ease Me In
Samson and Delilah
Friend of the Devil
Terrapin Station
Playin' in the Band
drums
Not Fade Away
Stella Blue
Good Lovin'

Shakedown Street
One More Saturday Night

10 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

For some reason that reminded me of these guys. 

This song in particular doesn't sound much like Los Natas, so I kept listening to other Kvelertak songs and it has some similarities, though the guy's voice in Kvelertak is very powerful and you have to showcase it. That's not the case with Los Natas, which is more of an instrumental band with some voices here or there. 

For those of you with a country bent..I have become fans of two AL-based artists the last 5 years -- Jason Isbell and Holly Williams.  Holly is Hank's granddaughter and Hank Jr.'s daughter...Here is a representative song from Holly.  If you are ready to get sappy -- listen to "Waiting on June" it's about Holly's maternal grandparents.

Most of you have probably heard of Jason Isbell (Several Grammys this year and a CMA nomination)-- great writer and a fun performer.  For those of you in the Raleigh area -- Jason is performing at the Booth Amphitheater in Cary on 9/28.

Edited by JoeF

8 hours ago, JoeF said:

For those of you with a country bent..I have become fans of two AL-based artists the last 5 years -- Jason Isbell and Holly Williams.  Holly is Hank's granddaughter and Hank Jr.'s daughter...Here is a representative song from Holly.  If you are ready to get sappy -- listen to "Waiting on June" it's about Holly's maternal grandparents.

Most of you have probably heard of Jason Isbell (Several Grammys this year and a CMA nomination)-- great writer and a fun performer.  For those of you in the Raleigh area -- Jason is performing at the Booth Amphitheater in Cary on 9/28.

Man I LOVE Hank, Hank Jr., and Hank III; but I don't like this at all. Not because she's a she, I really like Dolly, Patsy, and Jeannine C Riley, but this sounds like alot of other stuff to me. Reminds me a bit of Sheryl Crow.

What I really love about the Williams Dynasty is that they redefine the genre, and I feel like this falls short of that admittedly lofty expectation. Lots of boot left to fill to live up to that last name in my opinion.

Anyhow, here's what I'm listening to right now, but it's more from the folk/bluegrass persuation. 4 guys from Canada

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah yeah yeah, we know.... just crank out the second song, maybe people will forget the classic you released a few months earlier... not even Rick Astley stole from his own first hit like this one...

Edited by row_33

• 3 weeks later...