Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just saw them live last night in Boston. Women who are my age kicking ass.

I only ever heard Last Splash which I liked a lot. Love this song, gonna have to check them out again, they have a great vibe, no pretensions.

And so I did the youtube thing starting with the Breeders and stumbled across a cover I'd never heard before completely unrelated to the Breeders. Kind of cool they were the starting point. Pretty sure this thread has been bereft of Lemmy/Motorhead  until now. Always loved this David Bowie song:

On 4/17/2018 at 9:57 AM, row_33 said:

Took me 30 seconds to get nostalgic about 12 things with this....

Holy Moly, I am not the most rhythmic white guy... But that video has barely enough rhythm in its dancers to power one 4w night light bulb!

Now, I can't get it out of my head, I am stuck in slow motion.  The lava videos out of Hawaii seem to be going faster!

Thanx!

PS: I should play this over the PA system @ work for the board when we are busy as hell and they are all bellyaching.

Saw them last night. #1 in all this mother !@#$ing country. 

On 4/21/2018 at 12:06 AM, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Paramore, "Hard Times"

This is millenial pop, but this is the best of it, a real band that has intricate arrangements.  Go out on a limb and get their album, "After Laughter", if you don't believe me.

In this moment and halestorm blow that kitty **** out of the water

Saw them last night 

The lead singer, Scott Hutchinson, was found dead today of apparent suicide after going missing the other night.  They were a very good band, but he was fighting some major demons as was evident in his song writing.  Guess I won't be seeing them, again, like I hoped in a couple weeks.  ?

On 5/5/2018 at 1:06 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Just saw them live last night in Boston. Women who are my age kicking ass.

Shout out to Promo for The Breeders! Had not listened to them since Cannonball. New album has some great music. Thanks.

I'm having one of those epic live music weeks that I seem to have once or twice a year dozen or so live shows since last friday, culminating today with Belly, featuring former Breeder(and Throwing Muses), Tanya Donnelly.  Was a big Belly fan(ironically(?) now i sport a huge belly) and am glad they are back making music.  Music is so awesome.  There's something out there for everyone, and anyone who says there's no good music today doesn't know what they are talking about.

On 5/13/2018 at 10:17 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Shout out to Promo for The Breeders! Had not listened to them since Cannonball. New album has some great music. Thanks.

Just listened to Looks Like Rain from that show on my way in to work....Summer tour starts this week, I am going Friday & Saturday, possibly Raleigh the following saturday...cannot frigging wait

36 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

A complete Dead show at Rich Stadium: