Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

Released knowing it was costing them a lot of $$$ with each sale, and of course sold millions of copies, another masterpiece and JFK-where-I-was moment when this first hit my ears... saw them one night and they played to the crowd, the next night in another city they played with their back to the crowd and no encores...

On 11/26/2017 at 9:47 AM, The Poojer said:

I saw him when he was about 12 or 13, he played a bar I was working at in North Syracuse, NY (USA Sams) he was incredible back then and has really matured and keeps getting better.

It's incredible how long he has been playing professionally and how young he still is.  I went with my wife who is not a blues fan but she bought me the tickets for a birthday present.  After the first song she said wow he's really good is he going to do that all night?  He then played for 2+ hours just killing the guitar.  I had a smile on my face the whole time I couldn't shake.  Just fantastic guitar work.

Listening to Joe today on YouTube and this came up eventually.  Really interesting and easy to get lost in.

Edited by section122

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

another 80s 12" 45 masterpiece.

Saw this at a New Years' Party Dec 31, 1979 and realized the 80s were going to be very different and awesome with a new British Wave.

The Specials spawned some great ska punk.

Not sure if the Scoflaws got much play outside my home town but they were great:

And as I mentioned a few pages back I'm a big fan of Goldfinger who crushed a cover of Nite Klub:

15 hours ago, joesixpack said:

You wanna talk about the man?

This guy was metal 10 years before proto-metal even existed.

I saw in the corner of the paper when I was on a file in Little Rock that he was playing in town that night, back in 2000, and I didn't go, and I still regret this.

I just saw his son Dhani at a Free at Noon concert at WXPN here in Philly....Dhani got his father's talent, his new album is pretty cool.  Looked and sounded eerily like his father as well.

50 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

25 February 1943 – 29 November 2001

• Like (+1) 1

Jools closes out another masterpiece.

This was one of the best shows, his band could tear it.  Poor guy, probably the least physical blessings dished out to someone famous in pop history.

and you can't have the one without the other

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

"glam metal"

I dig this tune

Yup; said they toured with Moltey Crue, AeroSmith, etc. back in the day.

No one interesting sitting next to me in the airport bar in Phoenix. 

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1