Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

This was the last celebrity death that brought me to tears ....

I was hired to write a project on the 27 Club last year and had to do a schit ton of research. Amy Winehouse was the only one I didn't know much about and immediately I was completely enamored. What an amazing talent. Crazy person but her voice and songwriting were insane.

When she got her first introduction to music people, she was about 15 and one of her friends asked her to record a demo, a duet with him, for some A&R guys. They listened to it and called him up and asked who the old black woman was he did the duet with. Ha. A lot of people have such a distorted viewpoint of her.

I was hired to write a project on the 27 Club last year and had to do a schit ton of research. Amy Winehouse was the only one I didn't know much about and immediately I was completely enamored. What an amazing talent. Crazy person but her voice and songwriting were insane.

When she got her first introduction to music people, she was about 15 and one of her friends asked her to record a demo, a duet with him, for some A&R guys. They listened to it and called him up and asked who the old black woman was he did the duet with. Ha. A lot of people have such a distorted viewpoint of her.

You've got that right, brother. She was a beautiful person, inside and out. And man ... that voice. The world lost a good one when she passed.

There's some great stuff on the posthumous release, "Lioness: Hidden Treasures." If you haven't checked it out, it's a must.

I just hope there's more stuff out there.

You've got that right, brother. She was a beautiful person, inside and out. And man ... that voice. The world lost a good one when she passed.

There's some great stuff on the posthumous release, "Lioness: Hidden Treasures." If you haven't checked it out, it's a must.

I just hope there's more stuff out there.

I don't know if you ever saw this one but it's terrific. The whole idea of these concerts is awesome.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spin.com/2011/12/watch-amy-winehouses-2006-performance-rural-irish-church%3famp=1

There's no video. :(

Yeah I saw the doc on some music channel. It's like an hour long. Maybe an hour and a half. Not sure where to find it. It's called Amy Winehouse - One Shining Night.

This little church in this tiny town in Ireland once a year convinces some singer to come play there. In the church. It only fits like 50 people. And she decided to accept their offer. It's really cool.