The Buffalo news has new Bills columnists (Peace out, Kmart)

Kelly wasn't a target by those two.

Marv was.

The O-line was ripped.... the fat girls down the block are better, the ball was snapped and these guys fell on their back like 2-dollar *****s...

But the callers ripped Kelly.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the callers ripped Kelly.

Oh for sure, morons somehow dialed up all the time, made for very enjoyable chat.

Best call was the man driving over the Peace Bridge and was gonna jump over the ledge, telling the coach he couldn't take it any more with the Bills blowing out there, The Coach expertly talked him out of this rash decision as these bums weren't worth it, not in the least.

Nobody with a brain attacked Jim Kelly's efforts out there, that Swiss Cheese O-line handed him a brutal beating all the time that ended his peak years way too soon.

of course. Negative when warranted is fine and expected. I just like balanced reporting and knowledgeable writers. Not Skurski who thinks you need to fit 90 players under the salary cap. Or Sully who embarrasses himself at press conferences and instead of gathering real info just dusts off old columns and changes a few names around.

agree with you 100 percent

I've lived in Manhattan. I've lived in Buffalo. I love both places. I'm speaking from a career perspective -- it's hard to imagine your career gets a "jump start" when you move from NYC to Buffalo -- particularly when your vocation is entertainment media. Do you disagree?

quality of life may matter to her. She may feel boxed in by newsday and is looking for a fresh start.

Sully has roughly 5 columns drafted up and then just fills in some blanks like he's playing mad libs

Sully's like that teacher who gives you 20 page packets to work on in class that were clearly typed on type-writer 30 years ago when he started teaching.

Its funny that people find this hard to believe. Everyone I know who moved there, has moved back. NY is a big lonely city, especially for transplants.

Obviously its differnet if you have close friends and family

I know a small handful who have moved back. The vast majority of Buffalonians I know who moved to NYC have stayed here (including me). There are a lot of Buffalonians here. Moving back does happen, however.

Edited by dave mcbride

Its funny that people find this hard to believe. Everyone I know who moved there, has moved back. NY is a big lonely city, especially for transplants.

Obviously its differnet if you have close friends and family

Tried the NYC thing right after college myself.

It sucked. Three paychecks a month just towards rent in a tiny sweatbox. Second job to make some tips. Wasn't worth it at all imo to live in an overcrowded, overpriced, overhyped city.

Made me appreciate the people and the vibe of WNY all that much more.

I know a small handful who have moved back. The vast majority of Buffalonians I know who moved to NYC have stayed here (including me). There are a lot of Buffalonians here. Moving back does happen, however.

Certainly not for everybody. I think I could've made the jump right after college, but now I don't think I could. Wife likes the city in small doses only.

My brother is moving back from Brooklyn to Buffalo after 5 years. He is still getting his NYC salary here so instead of splitting an apartment paying $1250, he will buy a house.

I love visiting NYC but I have zero desire to live there unless I was a multi millionaire, which I'm not yet.

Certainly not for everybody. I think I could've made the jump right after college, but now I don't think I could. Wife likes the city in small doses only.

It definitely takes getting used to, and that takes a lot of time. I couldn't live anywhere else at this point, but I totally understand why people get burned out on it and leave.

Edited by dave mcbride

It definitely takes getting used to, and that takes a lot of time. I couldn't live anywhere else at this point, but I totally understand why people get burned out on it and leave.

Both of my brothers lived there for years. My one lived mostly in Manhattan, and my other one lived in bay ridge brooklyn.

Smartphone apps make taking the trains super easy for tourists/new people FWIW.

Both of my brothers lived there for years. My one lived mostly in Manhattan, and my other one lived in bay ridge brooklyn.

Smartphone apps make taking the trains super easy for tourists/new people FWIW.

I feel like it's not hard to navigate once you get used to public transportation. The biggest turn off about NYC, for me, is how geniunely filthy the entire place is. Even the best looking restaurants and nice buildings are rat havens.

Are we allowed to read her columns if she's critical of the Bills? I feel so conflicted......

No one has a problem with "critical" articles. The mindless ranting and raving with little point hasn't been worth reading for years not though.

Just what the paper needs... more opinions. How about some good reporters, people who know and understand sports, strategy, salary caps, etc. Instead we get schlock like that Yucky snarky parenthesis column article this morning, filled with no talent or skill, just arrogant snark. This woman, who may or may not be talented, will likely come here and add to that snark, trying to make a name for herself as she attempts to continue to rise the media ladder. This is not a permanent stop for her.

• 4 weeks later...

I really like this addition, TBN!

@christrapasso

Announcement: I've joined @TheBuffaloNews as a #Bills writer contributing (mostly) analytics and draft articles. I'm incredibly excited.

This is part of [b/N] Blitz's expansion which will be available to all News subscribers or those who subscribe specifically to [bN] Blitz...

...when the new [b/N] Blitz formally launches, as part of @TBNSports, a free 2-week trial will be offered.

Edited by YoloinOhio

She left Manhattan for Buffalo?

I think the Pegulas had some very frank conversations with the News about the crap they've allowed their columnists to print. I think they told the News that if they wanted to continue to have access, they need to print something better than Sullivan's usual whining.

No inside info, but I'd guess that this woman got a nice salary bump (justified in part because she's moving from beat writer to columnist). Plus, her paper isn't close to the top rag in NYC. The real sports fans look to the Daily News and the Post before they bother with Newsday. Doesn't mean they don't have good people there or do good work; just means that she isn't exactly leaving a big-time paper (even tho Newsday's circulation is bigger than the News, by a lot).

Edited by Shaw66

• 1 month later...